Motorcycle-Fi
Apr 10, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #46 of 500
My battery on my Yamaha V-Star 650cc Custom seems to be dead and having trouble finding replacement
frown.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #47 of 500
Happy to tell that the winter is loosing its grip an that the spring is on full steam ahead.
My motorcycle season started 3 weeks ago, but today we had the warmest day in 6 months. Lowest temperature I ran into was +1°C and the highest was a very comfortable +12°C.

Nice to be back on the roads!
biggrin.gif

10325637.jpg

97893388.jpg

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #48 of 500
I fit into the older class, as in cruising that is. Sold my last bike back in 83', a Yamaha 550 and forgot all about the fun until last April when I picked up a 2003 one owner Honda VTX 1800 from a nice guy going thru girlfriend problems. She demanded he get rid of his toys or else she was gone,,,,,,,,,hah, I met her and believe me he would have been better off letting her go and keeping his toys. Like they say, one mans loss is another mans gain so I rode away smiling and also feeling sad for the guy.

I'll post some pics asap. Since purchasing the bike I have added a few creature comforts you can't live without if putting any highway miles on, with the most crucial being storage space. First off was storage room for the lady on back such as a sissy bar and luggage rack. You have to keep her happy if you want those backrubs while cruising. If your gal doesn't do that for you start looking for another. Next up was OEM large saddle bags, a Kuryakan Ultra Tour sissy bar bag, and of course added the 12v plug for the GPS and cell phone charging.

All in all a very comfortable ride.

Bill, it looks like you are still collecting unique toys. How's things going in Cayman?

Take care all and ride safe.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #49 of 500
I have owned three motorcycles from 250cc to 750cc and the mone I had the most fun was with a Yamaha RD250 two stroke from 1975. I wish I still had a picture of mine, instead the best I can do is find one in the internet.
frown.gif

bikepics-953128-full.jpg

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #50 of 500
A real photo of my own Z750...

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #51 of 500
just picked up a lightly used Honda CX500C for free. Just had to pay for the liscence & title tranfer. needs very minor work & some good detailing as there is some rust & corrosion but the bike for the most part runs great. Minor issue is carberation, likely float level adjustment as it from time to time runs on one cylender after accelerating briskly but returns to normal quickly. No loss of power thoughat higher revs at full throttle. accelerates quite briskly for such a small engine. wish it had an overdrive though as at 60miles an hour it is turning 5500 RPM but this does make for decent roll on performance providing it isn't acting up but even when it does act up it is usually very brief then takes off like a gazelle. Acts up less when it has a full tank of gas.

May 8, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #52 of 500
Been doing some more work on the carberation & looks like I've got it nailed down now. I only retapered the jet needles by hand, cut down the intake snorkle to almost nothing & increased the main jet size through drilling to the equivolent of 180 compared to 115 stock. It runs just like I want to now with massive torque at any RPM over 3000 RPM. It pull well even down to 2000 but I don't want to hammer the bearings on it. I ran it up to 85 miles an hour & it was still accelerating very strongly but my spedometer only goes to 85 so I backed off. I'm sure it would do 100 or even more given the stregnth at 85MPH. In the lower gears it pulled very strong right up to 9000 RPM but redline is at 9650 so I figured that was enough of a test. Top speed at that RPM would be about 105-110MPH. This engine has a plastic mechanically driven fan & the last thing I want to do is grenade the fan & have to replace the radiator.

May 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #53 of 500
A few VFRs lined up. Taken on a trip last weekend.
Mine is the black one..

May 8, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #54 of 500

2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob

16" Road 6 ape hangers
Vance & Hines Short Shots Black
Doherty PowerPacc intake
ThunderMAX AutoTuner
Works Performance Black Tracker suspension
True Track frame improvement
forward controls
2" tank lift
fork bag stero
new seat, new rear turn signal and license plate set-up
lots of stuff blacked out

probably forgot a bit.

May 8, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #55 of 500
A few VFRs lined up. Taken on a trip last weekend.
Mine is the black one...

The VFR is quite heavy, right? (Well, my Z750 is 230 kg with oil, water and fuel, too.) How's the handling?

May 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #56 of 500

Quote:
The VFR is quite heavy, right? (Well, my Z750 is 230 kg with oil, water and fuel, too.) How's the handling?

Yeah, they are quite heavy - I believe around 240kg wet.
Being a sport tourer I find it to be handle quite nice. A bit heavy to handle at low speeds, but when into second speed and higher it is smooth and rock stable.

Not best performer on anything, but overall it score high.

May 8, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #57 of 500

My 1985 Harley FLHT Classic.

Trip to the Finger Lakes near Watkins Glen,hooked up with my then girlfriend from Manhattan,NYC. circa 1990.

Rode from Toronto and hit rain all the way from Rochester to Lake Skaneateles,poured the water out of my riding boots when I got into the room!

So many memories on this scooter,I still have it.

Andrews EV-3 cam,notched pistons,S&S carb and breather,Screamin' Eagle Coil,Supertrapp Mufflers,AC hi-flow fuel valve,I just love this ride!

Been a biker since 1975 and all that goes with it,I have lived.
The shadows of the past are written into my eyes.

May 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #58 of 500
My wife and I have been riding for our third season now; I have a 2009 Triumph Bonneville that I love, and she rides a 2006 Ninja 650. She also has a brilliantly restored 1982 Honda CB125 which is a total BLAST to ride!

May 8, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #59 of 500
I LOVE the Street Bob! I plan on taking one out for a test ride this summer. Went to HD Demo Day a few weeks back and had an awesome time. 

Quote:

2008 Harley-Davidson Dyna Street Bob

16" Road 6 ape hangers
Vance & Hines Short Shots Black
Doherty PowerPacc intake
ThunderMAX AutoTuner
Works Performance Black Tracker suspension
True Track frame improvement
forward controls
2" tank lift
fork bag stero
new seat, new rear turn signal and license plate set-up
lots of stuff blacked out

probably forgot a bit.

May 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #60 of 500
Been riding since around 1970, owning since 1978.  Did a lot of sport touring in the later 70s, early 80s, including two solo trips from Chicago to the Left Coast.  Current ride is a 2006 Suzuki DL 650 Vee Strom which fits my needs perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back