Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 27, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #11,178 of 12,009
May 28, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #11,181 of 12,009
Hi all, i would like to ask between Moondrop DD ( something like Kato ) vs Tanchjim Oxygen. Which one have less distortion and have more body to the sound/notes. Thank you.

Between the 2, the KATO has a fuller note weight. The Oxygen has a slightly thinner note weight, but has better technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, micro-details, clarity). Oxygen has slightly better timbre and more air and treble extension too, but it is substantially more expensive than the KATO.

May 28, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #11,182 of 12,009
Between the 2, the KATO has a fuller note weight. The Oxygen has a slightly thinner note weight, but has better technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, micro-details, clarity). Oxygen has slightly better timbre and more air and treble extension too, but it is substantially more expensive than the KATO.
Thank you. I got it.

May 30, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #11,184 of 12,009
Hi folks, I would like to share my experiences with cable (conductor material) rolling vs Moondrop S8. Changing the conductor has a big impact on the sound of this iem. I have been using them for over three years and they still play without any problems. My current DAP is SR25.

S8 with scc (single-core copper) - Somewhat woolly bass, neutral to bit brighter mids, treble with emphasis around 5kHz and some BA timbre.
S8 with spocc - Tighter bass, neutral mids, emphasis on mid and high treble. Treble has still some BA timbre and can be fatiguing. Stage is more holographic.
S8 with gpocc (golden) - Tight bass, neutral to bit warmer mids, which is elevated, even and bright treble, which is very smooth. Can't here much BA timbre here. Most holographic stage. My second favourite conductor with S8.
S8 with occ - Best sounding conductor. Warm and deep bass, neutral mids and treble with best timbre, the most lifelike sparkle of all. The best soundstage and imageing. Best balanced between fr. ranges.
I didn't try ofc cables much, but the sound is not as detailed. The bass is tight, mids a bit brighter and treble nicely united with good timbre.

Adding occ conductor as the best sounding one for S8. Questions are welcome.

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #11,188 of 12,009
I found it exactly opposite. Go figure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back