MOONDROP X CRINACLE DUSK NOW AVAILABLE
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #47 of 207
Crinacle should just offer wavelet profiles for people to use, but I'll fix it lol. That dsp cable breaks compatibility with basically every amp, and the little amp in that cable probably isn't that good either.

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #48 of 207
Crinacle should just offer wavelet profiles for people to use, but I'll fix it lol. That dsp cable breaks compatibility with basically every amp, and the little amp in that cable probably isn't that good either.

Exactly. I'd rather just pay 30 bucks less than have a stupid cable that I'll never use, I honestly wouldn't even need the 3.5mm cable because it's going to be garbage and I'd use an aftermarket one.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #49 of 207
Exactly. I'd rather just pay 30 bucks less than have a stupid cable that I'll never use, I honestly wouldn't even need the 3.5mm cable because it's going to be garbage and I'd use an aftermarket one.

In reality, the USB cable added maybe $10 to the price of the Dusk, and it offers a great solution for anyone who wants to casually listen to them on the go, without the need to bring along a DAP or a dongle.

That's a win-win in my book. :nerd:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #50 of 207
Moondrop has to empty their stock, so they'll likely continue to do so. Maybe one day we will get a well done App by Moondrop. :joy: Resolve showed some problems in his livestream.

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:41 AM Post #51 of 207
In reality, the USB cable added maybe $10 to the price of the Dusk and it offers a great solution for anyone who wants to casually listen to them on the go, without the need to bring along a DAP or a dongle.

That's a win-win in my book. :nerd:
Yep. Also you get the intended tuning no matter where you use it. Makes it much more likely that I'll use it places (the Switch, if it works, my iPad with an adapter) that I might not otherwise, since it's not worth it or possible to set up EQ there.

That even goes with my PC/laptop too. Wouldn't use it with them enough to set up a Peace profile, but if I want to just plug a USB-C cable in and not bother with attaching a dongle then I'm golden.

There's a real use case for the cable and the stored EQ.

As Resolve and Listener suggest on stream, it may not even make sense to buy this if you're not gonna use the USB-C cable.

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:20 PM Post #52 of 207
Yes, again, probably the next darkened headphones from Moondrop. I don't expect any others from them. After their vaunted Moonsrop S8, I no longer want to mess with headphones from this company. They promised headphones with phenomenal detail and clear crystal sound, and I got headphones with high frequencies, which are rare even in headphones for $ 100-200. Strangled, without plumes and pleasant fades.

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #53 of 207
As Resolve and Listener suggest on stream, it may not even make sense to buy this if you're not gonna use the USB-C cable.
I generally don't have anything against the cable as some people will use it out of convenience I get it, but for someone to say, "Hey use this $10 dongle for a $350 iem to get the most out of them," has to be an April fools joke 😆

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #54 of 207
I generally don't have anything against the cable as some people will use it out of convenience I get it, but for someone to say, "Hey use this $10 dongle for a $350 iem to get the most out of them," has to be an April fools joke 😆
I mean, why?

You really think performance is gonna scale with a dedicated amp? It's insanely easy to drive, so I think that's basically nonsensical of you.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #55 of 207
Thanks, I watched Crinacles video. I no longer have FOMO. If my B2D breaks I'll replace it with the new Dusk.
The B2D is not the first IEM I’ve ever sold, but it is the first one I regret selling…

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #56 of 207
I mean, why?

You really think performance is gonna scale with a dedicated amp? It's insanely easy to drive, so I think that's basically nonsensical of you.
Well, it isn't as simple as "It's insanely easy to drive." Everyone has different ways of listening to their music. For example, I'm a basshead, and these will require a large shelf in the sub-bass to get it where I like it - larger than what crin thinks I need lmao.

For each db you add, you have to subtract the same in gain to prevent clipping. So while they may be easy to drive, if you add an 8dB low shelf, you are taking away 8db of volume headroom, and I doubt that the amp in there will do a sufficient job of delivering the volume headroom I need while providing enough power to control the excursion of 2x bass boosted 10mm drivers.

But hey, it comes with it, so I might as well play with it. I don't personally know how it performs. Maybe it will surprise me, maybe my suspicions will be correct. Either way, it's an accessory. I'm spending the money for the IEMs, not the cables, and I can tweak it to my preferences like I do with all of my stuff.

Also, app stability hasn't been very stellar according to the reports I've seen, and all I can think about is how Audeze killed their own cipher cable with an app update. I prefer to use a 3rd party solution like wavelet that has stood the test of time and offers advanced eq profile customization.

Create your custom profile in peace, use guipeace to export into wavelet format, import into wavelet, and you're done. Once you set it up, it's pretty much forgettable. Moondrop's eq is very restrictive compared to what wavelet is capable of.

Furthermore, I think most of the guys on here have a dongle of some sorts already that probably measures better than what's included. For example, I really like the Topping G5's Bluetooth feature. My phone is free of cables, and my battery drain remains normal. I put the g5 in a pocket, my phone in the other, and you get one of the least intrusive and convenient listening experiences while having a product that measures excellent, has plenty of power on tap, lasts 10hrs+ and doesn't risk the usb-c cable or the usb port on my phone from getting potentially mashed up.

In the end, it's just an accessory that has no bearing on my purchase because I don't need it, and I have better alternatives to what they offer, and there's nothing wrong with that. It was smart to bundle it, and I'm sure there will be people out there that won't need anything else. I mean, you have people that treat IEMs like jewelry nowadays, some collect them and have an IEM for every genre and occassion, and you have tinkerers like me who sees IEMs as a platform that I can tweak and experiment with to make them exactly how I like them, and those are all perfectly fine. To each their own!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:05 PM Post #60 of 207
Zeos also did a review!

Are we calling what he does reviews now? 🤪

200w (3).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back