Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 6, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #2,476 of 12,007
Do you know if they were aware of the imbalance and shell oxidation issues reports on KPE? If the KXXS fixed it with better mesh grill design and another type of coating it'd be interesting. I was one of the few who got this issue and it let me down a bit to buy another pair with those similarities.

there are 3 pair of mesh and a tweezer in the package as accessory.
They add another type of coating on the surface, but I guess it still need some time to see how it works.

They have mentioned all kind of complaints on these kind of issue, and took some measure, that’s for sure. But It’s hard to evaluate the results for us now.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #2,478 of 12,007
The Blessing is so obscure. I've been looking to pick one up second-hand but there's not much out there in terms of reviews and impressions. Mostly crin's review and a few other scattered impressions here and there.
i am wondering why the people that have other models except Kanas Pro (above the KP, A8 and Blessing) are not writing reviews on them here on head fi, they seem to like them very much, write a review, that will help others if they have a decision to make

May 7, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #2,479 of 12,007
I got an iPhone XS Max as a gift from my wife. Bought a dongle because they won’t ship it with the box. Installed Tidal. Started listening to my music with the Kanas Pro. Imbalance what? Turns out all they needed is clean power from the dac. I don’t think I’ll be going with LG products anytime soon, as I believe apple have improved their audio output a lot from the last time heard em (iPhone 7 plus) and they’re actually awesome compared to “kkkwad dac” from LG G7 One that I owned. Now, about that iSine 10 with Cipher... guess I won’t be saving much money this summer. :D
Are you saying your G7 has imbalance issues? MINE TOO! Im not that impressed with the quad dac anymore. Good for an android phone but, too clinical.

May 7, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #2,482 of 12,007
Look what I´ve found today, another confirmation that Moondrop knows how to tune their iems :)
Moondrop A8 measurement: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/59869626
But.. the price.. :frowning2: Personally I´m not willing to spend so much cash on portable solution. Interested to see HBB´s measurement of DM7, if its anywhere close to A8 tonally, gonna need to try it,

May 7, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,483 of 12,007
May 8, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #2,485 of 12,007
Are you saying your G7 has imbalance issues? MINE TOO! Im not that impressed with the quad dac anymore. Good for an android phone but, too clinical.
Yeah i got into a fight with this dude from my local community back in bangladesh, he challenged me to find a better DAC than the LG G7 under 300 i told him my X dongle sounds million times better... Arguing with the fella was like playing chess with a pigeon. I argue with logic and proof and he ends up taking a dump all over the chessboard.

May 8, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,486 of 12,007
When it comes to imbalance with KPE - be sure to try another cable as first thing as KPE is very reactive to loose connection or bad soldering at connectors (I`m guessing stock molded connectors might be source of issue for some).
I started having slight channel imbalance with LC being little quieter, so, I was pretty scared off. I checked my own soldered 2-pin connectors and I had damaged them somehow with both pins having only about half thin strands connected. Did resolder and everything back to normal :) Huh, I thought my fav IEM got "dying" signs.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #2,487 of 12,007
Yeah i got into a fight with this dude from my local community back in bangladesh, he challenged me to find a better DAC than the LG G7 under 300 i told him my X dongle sounds million times better... Arguing with the fella was like playing chess with a pigeon. I argue with logic and proof and he ends up taking a dump all over the chessboard.
To be honest I the LG DOES sound great compared to any other android phone but it's not really that good at all compared with real DAPs. I got the ES100 and it utterly blows away the G7 in sound stage and overall tonal balance. Surprised the hell out of me actually.

May 8, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #2,488 of 12,007
Would someone mind measuring the diameter of the tips on the A8? Curious if they’ve had to widen them beyond 5mm to accommodate all four tubes.
There are only 3 sound tubes. I do think they are right around 5mm but I dont have an easy way to measure.

May 9, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #2,489 of 12,007
I have both of those sets and I love both. Definitely try the tape (with pinhole) mod if the bass is too light for ya.
Ex800 have arrived but I must say I have mixed feelings about them. I've tried tip rolling and covering the vents but no matter what I do there's bad clarity in the midrange which i think is intruded by its spectacular bass performance. Kanas pro's midrange sounds more clean and clear and I think I prefer it's sound slightly more at this stage. However, I will probably keep these for the bass alone as it sounds absolutely phenomenal especially the subbass when taped! At first I was thinking the bad clarity is from my phone but that can run kanas and oxygen fine unless ex800 just needs that extra power?

Btw can you compare your ex800 to your a8 please?

May 9, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #2,490 of 12,007
Ex800 have arrived but I must say I have mixed feelings about them. I've tried tip rolling and covering the vents but no matter what I do there's bad clarity in the midrange which i think is intruded by its spectacular bass performance. Kanas pro's midrange sounds more clean and clear and I think I prefer it's sound slightly more at this stage. However, I will probably keep these for the bass alone as it sounds absolutely phenomenal especially the subbass when taped! At first I was thinking the bad clarity is from my phone but that can run kanas and oxygen fine unless ex800 just needs that extra power?

Btw can you compare your ex800 to your a8 please?

Sorry, I can't remember your stance on this :) but give them at least a good 50 hours first before judgment - They've just woken up the poor things :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back