Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #5,551 of 11,980
B2 over L9/L3 too?
I'll have to get back to you as L3 and L9 are on loan to a friend to review. Out of memory, the Blessing 2 is noticeably brighter than both and I had to adjust to let my ears get used to them.

I am a basshead, I will let people know I'm a basshead. I love the rumble and I love the bass guitar. While the L3 and L9 both beat the B2 bass out in quantity, they don't come anywhere close to the quality and separation of the bass. The bass on the B2 is more textured, detailed and better on the attack. The bass on L3 and L9 do smear a little bit to the other frequencies (L9 much more so than the L3, which only slightly smears) whereas there is a clear separation between the bass and the other frequencies on the B2, I never have to search for the bass guitar when the recording gets busy, it's just always there and with the speed of the dynamic driver you get all that wonderful physicality out of thick textured bass notes that I don't really get with the other 3 (L3, L9 and Solaris). Again out of memory, I do think that the treble on the L9 is unrivaled to my taste with what I have so far and the mids are thick and syrupy but those are more of a preference rather than a dig at the B2. With mids, B2 has natural mids that leans toward the thicker side (on stage with the singer, 10ft back), the L3 has natural mids that lean towards the thinner side (row 1/2 in the audience), L9 has very intimate molasses thick mids (singer right in front of your face). I'll preface this by saying that I do prefer splashy treble (the tail-end of cymbals) more so than tingy treble (the attack on cymbals). L9 I would say has more of a splashy treble (more subdued attack but the cymbals shimmer brilliantly at the tail end) while the B2 has more ting (attack on cymbals) to it but does have splashy characteristics. I'm not too much of a fan of the L3s treble (feels rolled off and subdued) but I've heard a lot of people do like it and there are people who prefer a more darker sound which may mean that I'm a closet treble-head and just started to realize it.

In terms of sound-stage and imaging, the B2 is hands down the winner of both of them. L3 is quite wide but lacks depth and L9 is quite tall but lacks width. B2 I would say combines the depth and width of both and it's hard to discern whether or not the sound-stage itself has more width or height which leads to a more natural sense of imaging rather than feeling pulled out of it when you notice something is going way wider than depth or something is going way deeper than its width. If I had to recommend the 3 to people who are blind buying their first IEM. I would probably go L3 as my number 1 with the B2 afterwards. While I would say the L3 is probably the least favorite in my collection, it doesn't mean I dislike it. It has an extremely inoffensive sound that's agreeable to many new listener (warm signature, with slightly rolled off treble and a small bass bump), I believe that the slightly brighter sounds signature of the B2 can turn off a bit of people. But let's say you have listened to a lot of IEMs and are looking for something to compliment something you know is on the darker side or that you've demo'd or owned a bunch of IEM and actually do prefer the slight uptick in the upper frequency energy, then I believe that the B2 is something that should be in your collection. Honeymoon period aside, I do much prefer the B2s over my CFA offerings while I do acknowledge that they are very much a different IEM. CFA Solaris/Andros are much more on the laid back side and after a while, I couldn't find myself to feel engaged in the music with them, they have slight bass bump, thin airy mids, with hints of treble energy, though I would say that I felt that Solaris (OG) treble felt too veiled and artificial for my likings which is what made me ultimately sell them. I'll give a more concise review and comparison once I get my L3 and L9 back in my hands but these ramblings are just what I can really parse out of my mind at the very moment. L9s are at the bottom of my recommendations, not because they are bad but they definitely have a sound that can't be considered agreeable by everyone, they definitely fill a niche and those that prefer that niche will be greatly rewarded but I would not recommend anyone to buy it blind especially at its price point with B2 being significantly cheaper (over $200 cheaper).

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #5,552 of 11,980
Wonder if they will have limited runs though .. 🤔
They havent said anything about that so most likely no. The KXXX being on drop might be though, but no idea as I dont/cant use drop.

Jun 9, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #5,554 of 11,980
Whats difference between SSR and SSP? I thought it will be at least on B2 performance. Price is beauty, hope it will not be lowend sound..
SSR = reference, similar to Etymotic ER2SE
SSP = bass boosted, similar to Etymotic ER2XR

They most likely wont be on the same level as the B2.

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #5,555 of 11,980
I'll have to get back to you as L3 and L9 are on loan to a friend to review. Out of memory, the Blessing 2 is noticeably brighter than both and I had to adjust to let my ears get used to them.

I am a basshead, I will let people know I'm a basshead. I love the rumble and I love the bass guitar. While the L3 and L9 both beat the B2 bass out in quantity, they don't come anywhere close to the quality and separation of the bass. The bass on the B2 is more textured, detailed and better on the attack. The bass on L3 and L9 do smear a little bit to the other frequencies (L9 much more so than the L3, which only slightly smears) whereas there is a clear separation between the bass and the other frequencies on the B2, I never have to search for the bass guitar when the recording gets busy, it's just always there and with the speed of the dynamic driver you get all that wonderful physicality out of thick textured bass notes that I don't really get with the other 3 (L3, L9 and Solaris). Again out of memory, I do think that the treble on the L9 is unrivaled to my taste with what I have so far and the mids are thick and syrupy but those are more of a preference rather than a dig at the B2. With mids, B2 has natural mids that leans toward the thicker side (on stage with the singer, 10ft back), the L3 has natural mids that lean towards the thinner side (row 1/2 in the audience), L9 has very intimate molasses thick mids (singer right in front of your face). I'll preface this by saying that I do prefer splashy treble (the tail-end of cymbals) more so than tingy treble (the attack on cymbals). L9 I would say has more of a splashy treble (more subdued attack but the cymbals shimmer brilliantly at the tail end) while the B2 has more ting (attack on cymbals) to it but does have splashy characteristics. I'm not too much of a fan of the L3s treble (feels rolled off and subdued) but I've heard a lot of people do like it and there are people who prefer a more darker sound which may mean that I'm a closet treble-head and just started to realize it.

In terms of sound-stage and imaging, the B2 is hands down the winner of both of them. L3 is quite wide but lacks depth and L9 is quite tall but lacks width. B2 I would say combines the depth and width of both and it's hard to discern whether or not the sound-stage itself has more width or height which leads to a more natural sense of imaging rather than feeling pulled out of it when you notice something is going way wider than depth or something is going way deeper than its width. If I had to recommend the 3 to people who are blind buying their first IEM. I would probably go L3 as my number 1 with the B2 afterwards. While I would say the L3 is probably the least favorite in my collection, it doesn't mean I dislike it. It has an extremely inoffensive sound that's agreeable to many new listener (warm signature, with slightly rolled off treble and a small bass bump), I believe that the slightly brighter sounds signature of the B2 can turn off a bit of people. But let's say you have listened to a lot of IEMs and are looking for something to compliment something you know is on the darker side or that you've demo'd or owned a bunch of IEM and actually do prefer the slight uptick in the upper frequency energy, then I believe that the B2 is something that should be in your collection. Honeymoon period aside, I do much prefer the B2s over my CFA offerings while I do acknowledge that they are very much a different IEM. CFA Solaris/Andros are much more on the laid back side and after a while, I couldn't find myself to feel engaged in the music with them, they have slight bass bump, thin airy mids, with hints of treble energy, though I would say that I felt that Solaris (OG) treble felt too veiled and artificial for my likings which is what made me ultimately sell them. I'll give a more concise review and comparison once I get my L3 and L9 back in my hands but these ramblings are just what I can really parse out of my mind at the very moment. L9s are at the bottom of my recommendations, not because they are bad but they definitely have a sound that can't be considered agreeable by everyone, they definitely fill a niche and those that prefer that niche will be greatly rewarded but I would not recommend anyone to buy it blind especially at its price point with B2 being significantly cheaper (over $200 cheaper).
Let me say I love that kind of rumbling, in it's honesty and directness it is much more informative than many reviews.
Thanks! Great job!

Jun 9, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #5,556 of 11,980
SSR = reference, similar to Etymotic ER2SE
SSP = bass boosted, similar to Etymotic ER2XR

They most likely wont be on the same level as the B2.
Didn't consider ER2XR being a dynamic driver although diameter probably isn't large. It probably moves air better than the 3 or 4XR due to being dynamic. I don't even find 4XR enough air moved in the low-end. Single BA isn't cutting it. I won't even look at SR.

2XR could be interesting. I found 2SE pretty avg sounding, and wasn't interested.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #5,557 of 11,980

That was a wonderful read and comparison. Very very informative, I appreciate the writing. Thank you, my friend :L3000:

Jun 9, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #5,559 of 11,980
Any Blessing 2 owner ordered from shenzhenaudio ? I curious how long did it take for you guys to receive it w/ Free Shipping to the USA?

I don't see any option for Express Shipping
ordered mine March 29, received first week of april (it was about a week) to the US, via dhl express, free shipping at the time

Jun 9, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #5,560 of 11,980
Any Blessing 2 owner ordered from shenzhenaudio ? I curious how long did it take for you guys to receive it w/ Free Shipping to the USA?

I don't see any option for Express Shipping

Ordered my B2 on the 5th, and it's shipped but haven't received it yet. But, I did order the Moondrop S8 from them a couple weeks ago and it arrived in about 8 days without any forewarning. Ordered the Fearless S8Z from Linsoul the same day as the S8 and it just started the shipping process a couple days ago. In other words, Shenzhenaudio was very fast the first time so I'm optimistic. Actually, I was so impressed I made sure to buy my B2 from them. Fingers crossed that it wasn't a fluke.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #5,561 of 11,980
It seems the Moondrop SSR is gonna be $40 only. Sign me up! Release on 15th.

1591750766641.png

1591750783458.png

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #5,562 of 11,980
Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #5,563 of 11,980

The information you sent was useful. Thank you for taking the time to organize it. We appreciate the detail you give to us.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #5,564 of 11,980
Ordered my B2 on the 5th, and it's shipped but haven't received it yet. But, I did order the Moondrop S8 from them a couple weeks ago and it arrived in about 8 days without any forewarning. Ordered the Fearless S8Z from Linsoul the same day as the S8 and it just started the shipping process a couple days ago. In other words, Shenzhenaudio was very fast the first time so I'm optimistic. Actually, I was so impressed I made sure to buy my B2 from them. Fingers crossed that it wasn't a fluke.
Would you mind make a comparison between them when you have at hand?

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #5,565 of 11,980
Would you mind make a comparison between them when you have at hand?

I will certainly try to remember to do so. I have the S8 on hand (and in ear) right now, and they are incredible. In terms of sound quality, they are easily my favorite IEM. I would be quite surprised if that changes upon hearing the S8Z, as the S8 is very close to what I would consider my ideal sound signature and has shockingly good technical ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back