Most Comfortable Headphones?
Feb 26, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #16 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
I think the most comfortable headphone I've ever tried on were the HD280's. The squeeze/seal was PERFECT for me.

proof that comfort is subjective...

i personally cannot stand either the hard pads or the clamp of the headband of the 280. my complaint however comes from long 8+ hours of wearing them, so shorter stints may be alright with them. the fit of my a700 is outstanding, though they do tend to get warm after long stretches (hours).

Feb 26, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #17 of 102
I haven't tried many 'phones, but I can't imagine anything more comfortable than HD590. The only thing that would make them more comfortable would be cooler pads, ie. if they were made of leather.

So maybe Sony R10s are slightly more comfy.

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:24 PM Post #19 of 102
HD-570s are extremely comfortable! I use mine hours a day on my computer and forget they're on. They're 5 years old now, and only had to replace the cable once (which was my fault). It's great how a lot of the parts simply snap off so that you can clean them, then put it all back together again and they look and feel the same as they did when they were new. Excellent 'phones.

Generally any of the Sennheiser HD-5xx range with soft ear pads are really comfortable. They have a warm, comfortable sound, too. Once you start listening, you will care about how they sound - simply because you didn't realise just how great good headphones can sound.

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #20 of 102
By far, the most comfortable headphone I ever had on would be the Philips HP910, hands down by far....having them on was better than...sex.

Feb 26, 2005 at 2:44 PM Post #21 of 102
K 501
They are so comfortable that I sometimes forget that I'm wearing them ...
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #22 of 102
No contest for me..........the unfortunately discontinued Sony MDR-CD1700. Plush, velour pads, just the right amount of pressure (basically none), lightweight, lush sound.....they have it all! (IMO of course.)
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 102
Imo Beyers (only tried 531 =) have the best comfort, also them beyer-like Quarts. I still prefer 580/6xx overall for their ability to hang on to original position. I think I can do bungee jumping and they'll still clamp to my head.

Feb 26, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by d00dz
By far, the most comfortable headphone I ever had on would be the Philips HP910, hands down by far....having them on was better than...sex.

eek.gif
eek.gif

then youre not doing it right (the sex that is)...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #30 of 102
Put a bit of an oddball in here, sony ex-71, I forget that they're in my ears after 5 minutes. Only reason why I have them although will order an upgrade over the weekend, e3c or er-6i; money is sorted now just the decision of which 1........(goning to be lots of reading tonight
confused.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back