Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #10,202 of 11,979
I believe the filter is located underneath the metal screen. I think every IEM comes with filters applied from factory. Those unapplied are extra filters. Or am I wrong?
I assumed the stickers went on top but you could be right. Only other Moondrop I have is Variations and it doesn't have the screen, just the stick on filters.

Sep 30, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #10,204 of 11,979
I still get confused by the "filters". I got my Starfield in July 2020. It came with the little stickers on a sheet in the box.
You can see they're mesh filters.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #10,206 of 11,979
Don't know which tips you are using, but I found bliss using the Sedna Xelastic smalls on the Blessing 2.
I'm just using the standard stock tips, and finding them more comfortable now after the first few days. I may try tip rolling in the future, as they aren't as comfortable as say my AirPod Pros, but they're fine. I just have a tendency to push on IEMS when they're in my ears sometimes to make sure they're still in all the way and not sliding out, making sure seal is kept.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #10,207 of 11,979
I'm just using the standard stock tips, and finding them more comfortable now after the first few days. I may try tip rolling in the future, as they aren't as comfortable as say my AirPod Pros, but they're fine. I just have a tendency to push on IEMS when they're in my ears sometimes to make sure they're still in all the way and not sliding out, making sure seal is kept.
As to that last point, I hate doing that, and If I find myself doing that, I go straight to longer-shaped tips like Comply T-type foams.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #10,208 of 11,979
Have had a blast tip rolling on the variations, once you find the right tips and to a smaller extent cable the improvements are well worth the time.
On screens I took a good luck at the nozzle tube using a magnifier and noticed a small amount of dust or ear wax. I was able to clean it out but I now realize no matter how much I clean my ears dust and stuff still can get inside. Since I found my ideal eartips I decided to reinstall the filters.

Hopefully this will help and the variations will last for long time.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #10,210 of 11,979
You have the Starfield and the GD3A. How do you compare the GD3A with the Starfield in terms of detail and tonality?
I think they're equal in detail, but the Starfield are thinner, GD3A have more meat. Starfield are better in tonality, because GD3A have a bit of harshness in the highs. They're also different in signature, V shaped for GD3A, Harman for Starfield.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #10,211 of 11,979
Kato's measurements by @crinacle

Unfortunately, there's a noticiable unbalance on Bass with the steel nozzle. I wonder If this is actually audible.

Kato-Steel.jpg

Kato-Brass.jpg

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #10,212 of 11,979
I'm a bit bummed that both my pre-orders (Kato and Timeless) both are showing serious channel imbalance. Kinda takes the shine off of what otherwise seem to be two strong releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back