Mouse -Fi
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #361 of 616
Quote:
I don't want to deal with the mouse wheel again in a couple of years. It looks like it's exactly the same, except it doesn't glow.

Well, it's a new mouse but I hate to break it to you but most mice will break eventually, especially if you use them a lot. That being said, if you don't like it then try the Steel Series mice. They seem to be the only gaming mice actually worth the money outside of the Razer mice. I know some people like Logitech but Logitech is a gaming company in the same way they're an audio company; they have some stuff for it, sure, but it's hardly their focus. Kind of why my first thought when I found out Logitech was buying Ultimate Ears was, "Well there goes that company."

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #362 of 616
I have a Logitech M305 mouse I picked up yesterday and it's pretty good but the battery cover seems to be a bit loose and it's kinda driving me nuts. Most likely going to return it tomorrow but I'd like to know if you guys can give me good recommendations...? I was thinking of the magic mouse but I'm not sure if it's totally worth it for $50? Maybe someone can recommend me a good mouse for $50 used for mere internet browsing? I just need it to be wireless.

Thanks

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #363 of 616
If you want a really interesting to use mouse that's actually pretty powerful in what it can do the mighty mouse is pretty good as a mouse. I have one and I don't use it but only because I hate having to switch from one mouse to another when I game. If, however, you just want a good, usable mouse for normal browsing and a Magic Mouse is within your budget then yeah, definitely give it a shot.

Worst case scenario you can try it for a week and bring it back if you don't like it.

Beyond that, any of the Logitech mice will do a good job. If you happen to have smaller hands or prefer smaller mice I'd recommend the Anywhere MX, which is a great wireless mouse. The battery lasts quite a long time and it tracks on anything. It's my go-to mouse as a portable mouse (assuming I don't just bring my Magic Mouse at that point).

As far as I'm concerned, outside of gaming mouse and aside the Magic Mouse, the only mouse worth considering are Logitech mice. They are built pretty well, track on just about any surface and get good battery life.

Oh, and if you get one of the USB ones with a universal receiver it can be used with one of their keyboards as well, so one receiver for multiple devices. But if you want bluetooth then just get the Magic Mouse.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #364 of 616
Quote:
I have a Logitech M305 mouse I picked up yesterday and it's pretty good but the battery cover seems to be a bit loose and it's kinda driving me nuts. Most likely going to return it tomorrow but I'd like to know if you guys can give me good recommendations...?

Masking tape.

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #365 of 616
Quote:
If you want a really interesting to use mouse that's actually pretty powerful in what it can do the mighty mouse is pretty good as a mouse. I have one and I don't use it but only because I hate having to switch from one mouse to another when I game. If, however, you just want a good, usable mouse for normal browsing and a Magic Mouse is within your budget then yeah, definitely give it a shot.

Worst case scenario you can try it for a week and bring it back if you don't like it.

Beyond that, any of the Logitech mice will do a good job. If you happen to have smaller hands or prefer smaller mice I'd recommend the Anywhere MX, which is a great wireless mouse. The battery lasts quite a long time and it tracks on anything. It's my go-to mouse as a portable mouse (assuming I don't just bring my Magic Mouse at that point).

As far as I'm concerned, outside of gaming mouse and aside the Magic Mouse, the only mouse worth considering are Logitech mice. They are built pretty well, track on just about any surface and get good battery life.

Oh, and if you get one of the USB ones with a universal receiver it can be used with one of their keyboards as well, so one receiver for multiple devices. But if you want bluetooth then just get the Magic Mouse.

Alright I think I'll give the magic mouse a shot tomorrow after I return the logitech! Let me know if you're selling! 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #366 of 616
Quote:

The magic mouse is great, but personally I find browser gestures to be more effective ( In chromeplus )

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #367 of 616
Quote:
Alright I think I'll give the magic mouse a shot tomorrow after I return the logitech! Let me know if you're selling! 
smile_phones.gif

Never! I have other mice I'd sell before I sold that. My Anywhere MX, for example. However, I like having extra keyboards and mice around for when one decides to break, misbehave or I simply need to lend one to a friend.

Quote:
The magic mouse is great, but personally I find browser gestures to be more effective ( In chromeplus )

I can understand that. I don't use mine now because I prefer my DeathAdder for so many other things (when doing design work the accuracy is fantastic). Because of that and the fact that I'm an obsessive keyboard-commander I don't need to gesture abilities of the Magic Mouse.

However, for general users who aren't like me it's still a very cool mouse. Which is why Microsoft and Logitech are both coming out with their own versions of it.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #369 of 616
Quote:
I'm also using a rat 7, when it breaks(If this thing ever breaks 0.0) I think I'll try out a corsair m60

LOL! I say them same thing about my rat 7. However, it seems like a sturdy thing. I don't understand why people say it's easy to break.
confused_face.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #370 of 616
I have a cheap second-hand MS original Sidewinder. Great for my lazy pinky..
MS has big and generally sturdy mice,but durability is almost is not top-notch.
Middle button starts to be unresponsive. Doesn't care as I am using it more for internet browsing. xp

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #371 of 616
I use a Razer Deathadder since I have rather large hands. It fits perfectly in my hand, and works really well. I'm definitely someone that "palms" their mouse, instead of making a "claw grip." 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back