Most epic internet scam revenge ever!!
Feb 15, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #16 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this more epic than the pedophile thread on that car forum a few weeks ago? If so, I might have to register
wink.gif

Missed that one, do you have a link, I will tell you after I read it.

Feb 15, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #18 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this more epic than the pedophile thread on that car forum a few weeks ago? If so, I might have to register
wink.gif

I read the pedophile ownage and I definitely think this is at least on par maybe more so because there are so many more people involved.

Feb 15, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #19 of 70
Did you guys see the one where the kid bought sneakers and never paid?
They did the same thing with posting his info, then went crazy. They ordered hundreds of dollars worth of pizzas in his name, got him fired from his job at Target, hacked his Myspace, enlisted him in the Navy, posted that he was selling a XBOX360 on craigslist and had sellers come to his house (several times until his mom called the cops), and the best was contacting INS saying he was dealing drugs to neighborhood kids to get him deported (he was Mexican IIRC).

Feb 15, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #21 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys see the one where the kid bought sneakers and never paid?
They did the same thing with posting his info, then went crazy. They ordered hundreds of dollars worth of pizzas in his name, got him fired from his job at Target, hacked his Myspace, enlisted him in the Navy, posted that he was selling a XBOX360 on craigslist and had sellers come to his house (several times until his mom called the cops), and the best was contacting INS saying he was dealing drugs to neighborhood kids to get him deported (he was Mexican IIRC).

That is just hilarious. I think it may even be good enough to made into a tv movie. "Karma's a B!#@h"

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #24 of 70
Judge not, lest ye be judged...

I pity the guy who misses a payment due to unforeseen circumstances only to find his life ruined a few days later. I haven't read the mentioned threads, but failing to pay for sneakers or a cell phone is hardly just cause to commit libel and fraud against someone. I'd argue that the persecutors have more bad karma coming their way than the original non-payers, even if they actually were scammers.

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:29 AM Post #25 of 70
Hmm... Perhaps if the out come of that other thread in the members lounge about the $230 amp sale and the not providing the tracking number etc ends up being that its a scam, head-fiers in the area could deal with it in similar ways...

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #26 of 70
Have not read the forum or the post, but How do you know he actually been scammed. What if the guy is just lying to get kicks out of it.

I just don't like stories that are one sided. Do you know any other information other then from the OP?

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #27 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have not read the forum or the post, but How do you know he actually been scammed. What if the guy is just lying to get kicks out of it.

I just don't like stories that are one sided. Do you know any other information other then from the OP?

There is a whole lot of people who have been scammed by this guy on other forums. Read the whole thread, there are some links and other victims who have posted from other sites. The guy even joins the forum and defends his action while admitting he ripped them off.

Feb 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #28 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judge not, lest ye be judged...

You're judging those who have judged him, and you haven't even bothered to read the thread...

Quote:

I pity the guy who misses a payment due to unforeseen circumstances only to find his life ruined a few days later. I haven't read the mentioned threads, but failing to pay for sneakers or a cell phone is hardly just cause to commit libel and fraud against someone. I'd argue that the persecutors have more bad karma coming their way than the original non-payers, even if they actually were scammers.

Reading the thread (even a little bit of it) would be helpful, don't you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasp3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Reading the thread (even a little bit of it) would be helpful, don't you think?

About the first 10 pages of the thread are pretty good, then the next 10 pages get filled with a lot of junk and you don't see any real progress, and then the last 17 pages (there were 37 pages when I read it) were pretty much useless.

The kid who did the scamming joined the thread for a while before being banned. He's a complete idiot and actually admitted that he scammed many people, supposedly because he had been scammed himself, but his posts really aren't very credible at all.

I was hoping that there would be a conclusion in terms of whether the OP would get his cell phone back, but the last word was that the scammer had given him a USPS tracking number and he was waiting on the package. In the meantime, someone else joined the thread from another forum saying that he too had been scammed by the same guy and had been given the exact same USPS tracking number from him. So it would appear that the OP is not getting his cell phone back.

They have the scammer's name, several phone numbers, his address, pics of his parent's house, pics of him, his myspace blog, his IP addresses, all sorts of usernames he's gone by at a couple of different forums to rip people off, etc. But he says that he doesn't live at that address, although clearly he did at one time. They are trying to get local law authorities to step in, and apparently have info that these same authorities are already onto this kid for other internet scams that he's done.

Many members of the forum are LEOs (law enforcement officers) and together have all sorts of connections and a determination to get this kid behind bars. I wish them well. Having been robbed twice in Florida this past year and now being about $10k out of pocket as a result, I think these kinds of scum bags belong in jail. I hope they build a solid case against him and don't rush it just to satisfy the 100,000 viewers of that now famous thread.

That thread has now spread to hundreds of other forums and all sorts of people are filling it up with useless posts, saying things like, "Just signed up from the Hybusa forums, and wanted to say that you guys rule!" So you have to fight through pages of nonsense to see if there are any real updates.

A couple of forum members have also notified various news media organizations, such as CNN, Fox, USA Today, and the like, trying to see if any of them will pick up the story in terms of cooperative internet justice.

I think it should be a sticky thread here and everywhere else on the internet, just to show potential scammers what could happen if they run into the wrong crowd!

The only thing that I didn't care for in the thread were a lot of racial overtones, and some outright racist remarks, that the moderators there did not delete. That will never be tolerated here if I have anything to say about it, I can assure you of that (and I'm quite confident that I speak on behalf of Jude and all of the other moderators here in that regard).

If you haven't guessed yet, the scammer happens to be a 20 year old black male. He tries to come across as a street-wise gangster type, but just doesn't pull it off in terms of believability. Instead, he comes across as being quite foolish. But this still doesn't give any of the members there the right to start stereotyping him, and worse.

Feb 15, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #29 of 70
In case you guys want to see how many websites that links to it, here's the post regarding it: SVTPerformance

That's 180 websites strong, but some of them are blank forums. Somebody needs a life <.<

If anybody thinks they're defending this guy, well check out the thread. I don't think there should be any credibility issues.

Feb 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #30 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're judging those who have judged him, and you haven't even bothered to read the thread... Reading the thread (even a little bit of it) would be helpful, don't you think?

Well, yeah, I agree... But I wasn't trying to judge anyone, including the thread posters, especially since I hadn't read the thread. I just meant that I wouldn't want someone's impatient nature to result in my public ruin (though I understand that this guy was a scammer).

Late last year, I was involved with an eBay seller who sold a bunch of items, accepted payment, then disappeared. My fellow buyers and I wound up filing police reports when we didn't receive communication. Combined, we were out thousands of dollars. A month and a half later, the seller began responding: he had been badly burned, and while in the hospital, he had developed sepsis from a blood transfusion and had nearly died. In the mean time, he should have had a relative take care of his obligations, but he was young and frightened of dying, so he had forgotten. The end result: we all received refunds, and were thankful that we hadn't tried to publicly screw him over.

In other words, there were more mature, legal ways to handle this type of retribution than a public smear campaign, even if it seemed justified.

I remember reading about you having your equipment stolen, and given the circumstances, sheer magnitude of scale, and cost of thievery, that case might have justified a public outing, if you had discovered the culprit. But if your thief had stolen cell phones and sneakers... maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back