Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #6,826 of 11,979
Grabbed B2 during recent sale. Closest I’ve found for a satisfying all rounder. Nice balanced sound, dynamic enough without any glaring weaknesses. Pins on stock cable didn’t insert fully on one side. Have a cable replacement on the way but I’ve been listening 4.4 until then. Is there a modicum of consensus, either way, if B2 benefits from 4.4? Thanks
If your dap come with 4.4, it will benefit from it anyway(mostly because dap manufacturers uses more hardware resources for their balanced out(E.T more channels from their chip, sometimes even different circuit like how they did with dsd decode))

Last edited:
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Dec 12, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #6,827 of 11,979
Earlier today, I pulled the trigger on the Starfield from Shenzen. Resistance was futile... :)

image.png

Dec 13, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #6,830 of 11,979
Love mine, try getting some spinfits for them too!

I will definitely try some Spinfits. Do the Starfield stock tips have different personalities like FiiO's and Dunu's have? I was thinking that final E tips might give a subtle bass boost. Final tips feel good on the ears, also. I can't stand foam tips. The irritate my ear canals.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #6,831 of 11,979
Have had the Illumination for over a week now and **** these are good. Seem like great all rounders, nothing in my library sounds bad with these, even hip hop plays nicely. I'm way too lazy to write proper review, but happy to answer questions.

XXXTREME CLOSEUP

IMG_20201205_125240367_HDR.jpg

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #6,832 of 11,979
Have had the Illumination for over a week now and **** these are good. Seem like great all rounders, nothing in my library sounds bad with these, even hip hop plays nicely. I'm way too lazy to write proper review, but happy to answer questions.

XXXTREME CLOSEUP

IMG_20201205_125240367_HDR.jpg

Thanks for the impressions.

Any midfi to TOTL single DD types u can compare it against?

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #6,833 of 11,979
Definitely can't wait for there next single DD, hopefully it will come out all gunz blazing like the nm2+ just have recently.
Already available in the Moondrop Illumination, unless you’re talking about a single DD IEM in the same price range as the NM2+.

Dec 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #6,834 of 11,979

XXXTREME CLOSEUP

Have them for over a month. First thing, they do burn in. Second, even more important, they ask for changing cable, a copper + a little add of silver does magic. Pairing with Shanling M8 connected through Satin Audio Theia 8x and balanced. Those definitely sound like a total dynamic drivers.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #6,835 of 11,979
Second, even more important, they ask for changing cable, a copper + a little add of silver does magic.
Wrong audience.:wink:

Dec 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #6,838 of 11,979
I don't think so :) Moondrop is known for adding crap cables to their earphones. This is no exception.
Or pure copper is not a good choice for them. Or both.
Nothing wrong with getting a nice ergonomic cable for your IEMs, IMO. I was joking b/c of who you specifically replied to.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #6,839 of 11,979
Thanks for the impressions.

Any midfi to TOTL single DD types u can compare it against?
Not currently, Starfield and MH755 probably don't count. D:

Have them for over a month. First thing, they do burn in. Second, even more important, they ask for changing cable, a copper + a little add of silver does magic. Pairing with Shanling M8 connected through Satin Audio Theia 8x and balanced. Those definitely sound like a total dynamic drivers.
Have not noticed any burn in myself. Not a cable believer, but you do you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back