Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 28, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #2,746 of 12,007
I like my Kanas with SpinFit CP240 tips. Someone recommended them before also. It gives more emphasis to midrange surprisingly, and you don't need to make "spacers".

May 28, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #2,747 of 12,007
All this talk reminds me of how much Moondrop missed the mark with usability and ergonomics, on the Kanas Pro. If the mark on the stem is supposed to indicate where the tips are supposed to be pushed until, how about you make the mark/spacer raised enough to actually hold at least the STOCK tips in place?

The Kanas Pro has so much potential, but the usability and ergonomics really needed work. Hope Moondrop learns from this for their future releases.

May 28, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #2,748 of 12,007
All this talk reminds me of how much Moondrop missed the mark with usability and ergonomics, on the Kanas Pro. If the mark on the stem is supposed to indicate where the tips are supposed to be pushed until, how about you make the mark/spacer raised enough to actually hold at least the STOCK tips in place?

The Kanas Pro has so much potential, but the usability and ergonomics really needed work. Hope Moondrop learns from this for their future releases.
They already improved shell with KXXS - "upgrade" version of KPE. That issue can be solved with "slip-stop" rings below tip barrel, like discussed previously.
Personally I find KPE housing and ergonomics perfect for my ears. Different ear anatomy, different opinions.

May 28, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #2,749 of 12,007
Fair point, and you're right about different anatomies and different opinions. But the very fact that even the stock supplied ear tips do NOT stay in place and slide down that long stem during normal use is evidence of significant design oversight, isn't it? The 'slip-stop' rings are a clever solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, at least with IEMs that cost close to $200.

I still like my KPE sonically, but I have to admit I'm disappointed with the overall experience and personally wouldn't recommend them as a 'primary' set to someone.

May 28, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #2,750 of 12,007
Are they not to heavy i think i would like the kpe in acryl

May 28, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #2,751 of 12,007
The purpose of the “spacer” is not so much for fit, but rather to ensure the best bass by having overlap of the end of the tip and the end of the stem by preventing the tip from sliding all the way down the stem...

In fact the spacer may make getting a good fit and seal harder, since the big issue with the KPE is that it is a heavy IEM with a long stem so it represents a heavy weight at the end of the stem, creating leverage. If you push the tip down far you can get the IEM body to sit closer to your ear, but at some expense to sound quality.

That’s the theory, as I understand it, anyway.

I have tried the spacer /sleave suggestion and it has really helped with improving the bass. The KPE are now exactly where I want them to be with excellent clarity and really good bass. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,752 of 12,007
Fair point, and you're right about different anatomies and different opinions. But the very fact that even the stock supplied ear tips do NOT stay in place and slide down that long stem during normal use is evidence of significant design oversight, isn't it? The 'slip-stop' rings are a clever solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, at least with IEMs that cost close to $200.
Well, I rather have that little problem than short nozzle issue of Oxygen for even higher price tag! :wink:

May 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #2,753 of 12,007
short nozzles are an immense pain in the butt.

May 28, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #2,754 of 12,007
Moondrop KP is still my favorite IEM for fit and comfort. They just fade away when I put them on. Love the fit.

May 28, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #2,756 of 12,007
May 29, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #2,757 of 12,007
Moondrop KP is still my favorite IEM for fit and comfort. They just fade away when I put them on. Love the fit.
Are you using stock tips..? They slide out after a little while for me, unlike my KZ AS10(stock tips).

What would you recommend for a budget($0-300) IEM like the KP, without as much treble fatigue, and significantly more bass/fullness/body?

May 29, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #2,758 of 12,007
Are you using stock tips..? They slide out after a little while for me, unlike my KZ AS10(stock tips).

What would you recommend for a budget($0-300) IEM like the KP, without as much treble fatigue, and significantly more bass/fullness/body?

No, I use Final Audio tips with the Kanas Pro and have not had issues with tips being loose and falling out. I also occasionally use foam tips.

I currently am liking the BGVP DM7 as an alternative to the Moondrop KP. It's more mid-forward, much warmer, and richer in the bass and mids. The treble is equally smooth. Detail level is similar or slightly better. It's more intimate though, much more, than the Kanas Pro, which I find to have a wider soundstage.

I'm currently listening to the BGVP DMS, which is more v-shaped than the KP. It's also has bigger bass. Treble is a tad brighter but also more extended than the Kanas Pro. Mids are dipped a bit, and going back and forth between the two, you can tell quickly it's v-shaped.

I have yet to try it, but I've heard some good things about the Etymotics ER2XR, which is also a single DD.

May 29, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2,759 of 12,007
DM7 as an alternative to the Moondrop KP
Besides being so intimate, that DM7 sounds spicy :) I haven't got to hear any BGVP products yet, sadly!

Any thoughts/experience/comparison with/to E4000 or IT01/IT01s?

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #2,760 of 12,007
Oxygen on Drop now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back