MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #93 of 207
So if I like the tuning of DSP Dusk default, would I not be able to use external DAC/Amp to get some extra sound quality of out it?
If you put the same EQ into it, you can. The settings are public.

Apr 8, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #94 of 207
So if I like the tuning of DSP Dusk default, would I not be able to use external DAC/Amp to get some extra sound quality of out it?
Just to clarify: the DSP cable is USB-C, so you can connect it to pretty much any digital source (Phone, PC, Mac, PlayStation, most DAPs…) but not to a DAC/Amp.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #95 of 207
So what I did wrong is that I downloaded the wrong files. All the files with "wavelet" at the end of the name work on the wavelet app (duh)
You download those text files, put them in a folder on your phone. Then you start the wavelet app, be sure to be connected to some kind of IEM or speaker or bluetooth audio device, enable legacy mode and then click the power on button. Then you select AutoEQ and then Import and then you can select the file you want to use.
@maegnificant Thanks... that worked perfectly.... I renamed them before putting them on my M15s DAP as the names were too long and made the display choices too busy... but they work great actually... no reason to have the special cable...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #96 of 207
I like the looks of the Dusk a lot and I'm a huge fan of the Moondrop May, so I'm curious to try the Dusk. I picked up a USB C extender so if I want to use analog or digital at my PC I have the option.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #98 of 207
If you put the same EQ into it, you can. The settings are public.
videoframe_437625.png

So do I just follow these settings using any EQ software? What are those Q values?

And are these the detailed EQ at different frequencies? Can you import them to any EQ software? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nST9NY9GY5GjwyvyDaVnI0qedH-BGNe8

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #100 of 207
videoframe_437625.png
So do I just follow these settings using any EQ software? What are those Q values?

And are these the detailed EQ at different frequencies? Can you import them to any EQ software? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nST9NY9GY5GjwyvyDaVnI0qedH-BGNe8
The Q values, afaik, are the shape of the curve you are applying. So how much of the frequencies surrounding the target frequency are affected by the EQ. I think you can just copy these files for programs like wavelet or equalizer apo.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #102 of 207
its a shame that there are so many folks talking about this right now and yet no one is trying to help folks and posting eq values for popular Apps out there... soundsource, neutron, qudelix etc.
If you want the correct result, you need to use PEQ where you can set the Q value and specific frequency. It won't work using a normal band EQ.
It's not that people don't want to help, but what you are asking for is not possible to do, unfortunately.

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #103 of 207
The Q values, afaik, are the shape of the curve you are applying. So how much of the frequencies surrounding the target frequency are affected by the EQ. I think you can just copy these files for programs like wavelet or equalizer apo.
Q is the width of the band. Lower number is wider. Higher number is narrower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back