Most bass under/around *$150*
May 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

slapshot30

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, just wondering what earphones you would recommend for the most bass around $100 $150. I already have the Brainwavz M2 but they don't quite have enough so I am deciding to upgrade. Any that you could recommend that are bassier than the M2? I've heard the Turbines are quite bassy, should I stretch my budget to get those? Thanks.

Possible best options at the moment...
- JVC FX500
- Radius DDM
- Atrio M5

Any comparisons on most bass/best sound quality with those?

May 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 24
Even though I don't like them, almost all of V-Moda's IEM's are very bass heavy, at least to my ears.

May 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 24
You should have more options if you can stretch your budget to $150. Denon AH-C710 has quite a crazy bass (very impactful imho).
Below $100 maybe Klipsch S4? ECCI PR401 is also not bad (although the bass not as 'big' as S4, overall is more balanced).

May 7, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 24

Quote:
Even though I don't like them, almost all of V-Moda's IEM's are very bass heavy, at least to my ears.

I've heard that too, but I've also heard the build quality of all of those is terrible. I've read so many reviews on those breaking or not working within the first month.

Quote:
Just wanted to say I like your avatar.

Dido lol

Quote:
You should have more options if you can stretch your budget to $150. Denon AH-C710 has quite a crazy bass (very impactful imho).
Below $100 maybe Klipsch S4? ECCI PR401 is also not bad (although the bass not as 'big' as S4, overall is more balanced).

Alrighty, I'll stretch it to $150 (Damn you head-fi
tongue.gif
). Would those Denon's be the bassiest around that price point? How much more bass than the S4? I found the Denon's sub $100 at some sites which is good.

May 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 24
DDM is a fine choice, but for really deep end bass, get the new Atrio M5 (MG7 driver). Buy.com is having a sale right now for $140.

May 7, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #9 of 24

Quote:
Eterna and Hippo VB comes into mind, both under $100.

I almost bought the Hippo VB around the time when I got my M2's. I'm not sure they have the big bass I want though, and since I'm stretching my budget, I might as well go to the limit
tongue.gif

Quote:
Radius DDM

Quote:
DDM is a fine choice, but for really deep end bass, get the new Atrio M5 (MG7 driver). Buy.com is having a sale right now for $140.

Thankyou both. Majin, would you say they have the most bass out of anything you've heard at the price point? ClieOS, well you're pretty much the IEM king so I know I can trust anything you recommend
biggrin.gif
. Would you say the Atrio also has 'bigger' bass (sorry I don't know a better way to explain it) than the DDM, or just a much deeper bass?

May 7, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 24
I agree with ClieOS about the Atrio's

May 7, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #11 of 24
Cannot believe no one has recommended the MTPC or MTPG. In fact I think someone is selling a pair of MTPGs right now on the forums. For $100 factory refurbed and MSRPed at $400 they are top value. 

May 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #12 of 24
You can also get the Munitio's. Only if you want horrible sound in all other categories though. :wink:

May 7, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #13 of 24

Quote:
Cannot believe no one has recommended the MTPC or MTPG. In fact I think someone is selling a pair of MTPGs right now on the forums. For $100 factory refurbed and MSRPed at $400 they are top value. 

I have the MTPG, but i don't think that they're what he's looking for. Its not bass-heavy, it just has a really wide range. Even ne-6's have 'heavier bass'. With that said, I love the MTPG and would definitely recommend them if you can find them in your budget. Just beware of fakes.

May 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #14 of 24
Hippo VB is not a big-bass IEM. If you want big bass from Hippo, get the Boom. I don't really understand why people even recommend the Hippo VB for bassheads.  These are not bass monsters.

Fischer Eternas are bassy, smooth and bassy not impactful bassy, but are very muddy. You can do far better, like say the VModa Vibes actually. I have the first gen Vibes (not the 2nd one) they are still alive after 3 years. The trick is to get the ones with rubber cables, they last longer. The cloth cable version breaks easily. The Vibes sound like the Eternas but have better soundstage and clarity, but suffer in isolation. Also less bass quantity though, Eternas have loads of bass.

Golds aren't that bass heavy, they are more mids-centric than bass heavy. But they do have great bass.
JVC FX500 has more bass than the Golds and is probably more what he is looking for. And is right around the correct price range. I would recommend these for you, slapshot.

*** EDIT

oh and by the way you mentioned the Turbines? You can get Turbines for $50 at the Monster Online Store (refurb).  And yes these are probably what you are looking for as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back