More Bass than My current Sennheisers please??? Recommendations?
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Rjp20

New Head-Fier
Hello all! Ive been a long time lurker of this forum and decided to finally join...

What im looking for a headphone with more bass. I really like the amount of bass that the Beats by Dre have (i think thats the only thing i like... lol!) , but I REALLY enjoy the wide soundstage and clarity that my Sennheiser 555's have....

!Is there a headphone that fits that description, has the clarity of the 555's and the bass of the Beats thats for a reasonable price? Around $150 if not under???  What does Sennheiser have to offer that fits that description?

2) Is there any headphone in that pricepoint that fits those characteristics and is noisecanceling???

Thanks for you help!
~Rjp20

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 10
The Denon D1100 has been getting solid reviews from bass heads, and sits right on your $150 budget mark.  For a little less cash, you could look into the Audio Technica ATH-50, which might not have quite the same bass lean as the Denons, but is arguably superior in most other regards.  For a budget contender, I'd consider the Sony MDR-XB700.  I think this can is a lot of fun, and, while not as detailed as the other two sets, can provide a very satisfying bass line.  They're around $75-80, and have some of the most absurdly comfortable pads in the industry. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Have you done the foam mod on your HD-555s? I found that that increased the bass quite a lot. 

Yes i have done the foam mod.. It did help!

I like the 555's but the problem is because they leak so much sound i can only listen to them at home. So i wanted something i could travel with that has more bass... Thanks for the suggestions!

Dec 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 10
The M50. Not noise canceling, but has good isolation, sounds way better than the beats. Not as much bass, but better bass. You are going to lose some soundstage with any closed phones in this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back