Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 19, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #7,396 of 11,982
If there are two types of filters, that might be another variable to change. Or ePro Horns. Or inverted tips. Or... Trying to change tips and cables can be a costly rabbit hole or a fun laboratory, depending on your perspective. As the Aria 2021is based off of the KXXS/Starfield, it will probably be difficult to make it sound bad. :wink:

And I still have not received my set. :frowning2:
I hope you will receive them soon, and in perfect condition. Interested to hear your take on them too! :smiley:

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #7,399 of 11,982
If there are two types of filters, that might be another variable to change. Or ePro Horns. Or inverted tips. Or... Trying to change tips and cables can be a costly rabbit hole or a fun laboratory, depending on your perspective. As the Aria 2021is based off of the KXXS/Starfield, it will probably be difficult to make it sound bad. :wink:

And I still have not received my set. :frowning2:
ordered mine yesterday from Canadian retailer with extra fee for rapid delivery. Arriving Wednesday! So 2 days shipping. No duties or taxes so was no. More expensive than going through Shenzhen or AE.

How does flipping tips change the sound? I tried it with a cheap old set of tips on my blon BL-01 and I think the bass seems a bit less and treble a bit more. Is that due to the wider opening?

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #7,400 of 11,982
ordered mine yesterday from Canadian retailer with extra fee for rapid delivery. Arriving Wednesday! So 2 days shipping. No duties or taxes so was no. More expensive than going through Shenzhen or AE.

How does flipping tips change the sound? I tried it with a cheap old set of tips on my blon BL-01 and I think the bass seems a bit less and treble a bit more. Is that due to the wider opening?
I don’t have my Aria yet. I cannot speak to tip flipping with it.

Here's the tip flipping thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-or-fliptips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

Apr 19, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #7,401 of 11,982
Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #7,404 of 11,982
My Blessing 2 are probobly going on the chopping block, too big for me and they keep falling off the cables, not sure if i should contact the shop first to see if they can solve the connector issue first.

Apr 20, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #7,405 of 11,982
My Blessing 2 are probobly going on the chopping block, too big for me and they keep falling off the cables, not sure if i should contact the shop first to see if they can solve the connector issue first.
I have smaller ear canals and had difficulties at first but finally got very good and comfortable fit with larger (M) size Spinfit CP145.
The cable issue sounds annoying though... Did you try different cables?

Apr 20, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #7,407 of 11,982
I was using balanced 0.78 cables and not sure what's going on, also the recession on the connection is making it annoying.
Which balanced cable do you use? Do you also have this problem with stock cable?

I have smaller ear canals and had difficulties at first but finally got very good and comfortable fit with larger (M) size Spinfit CP145.
The cable issue sounds annoying though... Did you try different cables?
I also like SpinFit the most.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #7,408 of 11,982
I think its the fiio cable. would have to check. also happened with a 6 core copper cable i got off amazon.

Its like the connectors became more recessed.

Also i tried spinfits, the isolation is terrible, im using alzas right now.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #7,409 of 11,982
Have the exact opposite issue with my cables. They're so tight in the connector, that I've resorted to just leaving the stock cable on permanently. I have never seen 2-pin connectors that are so tight. Worried I'm going to bed a pin or yank out the socket every time.

Apr 20, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #7,410 of 11,982
Have the exact opposite issue with my cables. They're so tight in the connector, that I've resorted to just leaving the stock cable on permanently. I have never seen 2-pin connectors that are so tight. Worried I'm going to bed a pin or yank out the socket every time.
Is the socket recessed on the Blessing 2? If that's the case, it's likely the housing of the connector that is embedded very tightly vs the actual pins. In which case, you're unlikely to bend or bed the pins removing the cable. Normally, with the connectors, it's easier to insert and remove them after the 2nd or 3rd time. I've found that the majority of my recessed 2-pin connectors tend to be very tight when new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back