Mouse -Fi
Jun 13, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #346 of 616
I'm using the MX revolution.
I would upgrade to the performance mx since I've had this mouse for 5 years, but TBH the battery still lasts about 5 days with fairly heavy use before I have to put it on the charger. The rubber grip is also peeling off on the right side of the mouse, but oh well.
And I'm mad that they took away the side wheel on the MX. That is truly one of my favorite features of the Revolution..
Also, I'm using a razer sphex for my "mousepad." AKA skin. I can feel that it adds some better tracking to the mouse compared to my previous generic pad. I don't get why people spend a bunch of money on 10000 DPI mice, this mouse worked great back in the days of BF2142 :)

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #348 of 616
Quote:
Anybody know a mouse that is a right hander and doesn't have any bells and whistles? Just left click, right click and middle mouse button. God damn drivers that allow you to customise those bells and whistles are almost always Windows only so it's pointless for me.

Lots of them are hardware-memorized, so you would only need to customize them once on a windows computer, then you wouldnt even need  to install drivers, atleast that's how my Spawn works.
Used to have the MX revo - effin' amazing mouse, i just traded it for the CM Storm Spawn, which is also quite awesome.(Despite being tagged as a gamer mouse)

Jun 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #349 of 616
Quote:
Anybody know a mouse that is a right hander and doesn't have any bells and whistles? Just left click, right click and middle mouse button. God damn drivers that allow you to customise those bells and whistles are almost always Windows only so it's pointless for me.

What OS do you use? All those customize mice have pass-through on their buttons by default if no driver is present so any custom mouse driver will pick it up and run it as normal.

If you're using Linux there are going to be half a dozen different apps to do just what you want. If you're running OS X, most manufacturers make OS X drivers now. Razer's for example, are better on the Mac than they are on the PC. I had a lot of trouble with my DeathAdder initially on Windows but it's always been rock-solid on OS X.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #351 of 616
Quote:
Yea I'm using GNU/Linux and I'm looking at getting an Intellimouse 3.0, that's if I can figure out how to customise the buttons.

The DeathAdder is a pretty similar shape but with a better sensor and better switches if you're interested.

Jun 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #352 of 616
I use a Razer Orochi. It's perfect for me because I'm on the go a lot with my laptop and it is comfortable but not too bulky, yet it has a powerful 2000 dpi sensor. It can be a wired mouse OR a wireless mouse, so I can take advantages of both interfaces (wireless = convenience, wired = speed, when gaming). Absolutely love it :)

Jun 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #357 of 616
G500 was a awesome mouse, used that at work alot.

At home my first good mouse I had was the good old Logitech MX Revolution, which sadly, after serving me for 3 years, broke down but got repleaced with warranty. The replacement moue was MX Performance. Also a good mouse (I did not like it as much as MX Revolution which had 2 scrolls!) but now I'm using Logitech G700 which in my opinion, after using nearly 15 different mouse models in my life, is the best mouse on the market.

It has a solid build
changable battery (unlike mx revolution)
better build quality than revolution and performance
more buttons
higher (changable dpi)
more configuration options
possibility to use as a wireless or wired mouse

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #358 of 616
DeathAdder 3.5 is a great fit for me. Unfortunately, after 2 years, the mouse wheel just isn't accurate anymore. I got rid of the double click issue by just upping the Windows setting as well. Time to start mouse hunting.

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #359 of 616
Quote:
DeathAdder 3.5 is a great fit for me. Unfortunately, after 2 years, the mouse wheel just isn't accurate anymore. I got rid of the double click issue by just upping the Windows setting as well. Time to start mouse hunting.

If you like the DA3.5 just get the new Black Edition. More of the same except in the lights department.

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #360 of 616

If you like the DA3.5 just get the new Black Edition. More of the same except in the lights department.

I don't want to deal with the mouse wheel again in a couple of years. It looks like it's exactly the same, except it doesn't glow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back