Most Comfortable Headphones?
Feb 27, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #46 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs
Of all the headphones I own:

1. Triports (no they don't snap every 4h, in fact I've stepped on mine twice and there still fine, but yes they don't sound so good)
2. B&O A8's
3. Grado SR60
4. Sony MDR-V500DJ
5. Grado SR40
6.Apple in the ear
7. Sony EX71

You don't have much credibility here because your top two headphones are both widely-regarded here at Headfi as headphones that cost too damn much. Especially the TriPorts, however.

And I am not making what I said up. TriPorts are one of the most cheaply-made headphones I've ever used, of any price range. I had a pair of 1 dollar headphones from the drug store that I felt more comfortable and safe using.

Mar 1, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #47 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
You don't have much credibility here because your top two headphones are both widely-regarded here at Headfi as headphones that cost too damn much. Especially the TriPorts, however.

And I am not making what I said up. TriPorts are one of the most cheaply-made headphones I've ever used, of any price range. I had a pair of 1 dollar headphones from the drug store that I felt more comfortable and safe using.

thats quite an exaggeration, I thought the Triports were very comfortable and lightweight, and certainly I can think of other headphones with worse build quality. I dont consider lightness a bad thing..

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #49 of 102
All of the AKG headphones that I have tried, with the exception of the K1000, are very comfortable. The K240S, the K501, the K271S and the K340 are all very comfortable.
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #51 of 102
Of the headphones I've tried (in order of most comfortable to least comfortable):

HD650 - Very comfy. I keep resisting the urge to buy them
tongue.gif

HD580 - These are my favorite (of those I own). I've worn these for over 5 hours straight without any discomfort. I barely notice I have them on (except for the sweet sounds
biggrin.gif
)
HD280 - Once you losen up the vice-like clamping force, they aren't too bad. Gets a bit warm after a while.
MDR-V600 - About the same as the HD280.
MX-500 - Yeah, they're earbuds, but they aren't too bad. I can definitely wear them longer than the MS-2.
iPod Stock Buds - About the same as the MX-500, comfort-wise.
MS-2 (bowl pads) - Usually can't go for more than 1 hour (2 hours max) before the pain becomes too great. The pads really SUCK @SS comfort-wise
frown.gif
I've got HD414 pads on order... hope they make these more bearable, because I do like the sound.

Mar 1, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #52 of 102
My 12 y.o. Beyer Dynamics DT-801's are heavenly comfortable.

***Price is not a barrier in the opening post of this thread***

Sony Qualia 010 (freakishly ergonomically comfortable)

Self adjusting headbands:
Stax Omega II (leather as soft as Barbra Streisand's legs...like buttah!)
Sony R-10 (sleep with them every night, for the first hour)

Sennheiser Orpheus (not like the killer death grip of the 650's which remind me of my 1975 Koss Pro 4AA's)

...and the ER4P w/ foamies (sounds great, and feels "unfeely")

Mar 1, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #53 of 102
Quote:

I believe the original question had to do with opinions concerning the most comfortable headphones. Any response is going to be subjective, and Twigs reported his experience, which is what was requested. I don't think that warrants a reprimand.

BW

Mar 1, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #54 of 102
Admittedly, I haven't tried out a lot of headphones, but for about a year the Stax Omega II's have been best to my ears and head (for an hour or so). I did not have any problems with the Stax Lambda Pros either. As for circumaural 'phones I must say I like the Sony MDR-cd750's a lot, but I haven't tried a lot of this type either. I also use 'phones which clamp on your ears, in this case Sony MDR-Z400, and they are not too bad. Inner-ear 'phones are naturally the worst (Etymotic ER-4P and Sony NC-10) for comfort. As for common earphones, Sony MDR-E888's have been OK, as have other Sonys, Aiwas or Sennheisers. Maybe I have very regular ears!

Mar 1, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #57 of 102
Though I have only tried A500's, Senn hd212pro, Sony studio monitor ($30), Sony Streetstyle/streetstyle sport, Sony W.ear, cheapy panasonics, and Sony V6's I would say that the A500 is about a million times better than all of them.

A500
Senn hd212pro
Sony V6s
Normal, wireband, radioshack headphones
Grado sr 80s

Sony's cheap headphones are in a world of uncomfort all its on.
studio monitor
wear
streetstyle Worst EVER!

Mar 1, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #58 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
All of the AKG headphones that I have tried, with the exception of the K1000, are very comfortable. The K240S, the K501, the K271S and the K340 are all very comfortable.
wink.gif

My K271S are my most comfortable, followed by Bose QC2 and Senn HD650s.

HFI-700s are definitely not comfortable.

Mar 1, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #59 of 102
Quote:

I don't want to start an arguement, but I believe the question to this thread was what headphones are the most comfortable, not which headphones do u think sound the best or are the best (quality wise). As for feeling comfortable in headphones that cost a dollar I personally don't own any or heard of any and why u have them (1$ headphones) is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back