Most comfortable headphones that don't look ridiculous?
Sep 17, 2013 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jwong

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for something better for listening at work in a cubicle. Granted, I could probably wear whatever I wanted, but I'd rather not look like a cyberman at work.

I used to have AD700s, which were terrifically comfortable for home use (although I sold them because of the lack of bass), but I would never wear those at work. Currently I'm using the JVC S500. With updated pads they're reasonably comfortable for an hour or so, but uncomfortable after that. Plus I'd like higher quality (up to maybe $300).

I could use my Portapros which can be worn for hours, but like I said, I'm looking for something further up the food chain. Probably closed, although semi-open would probably work fine because I don't listen at really high volumes.

Suggestions?

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 4
B&W P5

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bowers-wilkins-p5-portable-headphoneheadset

Nice looking, not uber expensive, sound nice.

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 4
You didn't state open or closed. I would guess closed because of the work environment. 

For closed:

*MD
*Momentum
*Mdr-1r

For the best open hp that I've ever worn for comfort by leaps and bounds:

Sony mdr-ma900

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 4
I did state closed or semi-open, but it's not a big deal. I have looked at those Sonys, but the cups look pretty massive, which is what I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I was just reading up on the KEF M500s, and those look like a possibility too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back