Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #1,561 of 12,007
What is the diameter of the Kansas Pro nozzle, I like the stock but wanted to try different tips. The Spinfit CP-100's and 100z's are too small, they have a 4mm diameter. Thanks.
Nozzle edge outer diameter is 5.1mm.
If You use medium size, then recommend to try also Auvio S-size, Spinfit CP145 or Spiral Dot MS (with rubber rings).

Btw, congrats for liking Your KPE :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,562 of 12,007
Nozzle edge outer diameter is 5.1mm.
If You use medium size, then recommend to try also Auvio S-size, Spinfit CP145 or Spiral Dot MS (with rubber rings).

Btw, congrats for liking Your KPE :wink:

So when can we see pics of your wooden KP? :wink:

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #1,563 of 12,007
So when can we see pics of your wooden KP? :wink:
Not yet. I`m using thin brass sheets + mahogany layered backplate + walnut or teak framing this time and it takes time to make it beside all the other stuff I`m doing :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,564 of 12,007
Not yet. I`m using thin brass sheets + mahogany layered backplate + walnut or teak framing this time and it takes time to make it beside all the other stuff I`m doing :wink:

Why is it already in your sig as a done deed then?

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #1,565 of 12,007
Why is it already in your sig as a done deed then?
Lol, not as done deed but as motivation and certain plan :wink: Will finish it for sure. Already did some tests with wood to check CNC CAD drawings accuracy.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #1,567 of 12,007
Lol, not as done deed but as motivation and certain plan :wink: Will finish it for sure. Already did some tests with wood to check CNC CAD drawings accuracy.

Yes as done deed when no deed is done yet, not too funny really, waste of time and energy on my part asking to see something that doesn't exist when it's clearly presented as existing... :/ I cant see "work in progress" or "planing stage" after "Moondrop Kanas Pro (modified/wood backplates)" in your sig...

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #1,568 of 12,007
Yes as done deed when no deed is done yet, not too funny really, waste of time and energy on my part asking to see something that doesn't exist when it's clearly presented as existing... :/ I cant see "work in progress" or "planing stage" after "Moondrop Kanas Pro (modified/wood backplates)" in your sig...
Geesh. Lately ppl in h-fi are acting weird. Who the f''' cares what I write in my signature? Is there rule that I have to write and fit all the necessary remarks in my signature? You don`t belive me I`m actually making it? I don`t need to prove anything. But I surely will post pics when I finish it :wink:
Have a nice day!

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #1,569 of 12,007
While you're in the planning stages of this could you try to see if it would be possible to make multiple pairs for your fellow KPE head-fiers, with compensation of course.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #1,570 of 12,007
Geesh. Lately ppl in h-fi are acting weird. Who the f''' cares what I write in my signature? Is there rule that I have to write and fit all the necessary remarks in my signature? You don`t belive me I`m actually making it? I don`t need to prove anything. But I surely will post pics when I finish it :wink:
Have a nice day!

Come on dude, what if if I had Tanjchim Oxygen listed in my sig and after you see it when you ask me how they compare to KP I answer that, lol, I don't have them and just list them as a motivation to buy them. What would you think or say then? If you'd tell me that perhaps I should wait to have them before putting them in my sig or also write "thinking of buying" before them so you wouldn't waste your time asking, I'd answer you that people are acting weird and that I have nothing to prove and will buy them eventually... *** get a grip...

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #1,571 of 12,007
I've been eyeing the Moondrops that are within my $200 budget range (Kanas Pro, Aria, Crescent), looking to pick up a neutral IEM with realistic, natural timbre and presentation. This means not just 'flat' frequency response on a graph, but natural timbre, tone, body and weight to instruments. I work in music production and I'm coming from extremely neutral, calibrated headphones and studio monitors present the sound of instruments exactly as they are in the recording.

Which of the Moondrop IEMs within the $200 mark will give me that in IEM form? Isolation is also pretty important, because I'll probably use these as live performance IEMs as well. Technical aspects like separation and imaging are always important, but neutrality still comes first.

It looks like Moondrop is trying to do exactly this (partly by choosing to follow the Harman target vs diffuse-field), and they all seem to offer great performance for the price, as well.

Nothing wrong pick up the cheapest first. Then you can ask how other models compared when you already have one.

Mar 15, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,572 of 12,007
Nothing wrong pick up the cheapest first. Then you can ask how other models compared when you already have one.

wise move.. +1 for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back