Aug 4, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #9,363 of 12,007
Sadly you will not find this info on a review,

- Black dust cover on the nozzle easily falls of,
you could just remove it, doesn't affect the sound,

- Crackling/buzzing noise in one of the unit,
it's a gamble, just pray to iem god hoping that yours is fine,

- Eartips often slips in and out of the nozzle,
just try every tips that you have, to find the perfect fit,
That dust cover!!! Need extra care when pulling off ear tips. The stock tips are OK, they have very stable nozzle, so it doesn’t interfere much when pulling off from the muzzle. But other third party ear tips..it sucks black dust covers at more likely than not chance.

about ear tips slips, use alcohol wipes to clean both nozzle and tips, then it will stay👍 It’s the human skin oils when swapping eartips adhered within that’s causing tips slipping off.

Aug 4, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #9,364 of 12,007
Yeah is this the DAMPER in the bore tube or the little grill stickers? IF the former.. contact Moondrop or the vendor, if the later... who cares?
It’s later, the little stickers.
I actually took those off since 3rd time falling off from Blessing2, it doesn’t affect sound, and I have air purifiers in every single rooms running 24/7, no dusts could every get in.

For variations, It fell off when swapping ear tips, but then I settled with stock ear tips as it handles the bass response to my ideal, I reattached the filter and settled with that since then.

Aug 5, 2021 at 12:17 AM Post #9,366 of 12,007
So far the Spinfit CP500, FA Instrument, Acoustune AET07a and AET08a tips have arrived- none of them sound better on my Aria (without adhesive rings) than the BGVP A07, except maybe the AET08a based on preference

CP500: Too muffled sounding (probably because of much longer and softer bore)
FA Instrument: Tight and dense sound, but not enough air
AET07a: Emphasis on wrong part of FR, resulting in recessed vocals and overly forward treble (low-mid?) Unexpectedly uncomfortable listen
AET08a: Quite natural sounding, warmer vocals with less spacious and "live" soundstage compared to the A07. On certain brighter cables with good staging (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...exp_id=b84279c3-16d1-44ab-a186-944a6994a20a-1) I actually prefer it over the A07

After doing some schoolwork I may try them out on my HE01 and other lesser/outdated IEMs. Will probably wait for the other tips and cables to arrive before going all out though, since I'm more interested in the Aria's performance as my current main IEM

*Oops forgot to mention the Tri SPC cable is my main pairing when using the BGVP A07 tips

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #9,368 of 12,007
You guys are way too talented in some way...

Attachments

• mmexport1628149172721.jpg
    mmexport1628149172721.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 0
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #9,369 of 12,007
I went through my eartips collection and found the AZLA SednaEarFit XELASTEC tips sounded the best on the Aria, it does something special with the treble that my other eartips dont

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #9,370 of 12,007
I went through my eartips collection and found the AZLA SednaEarFit XELASTEC tips sounded the best on the Aria, it does something special with the treble that my other eartips dont
I actually have the Xelastec tips too- they were among the first batch of tips I tried with the Aria. However, compared with the A07 tips they sound a little unnatural. Bass becomes more bloomy, the transition between the frequency ranges isn't as smooth and soundstage (along with imaging as a result) seems kind of warped and squashed in comparison. The only weakness of the A07 tips imo is that they can be a little bright depending on the cable, but I am known to be sensitive to brightness (didn't like the acclaimed Hifiman Sundara for this reason). @AmericanSpirit loves the Xelastec too and has the A07 tips arriving in a bit. Looking forward to a comparison :smile:

*Just checked, the Sundara only has slight treble distortion and peaking, but yeah I decided I didn't like it after half a minute of listening https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hifiman-sundara-review-headphone.22529/
**Older version of the Sundara, I read there's a new version released this year in 2021

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #9,371 of 12,007
I actually have the Xelastec tips too- they were among the first batch of tips I tried with the Aria. However, compared with the A07 tips they sound a little unnatural. Bass becomes more bloomy, the transition between the frequency ranges isn't as smooth and soundstage (along with imaging as a result) seems kind of warped and squashed in comparison. The only weakness of the A07 tips imo is that they can be a little bright depending on the cable, but I am known to be sensitive to brightness (didn't like the acclaimed Hifiman Sundara for this reason). @AmericanSpirit loves the Xelastec too and has the A07 tips arriving in a bit. Looking forward to a comparison :smile:

*Just checked, the Sundara only has slight treble distortion and peaking, but yeah I decided I didn't like it after half a minute of listening https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hifiman-sundara-review-headphone.22529/
**Older version of the Sundara, I read there's a new version released this year in 2021
Maybe S07 the large bore pink tip from BGVP can help you. They're comfortable and also have very linear presentation. They cost same as A07.

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #9,374 of 12,007
Maybe S07 the large bore pink tip from BGVP can help you. They're comfortable and also have very linear presentation. They cost same as A07.
Actually, on most cables and tracks the A07 tips work well- I feel like they unleash the full technical potential of the Aria and breathes air into its soundstage, similar to the higher end offerings featured in @tkddans sound demo comparison video with it

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #9,375 of 12,007
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/
According to this site it will skew the FR even more to the treble and probably make it lose its magic balance
Ahh, my bad, I got mixed up between the two tips. Although, the thing is S01 has a wide bore but the outlet is narrow, so it doesn't make IEMs all that bright. I'm using them on Heart Mirror, and doesn't boost treble that much. Although YMMV.
Actually, on most cables and tracks the A07 tips work well- I feel like they unleash the full technical potential of the Aria and breathes air into its soundstage, similar to the higher end offerings featured in @tkddans sound demo comparison video with it
That's because Aria has recessed mids due to Harman-ish tuning. A07 is vocal boosting tip and hence it synergises very well with Aria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back