Motorcycle-Fi
Mar 7, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #31 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by jax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new BMW's chassis (since '94) is a world apart from the old BMW rocking-horse chassis. If you haven't been on one recently you should take a test-ride...

Actually Keith Code and California Superbike School has dropped their contract with Kawi this year and replenished their whole fleet with BMW S1000RR Super Sport Bikes, so when I take my Tier II class this year at Thunderbolt Raceway,
I will get a chance to ride one of the finest, highest tech, super fast, bikes around.

BMW really outdid themselves this time. This is super high tech, sensor operated, really fast BMW which BMW s not usually associated with. I can't wait. You can see the video here:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #32 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
drewfus420. How about hosting the pictures somewhere we can see them without joining the sohc4 forum?
Would like to see the CB750 Hooligan/Cafe Racer... Tempted to go something like that myself.

kmarthis,
I believe his bike is just a question mark. It must ride like a x-bike, though. good for the x games.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #33 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewfus420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the pix I put in the post not show up for you?
I will photoshop down the pix I have tomorrow so I can post them here.

Correct!
The pictures do not show up, and when I copy paste the

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #34 of 500
these are about 20 months old, but it is all I have hosted somewhere at this point, I will get more pix when I finish up my winter overhaul on it.

100_0846.jpg

100_0847.jpg

100_0848.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0851.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0853.jpg

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #35 of 500
^ Sweet! That is what I call a café racer..
smile.gif

A classical right-to-the-bone one that is.

I just pulled the Viffer out of the garage, where it has been sitting untouched since mid-October.
It fired up instantly, and I let it run hot before pulling back in.
Hopefully on the road within the month...

50814796.jpg

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #36 of 500
I spy a Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust on a naked bike.

NICE!

100_0846.jpg

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #38 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spy a Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust on a naked bike.

NICE!

100_0846.jpg

good eye...
I got that can for $25 when some noob looped out on his just finished custom CBR600 and dumped the bike off at the local Honda dealer not wanting it back. i HAVE DONE A LOT MORE SINCE THESE PIX, IF THE BIKE WAS IN ONE PIECE (oops) i would snap some new ones, if ya think the bike was naked then you should see it now
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #39 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by iansheadphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been riding since 1978 bike in the garage is a 1982 Honda CB1100rc have owned it for 14 years.

I had a '81 CB350T for one summer. It told me when to shift and was down right scary on the highway. That's when I bought the BMW R60/5 from a friend with 33K miles on it. Over the next 10 years, it was my only means of transportation and I proceeded to put 100,000 miles more on it. Then I got a Seca 650, then in '94 got my first liter bike (once I left the first wife) and then in 2009 got the ZX14.

As long as I had your attention, my father started me on a Rupp Roadster 4hp Tecumseh mini-bike (we lived next to an abandoned farm on Long Island, then moved up to a Honda SL-70, which was most exciting coming off a Rupp, then a Kawasaki KZ125, to a 250, then my CB350T was my first street legal bike.

Interesting to see the progression. Anyone else have there life's history of progression to what got them to where they are today?

One of the reasons that I ask, is because we already have a motorcycle thread going, and I thought progression might make this one different. But, of course, that has to be OK with the OP.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #40 of 500
I started riding at around 10 (1977) My first bike was a Honda Z50, then came a CT70 MiniTrail, then an ItalJet 50 (race prepped) followed by a 1979 Honda XR75. After that and a few 80-100cc enduro bikes I dropped the ungodly sum of $1200 worth of paperboy earnings on a fully race prepped CR80 from DG.
When I was in my 20's I had a Yamaha RD400, a CB 550, a Kawasaki H2 750 2 stroker, and a 1974 Honda CB 750. At 30 I bought a Triumph T120 Bonneville that I still have in storage awaiting some frame work I hope to do some day soon. My current ride, the Cafe'd CB you see above I have had almost 3 years and will probably never sell.

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #41 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a '81 CB350T for one summer. It told me when to shift and was down right scary on the highway. That's when I bought the BMW R60/5 from a friend with 33K miles on it. Over the next 10 years, it was my only means of transportation and I proceeded to put 100,000 miles more on it. Then I got a Seca 650, then in '94 got my first liter bike (once I left the first wife) and then in 2009 got the ZX14.

As long as I had your attention, my father started me on a Rupp Roadster 4hp Tecumseh mini-bike (we lived next to an abandoned farm on Long Island, then moved up to a Honda SL-70, which was most exciting coming off a Rupp, then a Kawasaki KZ125, to a 250, then my CB350T was my first street legal bike.

Interesting to see the progression. Anyone else have there life's history of progression to what got them to where they are today?

One of the reasons that I ask, is because we already have a motorcycle thread going, and I thought progression might make this one different. But, of course, that has to be OK with the OP.

A progression tangent is just fine by me. My first bike was an '82 Yamaha Vision which I bought brand new. In retrospect I wish I'd got a smaller bike to start out with (and now highly recommend that to any beginners). Starting with a bike too large can be very intimidating to a new rider - my wife was scared off by this too. After the Vision I had the idea of riding long distance and bought a, oh my god, am I really going to admit this...OK, don't rag on me for this...a Honda Pacific Coast. Appropriate as I rode it across the country from NYC (where I'm originally from) to Seattle, where I have lived since that fateful ride in '91. It was basically a giant scooter. Good for long distance unless you got in a cross-wind. I had a lot of fun on that cross-country (solo) trip. Came within a mm of my life a couple of times too. From there the need for speed brought me to a Kawasaki Ninja. Then I was seduced by the gorgeous fairing on an old '88 BMW R100RS. From there I got my first R1100GS, a '96. Riding that in the dirt was a kick and this gave me the urge for something more dirt-ready. Again, went too big and got a KTM 620RXce. Around the same time picked up a low-mile Suzuki SV650 (that was a very FUN bike to ride). Then came my current R1150GS in 2000 with some overlap of the other smaller bikes. In between I had fun riding others bikes too, but these are the ones I've owned. Not that many when I reflect on it. I've ridden a far bigger range than I've owned. The GS is my all-time favorite...fits me like a glove, which is why I've had one for so long.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #42 of 500
...and I have just started the 2010 season.
smily_headphones1.gif

Put down 120km this afternoon. On mostly wet roads, temperature of 3-5°C and plenty of snow around.

87144633.jpg

16870077.jpg

Mar 19, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #44 of 500
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewfus420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
good eye...
I got that can for $25 when some noob looped out on his just finished custom CBR600 and dumped the bike off at the local Honda dealer not wanting it back. i HAVE DONE A LOT MORE SINCE THESE PIX, IF THE BIKE WAS IN ONE PIECE (oops) i would snap some new ones, if ya think the bike was naked then you should see it now
wink.gif

Well don't keep us guessing now, do show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back