Mouse -Fi
Nov 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #121 of 616

Quote:
Has anyone noticed the absolutely appalling mouse curve on Mac OS X? This deeply upsets me.

If you mean speed and acceleration in system preferences, yeah its inadequate. I've always used USBOverdrive (from OS8.x), but haven't used it in SnowLeopard. It was always worth the price.

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/News.html

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #123 of 616

Quote:
If you mean speed and acceleration in system preferences, yeah its inadequate. I've always used USBOverdrive (from OS8.x), but haven't used it in SnowLeopard. It was always worth the price.

Is the paid version of USBOverdrive much different from the free one? What's the difference, aside from the pop-up on startup and countdown timer on program launch?

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #124 of 616

Quote:
Quote:

Is the paid version of USBOverdrive much different from the free one? What's the difference, aside from the pop-up on startup and countdown timer on program launch?

Is it free or a demo? Unless things have changed since OS10.5, and it may or may not have, the pop up and countdown was nagware. I got all the functionality I needed and that was speed, acceleration, and button/wheel mapping. ymmv.

The programmer is a longtime reliable Mac guy. I'd still be using it, but now I prefer the trackpad. USBoverdrive would have been the first thing I installed.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #128 of 616
Black Friday meant I got home with a G700. Excuse for me is needing a wireless mouse I have two Zowie EC1s (coming with monitor), a Ikari Laser, Razer Deathadder, Razer Copperhead and Microsoft Sidewinder X5. I am not sure it´s the beefiest model with metal buttons maybe it´s X8???

G700 is in the logitech school a bit to heavy for competitive use to me but I must say the build quality impresses me tons. It´s a mouse you just love to hug and squeeze. Scroll wheel is amazingly smooth. To smooth if you remove the resistance but perfect with it enabled. It totally match the Sidewinder X5 in feel. I like it´s pad better then sidewinders which is more vulnerable to dirt or you loose the glide.

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #130 of 616
Quote:
I hate the Apple mighty mouse, it is a pain to make a right click with it, the scroll wheel/ball stopped working and the side buttons are very hard to press and unresponsive. 

I agree it's pretty flawed. I have the occasional right-click bug too, but the scroll-ball hasn't defeated me so far, for the energetic rubbing-turned-over-on-a-piece-of-paper-with-a-little-moist cleaning technique has always restored full functionality. I really appreciate the 360° scrolling when working with pictures. I'm not much of a side button user, so can't comment on that feature.
It looks great with the whole Mac set-up but I agree it's probably one of Apple's biggest technological failures; I have read pages & pages of disappointed Mighty Mouse users. But for half-price, I was willing to give it a try.
What I'd really like is a wired version of the Magic Trackpad...

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #131 of 616

Quote:
I agree it's pretty flawed. I have the occasional right-click bug too, but the scroll-ball hasn't defeated me so far, for the energetic rubbing-turned-over-on-a-piece-of-paper-with-a-little-moist cleaning technique has always restored full functionality. I really appreciate the 360° scrolling when working with pictures. I'm not much of a side button user, so can't comment on that feature.
It looks great with the whole Mac set-up but I agree it's probably one of Apple's biggest technological failures; I have read pages & pages of disappointed Mighty Mouse users. But for half-price, I was willing to give it a try.
What I'd really like is a wired version of the Magic Trackpad...

You might try the Magic Mouse, my friend has one. I think it looks better, and works better than the mighty mouse, it only has very bad ergonomics (it's too flat).

I prefer traditional style mouses with 2 distinct buttons, because I play games:) . As for the 360 scroll, I don't use it neither side scrolling.

Logitech MX Performance is very comfy, great for a work/everyday mouse but not so much for gaming...

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #132 of 616
Quote:

You might try the Magic Mouse, my friend has one. I think it looks better, and works better than the mighty mouse, it only has very bad ergonomics (it's too flat).

I prefer traditional style mouses with 2 distinct buttons, because I play games:) . As for the 360 scroll, I don't use it neither side scrolling.

Logitech MX Performance is very comfy, great for a work/everyday mouse but not so much for gaming...

Unfortunately, so far, like for the Magic Trackpad, Apple has decided not to release a wired version of the Magic Mouse, so for Apple pointer solutions I'm stuck with the Mighty Mouse. Of course, apart from shallow aesthetic considerations, there's no stopping me using a non Apple mouse...

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #134 of 616
Has anyone noticed the absolutely appalling mouse curve on Mac OS X? This deeply upsets me.

This is the reason I don't use my Mac with OS X. I've tried all kinds of third party mouse applications but there always feels like there's some acceleration in the OS. After about an hour I reboot back into Windows.

Can't stand non-linear mouse curves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back