Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #6,212 of 11,979
I have the S8 for a couple of month now and I'm very happy with it. Though fit wise it was not perfect for me. After a lof of forth and back I settled on using the spinfits cp145.
Actually their inner diameter is a bit too small. The silicon is pretty soft so it was possible to stretch them over the bore. Fit was ok like that. But never 100% happy.
So I decided to buy the spinfit cp155. They have the matching inner diameter for the bores. Actually they have an overall different shape to the cp145.
The cp155 slides way better into my ear canals. A deeper fit, although both are S sized. They are similar to the stock tips in shape, but with higher quality silicon.
Can really recommend them to s8 and b2 owners.

Try Spiral Dots and Acoustune AE07 tips if you can. I love my S8 with them. :)

Aug 28, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #6,213 of 11,979
I had the same issues with spiral dots. Deep fit but became uncomfortable after 30min. With foam tips I had not much success though. I tested the misfits and in airs.
If you like the Spiral Dots, try the ++ version. They are made from a different, very soft material that seems to adjust to the ear, like a memory foam pillow. For finding the right size I used the cheap, regular version, and then ordered the expensive SD++

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #6,214 of 11,979
New moondrop fan reporting in :beerchug:
IMG_20200827_114825_961.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #6,216 of 11,979
Omg, I said hello to the blessing2’s tonight. Obvious next question... Solace, S8’s are they close in build? Tone? I’m the 100,000 person to ask this. Anyone have verbiage talking through what I’m looking? Iem to Iem , cost agnostic.

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #6,218 of 11,979
Has anybody else had issues with the starfields right driver dying? After 30 or so minutes of listening it starts to get real quite.
Sounds like your right units filter is getting clogged. If you have a replacement filter you should try changing it. Otherwise moondrop does sell replacement filters (or even generic aliexpress filters should help).

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #6,219 of 11,979
Sounds like your right units filter is getting clogged. If you have a replacement filter you should try changing it. Otherwise moondrop does sell replacement filters (or even generic aliexpress filters should help).

Moondrop doesn't recommend 3rd party filters because they don't have the acoustic filter that is part of their tuning, though. It'll affect the FR kinda like your Blon mesh mod.

11216595.jpg

(the PS part)

Has anybody else had issues with the starfields right driver dying? After 30 or so minutes of listening it starts to get real quite.

That's the most common issue, aka moisture build-up clogging the filter and then one side getting quieter. The new batch comes with a new filter that has their new anti-clogging layer (pic posted above), which supposedly fixes this issue. You can buy the new filter on their store on aliexpress or shenzhenaudio.

Aug 31, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #6,220 of 11,979
Omg, I said hello to the blessing2’s tonight. Obvious next question... Solace, S8’s are they close in build? Tone? I’m the 100,000 person to ask this. Anyone have verbiage talking through what I’m looking? Iem to Iem , cost agnostic.
Bump

Aug 31, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #6,221 of 11,979
I used Spiral Dots on my B2. Easy to install, provided good isolation, but they slid deep into my ear canals, which became really uncomfortable after an hour or two and made my ears hurt. Now I'm using Moondrop's foam tips and it's much better. The fit isn't so deep, but isolation is good and comfort is miles ahead over any silicone tips.
Have a pic? Curious what this looks like. Thanks!! I’m using AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC (Size M) and they are unreal how good the seal and comfort is. I have larger canals and medium works well.

Aug 31, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #6,222 of 11,979
RVgrOmf.jpg

Very good iem, I like its tone more than I did with my U12t but sadly fitting of this thing just not for me. After 1 hour of listening it cause my outer ears very painful.

Aug 31, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #6,224 of 11,979
sadly fitting of this thing just not for me. After 1 hour of listening it cause my outer ears very painful.
I know what you mean. I'm having the same experience. But it was made better for me by switching to foam tips, which prevent the iem from slipping too deeply inside the ear canal.

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #6,225 of 11,979
Iems are such a risk. On many levels. Buying blind , unit variation , the right tips etc. I have heard so many people have had problems with the fit. Out of 30 odd iems I have the Blessing 2 fits the best out of all them. They are perfect for my ears and don't move an inch. Also very comfortable. This game we all play is an expensive and strange one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back