Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #11,776 of 12,007
Thanks a lot for the recommendations 😊 Anyone knows if there are retailer's of Simgot inside Europe? Would love to try them, but the hassle and cost of importing them from the US or China does put me off quite a bit.
There are no official ones. But they are available on Amazon.de from Linsoul at a slight markup + shipping.

As for getting them from AliExpress, they charge tax when you purchase them if you live in the EU. So for smaller purchases like the EW200 it will be no more hassle than any other webshop. Other than the longer wait times there should be no problem until you hit the minimum threshold for import fees, which in my case would be €150 before taxes. After this point they won't charge the taxes anymore and you'd have to hope they slip through or pick up the bill when you get it.

Sep 22, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #11,777 of 12,007
There are no official ones. But they are available on Amazon.de from Linsoul at a slight markup + shipping.

As for getting them from AliExpress, they charge tax when you purchase them if you live in the EU. So for smaller purchases like the EW200 it will be no more hassle than any other webshop. Other than the longer wait times there should be no problem until you hit the minimum threshold for import fees, which in my case would be €150 before taxes. After this point they won't charge the taxes anymore and you'd have to hope they slip through or pick up the bill when you get it.
The Amazon link is perfect, thank you very much :)

Unfortunately, the custom rules are strict en Denmark, and the limit for "small purchases" is between 10-11 euro. And even though I would maybe only have to pay 2 euro in tax on something that cheap, there is a fixed fee for handling the custom process, which is 21-22 euro. So I end up having to pay a lot extra on small purchases outside EU, relative to their original cost :frowning2:

Sep 24, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #11,778 of 12,007
dont get me wrong, the B2 is still quite a lot cleaner and nicer then the Simgot, but at its price its not bad, Linsoul has a EU shop on amazon, it costs more (paid 129€ instead of 109$) but got them next day and no import duty.

Sep 24, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #11,779 of 12,007
I actually ended up ordering the Chu and the Dawn Pro, should be here Tuesday.
I'll use that to dip my toes into IEM's, and than try better ones later, if I get into them. 🙂

Sep 24, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #11,780 of 12,007
Moondrop Chu2 Update

3kl45j6h.jpg

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #11,781 of 12,007
I got the original Chu today, and have been listening for a few hours now. Phone with Tidal and the Dawn Pro.
I'm SO impressed with the sound, this 20$ IEM delivers :) I know most in here already knew this, but for someone new to IEM'S, that pretty crazy, and it makes me want explore more technically able IEM'S, ad I'm sure I will enjoy them a lot.
Infected Mushroom is currently converting Vegetarians in my ears, and it awesome 😎 I do think they have a tad much upper midrange for my taste, so some tracks come off a tiny bit harsh. But other than that, it's great for me 🤘

Oct 3, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #11,783 of 12,007
Can anyone recommend an IEM that is tuned similar to the Moondrop Variations and the Truthear Zero? Doesn't have to be a moondrop. Many thanks!
graph.png

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #11,784 of 12,007
Can anyone recommend an IEM that is tuned similar to the Moondrop Variations and the Truthear Zero? Doesn't have to be a moondrop. Many thanks!graph.png

You can check out the AKG N5005.

graph.png

It has 4 tuning options via nozzles, so it is quite versatile. Very technical, a bit sterile sounding, quite obvious BA timbre though. Sub-bass focused. Also quite hard to drive.

The AKG N5005 was selling near $1000 USD on release, which is way overpriced. Harman (the shop) and Ebay have it on sale routinely at $199 USD, and at that price it is worth while.

AKG N5005.jpeg

Graph of the AKG N5005 via IEC711 coupler. 8 kHz is a coupler artefact peak.

Oct 25, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #11,785 of 12,007
Thoughts on the Aria Snow, after owning a set for a few weeks.

Overall I'm liking them quite a bit, especially the technical upgrade over the Chu is great.
However, I feel they have a very strong emphasis on vocals/midrange and upper bass. Or maybe it's just a lack of treble? The issue for me is that sometimes vocals come off as a bit muffled or closed in, and I've been using a bit of EQ to open them up at the top end. The Chu is much more open here.
Looking at the measurements for the two, would you guys say that the slight elevation the Snow has between 1-2.5khz is the reason for this, or is it the peaks the Chu has at around 7khz and 11khz? A combination maybe?
I honestly thought something was off with my set, when I received them, because they sounded so different to the Chu's.

1000004402.png

Oct 25, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #11,788 of 12,007
Thoughts on the Aria Snow, after owning a set for a few weeks.

Overall I'm liking them quite a bit, especially the technical upgrade over the Chu is great.
However, I feel they have a very strong emphasis on vocals/midrange and upper bass. Or maybe it's just a lack of treble? The issue for me is that sometimes vocals come off as a bit muffled or closed in, and I've been using a bit of EQ to open them up at the top end. The Chu is much more open here.
Looking at the measurements for the two, would you guys say that the slight elevation the Snow has between 1-2.5khz is the reason for this, or is it the peaks the Chu has at around 7khz and 11khz? A combination maybe?
I honestly thought something was off with my set, when I received them, because they sounded so different to the Chu's.

1000004402.png
I never got along with the Aria. Now, the Kato, on the other hand, after burn-in ( for the Kato burn-in is real. I compared a well-used set vs. a new set through the burn-in process. Distortion and resultant harmonics, not fr, changed) and different tips like ePro Horns plus going balanced, well now you are talking about a stellar set. :)

Oct 26, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #11,789 of 12,007
I never got along with the Aria. Now, the Kato, on the other hand, after burn-in ( for the Kato burn-in is real. I compared a well-used set vs. a new set through the burn-in process. Distortion and resultant harmonics, not fr, changed) and different tips like ePro Horns plus going balanced, well now you are talking about a stellar set. :)
Interesting, what part of the Aria did you not like?
Edit: And do you think the Kato is an upgrade all around, or just en some specific area's?

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #11,790 of 12,007
Interesting, what part of the Aria did you not like?
Edit: And do you think the Kato is an upgrade all around, or just en some specific area's?
It has been awhile so I am going from memory of 2 years ago. I also, did not put much effort into finding the ideal set up for the Aria. So, please take that into consideration. The Aria was too splashy in the upper mids and lower treble. The bass had more distortion than I prefer. Male vocals were weak and female vocals were brash.

I consider the Kato a big upgrade from the Aria. But, it also took some time, going balanced, and tip rolling to get the Kato as good as it is, IMO. I don't know what the ceiling is for the Aria.

I hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back