Most Embarassing CD in your collection
Jul 4, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #46 of 120
Country Songs for Children - Tom T. Hall

I really don't know where this is from, it must be my girlfriends. Neither of us have children, or listen to many country songs.

Jul 5, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #47 of 120
I got one that tops them all...

The Simpsons Sing the Blues
biggrin.gif

Yeah yeah, it came out when I was like 11 or 12 and I liked it... so shoot me...

Jul 5, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #48 of 120
This one I have makes all others masterpieces in comparison.

Hanson: Snowed In.

This CD features a three-piece band made up of boys that look like girls playing some Christmas medleys and awful songs written about various Christmas characters such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Clause.

Jul 5, 2004 at 6:14 AM Post #49 of 120
Jul 5, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #51 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by remilard
Country Songs for Children - Tom T. Hall

I really don't know where this is from, it must be my girlfriends. Neither of us have children, or listen to many country songs.

i have a friend who's father loves Tom T. Hall. everytime "I Like Beer" comes on in the house we make fun of him till the sun don't shine.
biggrin.gif
i think the sone is hilarious, and really fun to sing along to... "makes me a jolly good fellow..."

Jul 5, 2004 at 6:40 AM Post #52 of 120
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I and III soundtracks......

Man did I love those movies.......

And I have the Russian version of Tatu's cd, and I like it, thank you very much.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #53 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReD sKyE
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I and III soundtracks......

Man did I love those movies.......

And I have the Russian version of Tatu's cd, and I like it, thank you very much.
biggrin.gif

LOL okay, you win... Is one of those the one with Vanilla Ice on it? "Go ninja go ninja go..."
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2004 at 1:44 AM Post #55 of 120
My boss got a Fabio cd for Christmas once. Whenever she would come into work she'd tell us not to make fun of poor Fabio, and then she would double-over laughing, so I'm guessing he wasn't the best singer in the world.

Jul 6, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #56 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
LOL okay, you win... Is one of those the one with Vanilla Ice on it? "Go ninja go ninja go..."
biggrin.gif

Wow I remember tos emovies. A friend and I kept teaseing our other friend that we would stand up in the theatre and dance when that song came on. It was a rough night, we were the only people in the theatre over the age of 10 that weren't parents.

As far as albums go, I have an old Falco LP with "Rock Me Amadaus" on it.
eek.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #59 of 120
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
The only thing I think people might find embarassing is the Titanic soundtrack. Of course, seemingly half of all audiophiles are embarassed by any form of heavy metal
rolleyes.gif

heh.. cos audiophiles are supposed to listen only to classical and jazz...
rolleyes.gif
just kidding...

there's no shame in heavy metal.

anyway, one time my brother and i were auditioning some new equipment at a high-end A/V showroom in NYC and the salesman was kinda shocked at our preference of music... him with his Iron Maiden and Disturbed and me with my Ride and Joy Division.
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #60 of 120
First, I'm offended. I happen to like ABBA, Linkin Park, and some others mentioned here... shameful music indeed
tongue.gif

As for embarassing music in my collection, a couple pop CDs I got rid of, and one I'm still deciding on, P.O.D. I dunno. Fundamental Elements of Southtown isn't bad, if you like an odd blend of hard rock and rap, but Satellite, and especially Payable on Death, just sound so mainstream and watered down, it's not even funny. It's still not bad for just mindless listening.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back