Most Embarassing CD in your collection
Jul 7, 2004 at 1:42 AM Post #61 of 120
linkin park is awful awful pop

Jul 7, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #62 of 120
Uh, probably my Blink 182 - Enema of the State CD... bought it before I realized how annoying their sophmoric songs had become...
tongue.gif

~KS

Jul 7, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #63 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by bong
anyway, one time my brother and i were auditioning some new equipment at a high-end A/V showroom in NYC and the salesman was kinda shocked at our preference of music... him with his Iron Maiden and Disturbed and me with my Ride and Joy Division.
biggrin.gif

Hehe I got kicked out of a hi-fi store once for taking in a Gang of Four cd. Apparently there was a real high-dollar customer present and he demanded that my music be turned off instantly. I didn't comply very easily so they basically banned me from the store
smily_headphones1.gif

Embarassing cd: Bright Eyes - Lifted (or: the singer's voice is crappy keep your ears far away)

Jul 7, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #64 of 120
Kenny G.

I have two of his albums and they are both unopened. I actually have no idea why and how I've obtained the albums. I know I didn't buy them myself since they are unopened. It's kinda disturbing that I have two unopened CD's I didn't know about.

Jul 7, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #65 of 120
OK here is my contribution to this ...

Human League, Don't you want Me on a 45 RPM. Gee - I wonder where that came from??? I use a Tonya Tucker album for setup (TNT) because I don't care for it. I probably have gotten rid of a lot of embarrassing music but NEVER did I own Wham or Air Supply
icon10.gif

Todd

Jul 7, 2004 at 4:16 AM Post #66 of 120
Quote:

ReD sKyE said...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I and III soundtracks......

Haha, I used to have the first two TMNT movie soundtracks on tape. Back in middle school, my friends and I actually memorized the lyrics to the first theme song and the Go Ninja song.
biggrin.gif

I refuse to be embarassed by any cd I own, but I guess the ones most people would pick out would be:
- Vitamin C : Vitamin C
- Beverly Hills 90210 : Soundtrack

Jul 7, 2004 at 9:10 AM Post #67 of 120
Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 soundtracks... yep.

Jul 7, 2004 at 11:38 AM Post #69 of 120
Okay first I have to stand up for the "best of the Bee Gees" and its HDCD too! Some great classics on this double cd... I'm errr listening to it now in fact.

So, after embarrasing myself what is my most embarrasing CD (Bee Gees aside). Cheech and Chong, no competition. One of my kids picked it up and I thought to myself "remind me to bury, burn or otherwise deface that CD". Trouble is I still laugh out loud listening to it.

Cheers,

TonyAAA

Jul 7, 2004 at 11:55 AM Post #70 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
OK here is my contribution to this ...

Human League, Don't you want Me on a 45 RPM. Gee - I wonder where that came from??? I probably have gotten rid of a lot of embarrassing music but NEVER did I own Wham or Air Supply
icon10.gif

Todd

heh... there is NO WAY The Human League is embarrassing! if you don't want your "Don't You Want Me" 45, i'll take it off your hands...
cool.gif

Wham or Air Supply... that's a different story.
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #71 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Hehe I got kicked out of a hi-fi store once for taking in a Gang of Four cd. Apparently there was a real high-dollar customer present and he demanded that my music be turned off instantly. I didn't comply very easily so they basically banned me from the store
smily_headphones1.gif

man... i'd be pissed!
mad.gif
you have every right to be in the store auditioning equipment than that "high-dollar" assh*le. hope you blasted "At Home He's a Tourist" before leaving. they could ban me for life in that store, cos i wouldn't go back...

Jul 7, 2004 at 12:47 PM Post #72 of 120
I've got you guys beat without a doubt. You think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtracks are bad?

I owned the TMNT album called Coming Out of Their Shells!

As a kid this was one of my favorite tapes to listen to and I listened to it all the time.

If anyone wants to experience the greatness of the ninja turtles singing some bodacious tunes here is a gnarly link for you!

http://www.mikeystmnt.com/media/sounds/

This site has the entire Coming Out of Their Shells album as well as the first movie soundtrack and assorted other albums inlcuding the Coming Out of Their Shells live!

Enjoy!
eek.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #73 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
If you're embarassed to own those, I'll take them off your hands.
biggrin.gif

~KS

But I like those... Especially super mario. *sings mario theme out loud*. It's so fun!!!

Jul 8, 2004 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 120
Is no one ashamed of their Weird Al collection? "Dare to be Stupid" anyone?

Oh, is it just me? *runs away*

Jul 8, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #75 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Is no one ashamed of their Weird Al collection? "Dare to be Stupid" anyone?

Oh, is it just me? *runs away*

I LOVE Weird Al! I don't understand how anyone could be embarassed or ashamed just by owning any of his albums (well, perhaps his latest one which is just kinda reaching and it's also so horribly recorded it made it onto the Loudnessrace.net "vicitims list", even when I heard it for the first time through the craptacular stock sound setup in our van I could tell it was horribly overcompressed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back