Most commonly used amp/dac around $40-70?
Apr 20, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #16 of 21
E07k has an internal battery which can be nice of you need portability. At that price, your close to the schiit fulla as well.

+1
Go for something portable if you are even considering wanting a portable rig. Having said that, the fulla will probably kick the schiit out of something at the equivalent price that includes a battery.

Apr 20, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #17 of 21
I bought nx1 in the end. Nice for the price. Especially battery life is amazing. Unfortunately I can't use it with my laptop or pc. My phone+topping sounds great but apparently soundcards on my pc and laptop suck.  I'ts just amplifying bad signal so I guess my next move is getting an affordable desktop amp + dac.

Apr 20, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 21

I thought about it, but it turned out that e11k is twice the price for me. Fiio likes to rip off europeans.

FiiO has a local distributor even in my small home country of Hungary. I bought an E10K there for 21k HUF (75 USD). From Amazon UK, with shipping fee, it would have been around 30k HUF, almost 1.5x the price. Are you sure you'd been looking around at the right places?

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #19 of 21

FiiO has a local distributor even in my small home country of Hungary. I bought an E10K there for 21k HUF (75 USD). From Amazon UK, with shipping fee, it would have been around 30k HUF, almost 1.5x the price. Are you sure you'd been looking around at the right places?

I made a mistake in currency conversion. I didn't realize that euro had gotten so much weaker compared to dollar. It's allmost the same now. 75usd used to be 50euros or something. So naturally I thought if I have to pay same number in euros I'm being ripped off.

Apr 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #20 of 21

I made a mistake in currency conversion. I didn't realize that euro had gotten so much weaker compared to dollar. It's allmost the same now. 75usd used to be 50euros or something. So naturally I thought if I have to pay same number in euros I'm being ripped off.

Yeah, that's not the case now :frowning2:

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 21
  Love my new Topping NX1(paid $26 new). There is a new Little Dot M+ for $66 (Amazon) that I am going to try. I'm sure it will be great like all the others.

Did you get the Little Dot Micro + ?   If so how did it compare to the NX1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back