Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #11,281 of 12,007
FVine6rUcAAbrHl.jpg

So Crinacle has measured both the Snow Edition Aria and the original, and it seems the former has less sub-bass.

They use different drivers purportedly, so some stuff like timbre, imaging, instrument separation, soundstage can't be fully gleaned from a standard FR, and will probably differ too.

Jun 19, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #11,282 of 12,007

So Crinacle has measured both the Snow Edition Aria and the original, and it seems the former has less sub-bass.

They use different drivers purportedly, so some stuff like timbre, imaging, instrument separation, soundstage can't be fully gleaned from a standard FR, and will probably differ too.

This is what I was hoping for to be honest. I liked the Chu, atleast on paper, but I'm not sure the driver was doing the bass justice (of what bass there was ofc).

There's some decent midbass/low mid lift there that if the driver can convey well, should produce a nice body. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #11,284 of 12,007
Maybe it's stupid but if aria 2021 sounds similar to Stan
rfield but cost less and aria snowdrop are turned like chu - what is a point for paying like 4 times more?
The Chu has very good midrange tuning, the bass tuning is a matter of taste (for me it is too lean).
But aside from the tuning it has a very smooth and soft presentation, which is inoffensive but clearly limiting the technicalities.
The frequency response is an indicator, but only part of how an IEM sounds.
Purely based on FR the Chu is excellent, but I really miss the detail and resolution of my other, more expensive IEMs therefore I very rarely use it, and usually only for comparisons.

Ideally someone with both the Chu and Aria should chime in to say more about the differences.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #11,285 of 12,007
Maybe it's stupid but if aria 2021 sounds similar to Stan
rfield but cost less and aria snowdrop are turned like chu - what is a point for paying like 4 times more?

The Chu has very good midrange tuning, the bass tuning is a matter of taste (for me it is too lean).
But aside from the tuning it has a very smooth and soft presentation, which is inoffensive but clearly limiting the technicalities.
The frequency response is an indicator, but only part of how an IEM sounds.
Purely based on FR the Chu is excellent, but I really miss the detail and resolution of my other, more expensive IEMs therefore I very rarely use it, and usually only for comparisons.

Ideally someone with both the Chu and Aria should chime in to say more about the differences.

Aria and CHU are not in the same league. The Aria has better tonality, timbral accuracy and technicalities.

Soundstage, imaging, micro-details and instrument separation are superior on the Aria (though Aria isn't a technical IEM compared to peers at the sub $100 region for single DDs). Tonally, the Aria is warmer and less shouty in the upper mids, with a thicker note weight. Vocal timbre is a bit nasal on the CHU.

But as per diminishing returns in this hobby, even though the Aria is around 4x more expensive, it is not 4x better than the CHU.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #11,288 of 12,007
@MOONDROP, Are there any plans of a product like FIIO BTR7 from Moondrop? I really want to buy BTR7 but if there is something coming from you guys I would wait for sure.
Not yet unfortunately.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/moondroplab/ https://x.com/MoondropLab https://www.instagram.com/moondroplab/ https://www.moondroplab.com https://discord.gg/qJrSWrT
Jun 20, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #11,289 of 12,007
@MOONDROP, Are there any plans of a product like FIIO BTR7 from Moondrop? I really want to buy BTR7 but if there is something coming from you guys I would wait for sure.

That would be a good question for the Qudelix people. Their 5k could use more power, 4.4mm pentaconn, and battery… but on the other hand, I wonder if there isn’t something big coming to Bluetooth this fall…

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #11,291 of 12,007
I want to ask while laying down with Moondrop Kato. Can it be slip out side of the ears ? I have a Sony N3 even with its lightweight it still can slip out while laying down on bed.

Wouldn't advise sleeping with the Kato. The shells are pretty large and heavy and may drop out of the ears when lying sideways. Possibly a eartip which has good grip may assist with it staying in the ears, but the weight of the shells themselves will probably cause it to drop out.

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #11,293 of 12,007
I wonder why Moondrop never offer any coupon or discount on their products, I'm only talking about Aliexpress, all the seller on Aliexpress who sell Moondrop products never offer any coupon or discount, I never saw any Moondrop products on sale during Aliexpress sale.

Jun 22, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #11,295 of 12,007
I wonder why Moondrop never offer any coupon or discount on their products, I'm only talking about Aliexpress, all the seller on Aliexpress who sell Moondrop products never offer any coupon or discount, I never saw any Moondrop products on sale during Aliexpress sale.
There's a sale on Moondrop's Ali store.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back