Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #10,291 of 11,982
They sound to me as if Moondrop was able to fit the HD600 inside of a small IEM shell, swap the rolled off bass for one of the cleanest and best executed bass responses I have ever heard

I was looking for good heaphones with better sub bass to replace my HD 600 but I decided to keep Senns ( I think I would regret selling it, I love them, despite the sub bass).
So I just decided to buy a good IEM because it's more portable and easier to drive, so It's good choice for traveling and for using with my PS5 controller.
I choose the Moondrop Variations, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but I couldn't be happier with your review because it sounds like it's exactly what I was looking for.
Have you tried equalizing them though?
I think that +2 or 3 dbs around 200-300 hz would give the male vocals the punch it's missing.
I can't wait to hear Radiohead's "Everything in it's right place" after hearing how great the sub bass is!

drop the conversational tone

I liked it! No need to drop it IMO.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #10,293 of 11,982
Hi guys! I have the Variations and like it for symphony and piano music but the tuning just doesn't suit my taste for other genres as I find it not smooth enough and having an emphasis in the lower larynx region (resolution too high I guess?). I especially like the the sub-bass response of it so I am looking for a smoother version of the Variations with similar sub-bass quality. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!.

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #10,294 of 11,982
Hi guys! I have the Variations and like it for symphony and piano music but the tuning just doesn't suit my taste for other genres as I find it not smooth enough and having an emphasis in the lower larynx region (resolution too high I guess?). I especially like the the sub-bass response of it so I am looking for a smoother version of the Variations with similar sub-bass quality. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!.
UM MEST MK2 maybe?

Oct 8, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #10,295 of 11,982
Pretty cable came :)
20211008_130221.jpg

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #10,300 of 11,982
The Kato is taking forever...why?

Oct 8, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #10,302 of 11,982
Thanks! Hope I can find a shop with the demo!

Listen at 10:25 where he demoed the Aria and MEST. My goodness that MEST sounds so clear. It makes the Aria sounds so veiled.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #10,304 of 11,982
I was looking for good heaphones with better sub bass to replace my HD 600 but I decided to keep Senns ( I think I would regret selling it, I love them, despite the sub bass).
So I just decided to buy a good IEM because it's more portable and easier to drive, so It's good choice for traveling and for using with my PS5 controller.
I choose the Moondrop Variations, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but I couldn't be happier with your review because it sounds like it's exactly what I was looking for.
Have you tried equalizing them though?
I think that +2 or 3 dbs around 200-300 hz would give the male vocals the punch it's missing.
I can't wait to hear Radiohead's "Everything in it's right place" after hearing how great the sub bass is!

I liked it! No need to drop it IMO.
decide to switch to my personal account for a reply, I would recommend try dekoni elite hybrid on 600s, much cleaner yet punchy sound,

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #10,305 of 11,982
PXL_20211009_061011376.PORTRAIT.jpg

Whizzer easytip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back