most *INSANE* computer mod EVER!
Jun 16, 2004 at 2:43 PM Post #16 of 47
It will be obscelete in 6 months.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 2:51 PM Post #17 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Exacly my though! What is the point in this?
confused.gif

Imagine if one of those guys came over here and looked at what we are doing. I am sure they are thinking What!!! Why the hell would you spend that much money one headphones? Are they just bored?
confused.gif

JV
tongue.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Imagine if one of those guys came over here and looked at what we are doing. I am sure they are thinking What!!! Why the hell would you spend that much money one headphones? Are they just bored?
confused.gif

JV
tongue.gif

Exactly. Though not heavily into case mods, I am very into computers. A few comments about obsolescence made me chuckle. When new parts come out, we replace just those parts. My computers don't upgrade so much as evolve.
biggrin.gif

My biggest current problem is that now that I have found this place, I'm going to be suffering an even emptier bank account.
eek.gif

A_Sr.

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:46 PM Post #20 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
Some people have too much time and money on their hands...
rolleyes.gif

mate, question for you
What do you think they say when they hear that you spent $900 on a pair of canalphones.......
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:51 PM Post #21 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
mate, question for you
What do you think they say when they hear that you spent $900 on a pair of canalphones.......
biggrin.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

ROTLMAO, oh man, that was a direct hit!
biggrin.gif
And Welly is down a bit by the bow, he's sinking, sinking, sunk!

Jun 16, 2004 at 3:55 PM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
The Borg have made it to earth, and assimilated our computers.

Resistance is Futile
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 47
Case modding and this hobby is different as the later doesn't have to be about DIY anything. You can just go read about headphones and buy some equipment and be done. It's a bit more random experimenting.
tongue.gif
In that sense case modding is more labor intensive.

Jun 16, 2004 at 4:19 PM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
ROTLMAO, oh man, that was a direct hit!
biggrin.gif
And Welly is down a bit by the bow, he's sinking, sinking, sunk!

I was waiting for this to turn up.
Anyway, nothig personal, just that everyone has different hobbies and we are all better of because of how different we are.
Like headphones, computers can be addictive too.
I mean think of all those geeks in Japan who sit near their computers using Liquid Nitrogen to cool down the processors in their machines.
now that is outright crazy.
The last time i checked some fellow was running his 3.4 GHz Prescott at 5.5 GHz.
Now I would love to see that.
The processor btw was showing a temperature of -25 degree celsius!!!!!

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:27 PM Post #26 of 47
I'm quite happy with my boring beige case. Maybe one day if I get ambitious I'll cut a couple extra fan holes in it and mod the existing fan holes for more airflow, but I like the unobtrusive and slim look of my mid-tower Antec case. Once I get some more airflow in there and a better PSU I'll be able to overclock again.

But I really see no point in modding my computer to the extremes that many go to. Computer parts go obsolete quite fast and by the time the mods get done it will be time to replace the whole thing anyway. Plus, for computers I feel it is far better to spend money only on the functional parts of the computer not the cosmetic ones. But to each their own.

Jun 16, 2004 at 5:29 PM Post #27 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunwar
The last time i checked some fellow was running his 3.4 GHz Prescott at 5.5 GHz.
Now I would love to see that.
The processor btw was showing a temperature of -25 degree celsius!!!!!

i saw that one, i remember it was a 2.5 P4, he built a huge tube tank just to cool it down, he clocked it all the way up to 5.5GHz and the temp was still below 0
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #29 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
And you realize something, it's already obsolete! That's what cured me of futzing with computer mods...

Ditto.

Jun 16, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #30 of 47
ProFingerSk8er:

the first 3 cases belong to Overclockers Aus members.
You should really check out the links I put there.
You will find several other fantastic entries.
Have you seen the Imperator destroyer mod yet.
That is one really cool mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back