Mouse -Fi
Oct 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #91 of 616
Not sure if there is much to be done as far as the actual buttons clicking but most scrollwheels can be modded.  I did it with my old G5, where basically you simply take out a small spring and the wheel spins smooth.  No clicks and you can scroll through pages like 20 times faster.  The downside being (if you play fps's or other games) is that the wheel has nothing hold its position so it will occasionally move around on its own.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-mouse-wheel-not-click./

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #94 of 616

Quote:
Not sure if there is much to be done as far as the actual buttons clicking but most scrollwheels can be modded. I did it with my old G5, where basically you simply take out a small spring and the wheel spins smooth. No clicks and you can scroll through pages like 20 times faster. The downside being (if you play fps's or other games) is that the wheel has nothing hold its position so it will occasionally move around on its own.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-mouse-wheel-not-click./

Very cool.  I can live with a noisier scrollwheel, but the buttons get more use and can be more disturbing to the user and neighbors.

Quote:
I use Logitech Performance Mouse MX because it is silent.

Do the buttons produce any clicking sound?  I have the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution which includes the MX Revolution mouse and it's definitely not silent.  Have another Logitech mouse which has the shape of the M500, and it's relatively quiet though the battery life is poor.

Haven't had much luck with Logitech as their buttons are really levers and they produce a high pitch clicky sound.  Design-wise and ergonomics are great, but haven't found a model with quiet buttons.  As for their keyboards, I went through four Logitechs before I found the K800 to be the quietest.  Not that the preceding keyboards were not quiet, but they have a short shelf life before they become increasingly louder, especially the spacebars.

Oct 26, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #95 of 616

Quote:
Do the buttons produce any clicking sound?  I have the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution which includes the MX Revolution mouse and it's definitely not silent.  Have another Logitech mouse which has the shape of the M500, and it's relatively quiet though the battery life is poor.  
Haven't had much luck with Logitech as their buttons are really levers and they produce a high pitch clicky sound.  Design-wise and ergonomics are great, but haven't found a model with quiet buttons.  As for their keyboards, I went through four Logitechs before I found the K800 to be the quietest.  Not that the preceding keyboards were not quiet, but they have a short shelf life before they become increasingly louder, especially the spacebars.

Buttons are not completely silent, I have not seen a mouse with buttons not making any sound, they are relatively silent and am happy with that.

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #97 of 616

Quote:

Buttons are not completely silent, I have not seen a mouse with buttons not making any sound, they are relatively silent and am happy with that.

From this review, the Performance Mouse MX has a similar design / shape as the MX Revolution.  Looking for a smaller notebook mouse with a lower profile.

Quote:
Haven't tried this personally but:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48682

That's one hell of a guide.

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #98 of 616
Just got a G400. I tried the Logitech Gaming software but unfortunately it makes the cursor jump around quite a bit which is very aggravating. I ended up not using the software but now I don't get the custom set DPI and mouse buttons.
frown.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #99 of 616
Unless it's a bug with the new version of the software, you have have gotten a wonky one.  I had a G400 for a bit, not a single problem.

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #100 of 616

Quote:
Unless it's a bug with the new version of the software, you have have gotten a wonky one.  I had a G400 for a bit, not a single problem.

Nothing's wrong with the mouse as it tracks fine without the software, and I read a review where the reviewer had the same problem with the cursor jittering with the software. Unfortunately it's on overclock.net which is being overhauled right now so I can't link it.

A lot of other reviews I read didn't even use the software. I guess it's better not to as I can still switch DPI and I'd rather be able to use it as a plug and play mouse on any computer.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #101 of 616
It sounds like a driver or firmware issue.  I remember reading about that cursor jumping issue with some Razer wireless mice and that was definitely a driver issue.    If you can still use the dpi buttons though, you don't really need the software. 

There are also alternatives like this:
http://fzwte.net/site/ZWDA_Home

...although I have no experience with them.

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #103 of 616
Logitech G500 with the heavier weights, 800 dpi, low sensitivity in games. For a real man
cool.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #105 of 616

Quote:
My mouse is so bad for gaming since its a wireless mouse and made for comfort not gaming. LOL

Wireless mice > wired mice for gaming. The wire gets in the way.

There are lots of mice with great wireless performance that offer excellent tracking for games.  We have the Roccat Pyra, Logitech G7, Cyborg Rat 9. Have not tried the Razer Mamba. I don't like Logitech or Razer though, Rat9 is the best mouse in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back