Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 28, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #8,116 of 11,982
Does someone want to talk me out of buying it? It's currently in my Amazon cart along with some Spinfits.
You already got the Starfield, so its going to be quite redundant for you to get the Aria.

May 28, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #8,117 of 11,982
You already got the Starfield, so its going to be quite redundant for you to get the Aria.
Yep, I've heard that they are very similar IEMs. I probably shouldn't buy it.

May 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #8,118 of 11,982
Does someone want to talk me out of buying it? It's currently in my Amazon cart along with some Spinfits.
Looking at your IEM list, doesn't make sense unless you're trying to have a full Moondrop collection in your stable. Give yourself some variety and toss a Dunu model in there.

May 28, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #8,119 of 11,982

Looking at your IEM list, doesn't make sense unless you're trying to have a full Moondrop collection in your stable. Give yourself some variety and toss a Dunu model in there.
There are some similarities but some noticeable differences between the Aria and the Starfield. That said, a Penon FAN, Tancjim Hana, or Audiosense AQ0 would give you a DD IEM that would complement your Starfield and give you greater sonic variety. The Penon FAN is quite impressive but requires an amp to realize what is capable of doing.

The Starfield is more forgiving of poor or older recordings. If you are a classic rock fan then the Starfield covers up many limitations of older recordings. The Starfield is a fantastic "background" listening set. Truly wonderful for that use. At that price range, probably the best. The AQ0 is a v-shaped visceral bass monster. :) The FAN outclasses those two by a notable margin, but in different ways. The FAN is more refined than the AQ0 in the bass, but does not match the visceral brutality of the AQ0. In all other respects, the FAN is way, way beyond the AQ0. In comparison to the Starfield, the FAN has better texture across the frequency range, especially in the bass. The Starfield has wonderful mids that are matched but presented differently than the FAN. Where the Starfield's mids taper from instrument to instrument just shy of chording (very euphonically), the FAN is more discrete but never etched. The FAN has more "zing" and, to my ears, better treble extension than the Starfield. For classical music and/or better recorded music, the FAN really shows its superiority to the Starfield. A/B-ing violin and piano (ex: Ashes below) between the FAN and the Starfield will have you shelving the Starfield, pretty much. I do not have experience with the Hana, but if @tgx78 likes it, it has to be worth considering.

DUNU really does need to enter the "budget" DD market space.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #8,122 of 11,982
Took me a while to finish this article due to personal stuff, but finally I am out of the procrastination state.
Here is my Moondrop Aria 2 review: https://banbeu.com/moondrop-aria-2021-review-season-3/

Aria review #2.png

May 29, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #8,123 of 11,982
Are there any cables for the blessing 2s that protect the pins from bending?

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #8,124 of 11,982
@Chendu(Moondrop’s hometown) Expo 5/18.

some more pictures of Blessing-EST, variations. (Pic from Chinese baidu)

wow someone really got that SONY copy Orilious
B4741A10-FFEF-4B56-9815-0880F13BCE2F.jpeg
3874CC05-5088-4DEF-B5E5-0572F47E1FF2.jpeg

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #8,125 of 11,982
I've been going through all of my gear lately and after a bit I think if I had to choose one to keep, it would be the Aria. Aria + ER3SE if I were to choose two.

I could probably stop here and be satisfied, but that's not how this hobby goes. :p

Got me eyes on the Variations. :)

May 31, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #8,127 of 11,982
Hi guys, I recently got my first Moondrop IEM - Blessing 2: Dusk.

Sounds pretty good, but I’m struggling to get a good seal with the stock tips. What tips are y’all using? SpinFit CP155’s are working okay for now, but just checking if there’s a generally recommended tip that I should try. Thanks in advance :)

May 31, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #8,128 of 11,982
Recently I bought Aria and it reminds me of Crescent but with less bass and better vocals.
One thing that bothers me is this fabric shielded cable easily looks kinky (especially from the splitter to IEM), any cable replacement recommendation?
KBEar makes good cable with understandable price: you can select 2pin with 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm.
Aria runs great with balanced cable.

KBEAR Earphone Cable, Upgrade Cable Improves Sound, 24 Core Hybrid Braided 4N Copper and Silver Plated Copper IEM Cable, in- Ear Monitor Replacement Cable for Audiophile (2PIN3.5) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZHVZY9N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_61Z3SJ07MBZ49NAZC5BA

May 31, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #8,129 of 11,982
Hi guys, I recently got my first Moondrop IEM - Blessing 2: Dusk.

Sounds pretty good, but I’m struggling to get a good seal with the stock tips. What tips are y’all using? SpinFit CP155’s are working okay for now, but just checking if there’s a generally recommended tip that I should try. Thanks in advance :)
As CP155 is 5.5mm wide open bore, you may try CP360 as potential replacement

May 31, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #8,130 of 11,982
Hey guys! I'm a bit late to the party since it's been a crazy ride this past month because of the covid scene here but well, here is my review of the Moondrop Aria finally. Have a read and let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back