Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 31, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #11,791 of 12,011
It has been awhile so I am going from memory of 2 years ago. I also, did not put much effort into finding the ideal set up for the Aria. So, please take that into consideration. The Aria was too splashy in the upper mids and lower treble. The bass had more distortion than I prefer. Male vocals were weak and female vocals were brash.

I consider the Kato a big upgrade from the Aria. But, it also took some time, going balanced, and tip rolling to get the Kato as good as it is, IMO. I don't know what the ceiling is for the Aria.

I hope that helps
Helps a lot, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback :)

Nov 14, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #11,792 of 12,011
Some photos of the new Aria 2 :
IMG_20231114_215239.jpg

IMG_20231114_215304.jpg

IMG_20231114_215348.jpg

IMG_20231114_215414.jpg

IMG_20231114_215452.jpg

IMG_20231114_215857.jpg

IMG_20231114_215921.jpg

Sure the box has 3 tips (S,M,L) but I use SpinFit CP145 with this IEM.

Nov 15, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #11,795 of 12,011
It has been awhile so I am going from memory of 2 years ago. I also, did not put much effort into finding the ideal set up for the Aria. So, please take that into consideration. The Aria was too splashy in the upper mids and lower treble. The bass had more distortion than I prefer. Male vocals were weak and female vocals were brash.

I consider the Kato a big upgrade from the Aria. But, it also took some time, going balanced, and tip rolling to get the Kato as good as it is, IMO. I don't know what the ceiling is for the Aria.

I hope that helps
How long did you burn them in? Can you elaborate on going balanced? I’d love to hear more about your experience.

Sorry, I’m super new to this and have these coming on Saturday.

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #11,799 of 12,011
Liking my Space Travels, enough that they replaced my wired iems for when I sometimes listen to music as I go to sleep. Got them in the dark flavour.
However, one issue I had was with the eartips, none of them worked for me and I had to pick something out of my random-iem-stuff-box to get it to work. Don't think my ears are particularly unusual though, as I never had this problem before - one of the stock eartip sets would usually do it for me just fine for other iems.

Also just ordered Chu II, I just had to do it given the Black Friday sale prices. :ksc75smile:

Nov 25, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #11,800 of 12,011
Liking my Space Travels, enough that they replaced my wired iems for when I sometimes listen to music as I go to sleep. Got them in the dark flavour.
However, one issue I had was with the eartips, none of them worked for me and I had to pick something out of my random-iem-stuff-box to get it to work. Don't think my ears are particularly unusual though, as I never had this problem before - one of the stock eartip sets would usually do it for me just fine for other iems.

Also just ordered Chu II, I just had to do it given the Black Friday sale prices. :ksc75smile:
The space travel is surprisingly decent for tws for $20. Mine arrived last week. I didn’t have high expectations for such a budget set, but was pleasantly surprised.

Nov 26, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #11,801 of 12,011
Here's a review of the Moondrop Aria 2: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-aria-2.26856/reviews#review-32270

Moondrop 5.jpeg

Pros:
Built like a tank
Decent ergonomics
Modular cable to increase source pairing options
Relatively easy to drive
Fast, textured and clean bass; good sub-bass extension
Transparent and clean midrange
Natural timbre
Solid technicalities for a single DD
Cons:
Dearth of eartip choices
Below average isolation
Borderline shouty upper midrange
Diminishing returns for existing owners of the Aria family, is a solid but sidegrade single DD in the big scheme of things

Graphs versus other Arias, 8 kHz is a coupler peak:
Moondrop Aria 2.jpg

Moondrop Aria Siblings.jpg

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #11,802 of 12,011
Here's a review of the Moondrop Aria 2: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/moondrop-aria-2.26856/reviews#review-32270

Moondrop 5.jpeg

Pros:
Built like a tank
Decent ergonomics
Modular cable to increase source pairing options
Relatively easy to drive
Fast, textured and clean bass; good sub-bass extension
Transparent and clean midrange
Natural timbre
Solid technicalities for a single DD
Cons:
Dearth of eartip choices
Below average isolation
Borderline shouty upper midrange
Diminishing returns for existing owners of the Aria family, is a solid but sidegrade single DD in the big scheme of things

Graphs versus other Arias, 8 kHz is a coupler peak:
Moondrop Aria 2.jpg
Moondrop Aria Siblings.jpg
I like the Aria Snow, but would like a bit more v-shape, and I looks like the Aria e might delivery exactly that.
Compared to the Snow, how are the technical capabilities of the Aria 2?

Nov 26, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #11,803 of 12,011
I like the Aria Snow, but would like a bit more v-shape, and I looks like the Aria e might delivery exactly that.
Compared to the Snow, how are the technical capabilities of the Aria 2?

Aria 2 is just a hair better in technicalities (micro-details, instrument separation, imaging and soundstage). Marginal upgrade IMHO.

Might be better to save up for a more substantial upgrade in MidFI territory?

Nov 26, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #11,804 of 12,011
Aria 2 is just a hair better in technicalities (micro-details, instrument separation, imaging and soundstage). Marginal upgrade IMHO.

Might be better to save up for a more substantial upgrade in MidFI territory?
Yeah, that might be the way to go. Any suggestions to the "Aria sound" but a bit more v-shape and better technical performance?

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #11,805 of 12,011
Yeah, that might be the way to go. Any suggestions to the "Aria sound" but a bit more v-shape and better technical performance?

Check out the Simgot EA1000. It is one of the most resolving $200 sets I've heard, has a passive radiator to add some sub-bass heft.
Has 3 tuning nozzles to change the sonics, but is a bit bright if you are treble sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back