Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #5,971 of 11,979
What's a good bike to match with the Starfield? Have a budget of $50.

15B510F3-7D7A-4C63-88D8-F5348437EFD6.jpeg

Jul 18, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #5,973 of 11,979
I hope it doesn't make them sound muffled.
I just get them today's. bought them because they seem interested when i looking somewhere to buy acoustune AET08 ear tips for cheap (get them , AET08 and symbio W). They surprisingly comfy for silicone ear tips.
Tried them on KXXS, by far is the closest with the stock tips (and add little more warm ) . I also Tried MH755 stock tips, cp145,and Spirals dot they are more bright ( though in spiral dot case it quite good ). The other i tried is stock 1more silicone tips, it make the sound little unexcited (it not bad though). For comply T500 it just smooth every thing, no high no low ( just weird).

Jul 18, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #5,974 of 11,979
I'm looking for my first proper IEM. I'm a desktop headphone user and my primaries are Sennheiser HD800. I'm looking for a different sound signature.
I'm not looking to spend very much. How would you compare the Starfield to the SSR? SSr's price is very appealing to me.

Ty.

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #5,975 of 11,979
Do you think th
I'm looking for my first proper IEM. I'm a desktop headphone user and my primaries are Sennheiser HD800. I'm looking for a different sound signature.
I'm not looking to spend very much. How would you compare the Starfield to the SSR? SSr's price is very appealing to me.

Ty.
Since you like the HD800, the SSR may be ideal for you. The Starfield may sound a bit dark and bassy compared to what you’re used to, unless of course that’s what you want.

Edit:
1595091328705.png

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #5,976 of 11,979
Do you think th

Since you like the HD800, the SSR may be ideal for you. The Starfield may sound a bit dark and bassy compared to what you’re used to, unless of course that’s what you want.

That's what I want. I'm at a dark time in my life and I need that darkness.
The price difference though is significant. I read about a cable issue with the SSR? is that true, and are there any workarounds?

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #5,977 of 11,979
The price difference though is significant. I read about a cable issue with the SSR? is that true, and are there any workarounds?
Moondrop is fixing the cable issue, before they start sending them out again.

If you’re wanting a darker tuning, the Starfield would fit that, but there are other really good options that are less than $100. iBasso IT00, Tin HiFi T2 Plus, FiiO FD1, Shozy Form 1.1 are some other options to consider. Maybe even the new JadeAudio EA1, but it‘s unknown at this time.

Edit: When I use the term “dark”, it‘s relative. Only the Shozy Form 1.1 is actually warm/dark, except for an 8KHz peak. I’m discussing the IEMs in comparison to a very bright HD800.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #5,978 of 11,979
If you want a DARK sounding iem then Moondrop iems are not for you. I would say the Shozy form 1.1, Final Audio E3000 and the Ve Bonus IE are better suited for you BUT they are Warm sounding NOT DARK to me (except for the VE Bonus IE but I really dont like it so...).

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #5,979 of 11,979
Do you think th

Edit:
1595091328705.png
I don't think the Starfield could be called 'bassy'. If they had a little more bass I think they would be perfect. The Starfield does not have the bass that the graph suggests.

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #5,980 of 11,979
I don't think the Starfield could be called 'bassy'. If they had a little more bass I think they would be perfect. The Starfield does not have the bass that the graph suggests.
Not in and of itself, but compared to the HD800 it definitely is.

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #5,981 of 11,979
Not in and of itself, but compared to the HD800 it definitely is.

Yes probably very different. I really like the Starfield tuning, but the bass is not an 'impact' bass. The tuning has an 'analogue' quality and that is what makes it different to the usual ChiFi tuning. I think Moondrop were very clever with the Starfield tuning. It's totally 'inoffensive' in a good way.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #5,983 of 11,979
Moondrop is fixing the cable issue, before they start sending them out again.

If you’re wanting a darker tuning, the Starfield would fit that, but there are other really good options that are less than $100. iBasso IT00, Tin HiFi T2 Plus, FiiO FD1, Shozy Form 1.1 are some other options to consider. Maybe even the new JadeAudio EA1, but it‘s unknown at this time.

Edit: When I use the term “dark”, it‘s relative. Only the Shozy Form 1.1 is actually warm/dark, except for an 8KHz peak. I’m discussing the IEMs in comparison to a very bright HD800.

Thank you. You actually swayed me in a different direction.
Seems liek the iBasso IT00 are great value. How do they compare to the FD1 and Shozy Form? on paper, those 3 look appealing. I'm not looking for dark per se, just looking for something that isn't bright and fatiguing to listen to.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #5,984 of 11,979
Thank you. You actually swayed me in a different direction.
Seems liek the iBasso IT00 are great value. How do they compare to the FD1 and Shozy Form? on paper, those 3 look appealing. I'm not looking for dark per se, just looking for something that isn't bright and fatiguing to listen to.
I only have the Starfield and the iBasso it00. The iBasso it00 is fantastic. You would not be disappointed. It is really good and a step up from the Starfield. It's an IEM with heart.

Jul 18, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #5,985 of 11,979
@MOONDROP

This thing looks so good. Can you tell us a bit more. About the driver tuning and price ? Does it have a balanced connection ?
50mm dynamic, it does support balanced connection, but other information are still pending.

Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back