Most Comfortable Headphones?
Aug 10, 2009 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

mlkedave

New Head-Fier
I need a pair of headphones that I can listen to all day.

What is the most comfortable pair of headphones you have worn?

Please take into account not just the padding and fit, but also how they hold up after hours of use. Do they heat up your ears after hours of listening? That kind of stuff.

Thanks,
Mike

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 64
You'll never get anyone to agree on a question like this, but Denons are extraordinarily comfortable as are the beyers. I have scarcely heard a word against them in terms of comfort.

To be honest, I think you would be better off trying to avoid uncomfortable pairs of phones rather than finding the most comfortable. To that end, avoid grados and the K701.

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 64
Beyerdynamic DT880's are pretty much my favorite headphones in terms of comfort and sound quality.

I've had all day listening sessions and never felt the need to take them off due to discomfort or heat issues, unlike my RS-2's, which sound great, but require comfort breaks every once in a while.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 64
The DT250s are the comfiest I've had, AD900s aren't as comfy (as I have a small head). Both are super comfy for long session - whole day, though I can see your ears might get hot in DT250s if the weather is hot and you don't have aircon.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #6 of 64
Beyer DT770/880/990 with the soft textured velour covers and soft foam padding that molds to your skin. Add in the sturdy metal frame and they're built like a tank, er, like if Rolls Royce built a tank. That you wore on your head

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer DT770/880/990 with the soft textured velour covers and soft foam padding that molds to your skin. Add in the sturdy metal frame and they're built like a tank, er, like if Rolls Royce built a tank. That you wore on your head

That was classic.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by aristos_achaion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even with the headband bumps?

I've put on the K701 for hours and didn't even feel the bumps. I think those who complained about the discomfort of K701 have either a huge, squarey or long head that causes the elastic self-adjusting headband to put too much pressure on the top of the scalp. Plus, having a nice, thick layer of hair helps "dampening" the discomfort. lol

Other than that, I would say my MS1000 is by far the lightest and most comfortable headphone I've tried. So light, that I sometimes forgot I had them on. I tried the GS1000 too, but the leather headband weighs more than the wooden drivers combined; one reason why I love the pleather headband of lower end Grados.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #14 of 64
The Audiotechnica AD700s have been described page up and page down as being extremely comfortable "a can I'd wear all day", and I bought them as a work set for this exact reason.
smily_headphones1.gif

They are lower budget though (about $100 @ eBay), but are described as having sound qualities above their price class (I wouldn't know, haven't received them yet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back