Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #6,317 of 11,982
Does anybody know you best place to buy online for Moondrop blessing 2 that ships to Thailand The online store I usually buy my gear sold out after discounting Moondrop blessing 2 ><

Sep 20, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #6,318 of 11,982
I had the CP145 on my S8 (same nozzle width) for a while and it works ok. Though they are a bit too narrow and are almost covering up one of the bores. The CP155 was a significant improvement fit wise. Less suction effect, slides easier in. A bit deeper fit and better sound. If you buy new spinfits don't go for the cp145.

Sep 20, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #6,319 of 11,982
hi all :ksc75smile: excuse me for my english, since this is not my primary language.
So, this headgear things has been my hobby since maybe 15 years ago. I took a long break from this hobby for 4 years, and maybe I am ready to continue.
I am confused with my final 4 selections: fiio fh7, moondrop s8, thieaudio monarch or clairvoyance.
My last gear is sennheiser ie8, hd 650, phillips fidelio x1. This is my first time to ba or hybrid setup.
my current music is 70, 80 and 90s rock mainly queen, rem, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, garbage. Old pop like abba, blondies.
I also like good soundstage and imaging, since I use my gear for gaming (shooter mostly) and movie watching. That is why I choose the x1 and ie8.
Now, I am ready to upgrade and want more clarity and imaging. I dont want more bassy iem, maybe more neutral or warm? with good soundstage and imaging clarity.
I think the fh7 fits my need, but it got mixed review with the clarity? moondrop, I like the soundstage, clarity and precission, but many reviewers said its too neutral borderline boring sound?
with the monarch or clairvoyance, maybe I am leaning toward the clairvoyance? But i am afraid not getting the clarity from the monarch.
Since I live in china now, I can demo the fiio and moondrop in physical store maybe. But I dont know if I can try the twins.
I hope someone can help me?

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #6,320 of 11,982
I am confused with my final 4 selections: fiio fh7, moondrop s8, thieaudio monarch or clairvoyance.
In this thread people would vote for Moondrop, obviously.
In fiio's - for FH7.
And, for sure, the thieaudio owners would praise for their stuff...

Demo the S8, if it fits your needs - just go for it!

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #6,322 of 11,982
Yes, actually i will demo the s8 and fh7 next weekend on a physical store here in china.
good thing living here, easier access to chifi

have owned the S8 since release and listen to them regularly... if you want clean tight fast bass the S8 fits that. you want bass with heavy impact and body the S8 will disappoint.

treble and mids are wonderful to my ears on the S8 and they remain in my rotation because of that fact

Sep 20, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #6,323 of 11,982
have owned the S8 since release and listen to them regularly... if you want clean tight fast bass the S8 fits that. you want bass with heavy impact and body the S8 will disappoint.

treble and mids are wonderful to my ears on the S8 and they remain in my rotation because of that fact
I actually prefer neutral warm, cant stand bassy sound.
I need the clarity and soundstage, mainly for competitive gaming and movie too.

Sep 20, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #6,326 of 11,982
Tbh, gaming doesn't require that high of standard of imaging on an earphone. It doesn't impact a lot. I only use my SSR & it's been good enough. Imaging impact is mostly when you listen to songs only.

Sep 20, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #6,327 of 11,982
I will use it for music mainly of course, gaming and movie only for side use. I want more mature and detailed sounding, since I already got fun sound with the senn ie8.
Tbh, gaming doesn't require that high of standard of imaging on an earphone. It doesn't impact a lot. I only use my SSR & it's been good enough. Imaging impact is mostly when you listen to songs only.

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #6,328 of 11,982
I will use it for music mainly of course, gaming and movie only for side use. I want more mature and detailed sounding, since I already got fun sound with the senn ie8.
May i know how detail you want the iem to be?

Plus imo, s8 is more to neutral to bright instead of warm. For me, i'll personally recommend the Sony IER-M9 if you want superb imaging, good resolution/more detail & warmer sounding

S8's imaging & reso is pretty okay but they can't compete with M9 at all.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #6,329 of 11,982
I actually prefer neutral warm, cant stand bassy sound.
I need the clarity and soundstage, mainly for competitive gaming and movie too.

Like @yorosello your description makes me think of the Sony IER-M9
It perfectly matches the requirement of a "neutral warm IEM with excellent soundstage" (and layering and positioning in the soundstage)
It does have clean, deep reaching bass, but not bassy in the sense of bloated or boomy sound.

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #6,330 of 11,982
May i know how detail you want the iem to be?

Plus imo, s8 is more to neutral to bright instead of warm. For me, i'll personally recommend the Sony IER-M9 if you want superb imaging, good resolution/more detail & warmer sounding

S8's imaging & reso is pretty okay but they can't compete with M9 at all.
I want more neutral iem, since I already have warm signature iem. But What I really want is more detail and clarity, which I cant get from ie8 or philipx1. That is why I want to try either fh7 or s8 this weekend.
that ier m9 is way out of my budget. My budget initially around 500usd, which is perfect for fh7. However, I can stretch a bit for the s8, but thats it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back