Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #10,801 of 11,982
Another recommendation for the Moondrop Spring Tips from me. I initially got them for the Moondrop Starfield, but thought about trying them on Blessing 2 as well. They needed a bit of fiddling, but managed to get it on there since the stem can stretch more than I expected and the Blessing 2 nozzle doesn't have a lip.

I'd been having a hard time finding comfortable tips with the Blessing 2, but these really hit the mark. They're a little bit tacky, so they seal up well in my ears and don't slip out, which was an issue I had with tips like the Spinfits. But they're not as tacky as the AZLA SednaEarFit Crystal. Those sealed very well too, but the tackiness would irritate my ears over time and were wax magnets. The shape of the tips on the AZLA's were also a bit too wide, so they made my ears sore over long periods. I haven't had any discomfort with the Spring Tips, which is truly a "blessing".

I can't say if the sound has changed due to the tips or just a better fit, but female vocals on these sound even more natural and detailed than before. I had a slight issue previously with the Blessing 2's treble seeming a little too energetic at times, but that's been smoothed out. Imaging also felt a little more "out-of-head" and spacious.

Thanks for sharing that you managed to fit the Spring tips onto the Blessing 2!
Knowing that, I also managed to get them onto the stem of the Variations, and yes, they work really well for them too!
But good luck getting these tips on with the dust filter on the nozzle. I don't us the filter, but cant imagine that anyone would get the tips over the nozzle without pulling off the weakly attached grid...

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:35 AM Post #10,802 of 11,982
Received my kato yesterday. Didn't expect it to be such a substantial upgrade over starfield. I'm impressed moondrop. Vey well done. I'm struggeling with the fit like I did with the starfield. The spring tips are just a slight improvement. It just sits so shallow in my ear and I lose seal easily. Same with spinfits. What tips with a longer stem could be helpful?

Jan 13, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #10,803 of 11,982
Received my kato yesterday. Didn't expect it to be such a substantial upgrade over starfield. I'm impressed moondrop. Vey well done. I'm struggeling with the fit like I did with the starfield. The spring tips are just a slight improvement. It just sits so shallow in my ear and I lose seal easily. Same with spinfits. What tips with a longer stem could be helpful?
I use BGVP A07 in Medium for a nice snug fit with most IEMs, especially Moondrop IEMs - be it Kato, KXXS, Aria or A8/S8. They are slightly bigger than Acoustune AET07s Mediums and greatly help with short stem IEMs too. You can try Acoustune AET07 in Medium and Large too if they are easier and quicker for you to get.

IMG_20220113_152534__01.jpg

Jan 13, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #10,804 of 11,982
I normally use M size tips, but with Kato I'm using L Spring tips. Seems to work very well.

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #10,805 of 11,982
I just wish the Variations has lesser sub-bass (3dB+) and boost a little bit of mid-bass and push the EST a little. the treble extension is there but it's too polite. all my metal songs sound like city pop. it's... nice, but it's no metal. or I could say everything sounds like 2010's Coldplay.

Jan 13, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #10,807 of 11,982
I just wish the Variations has lesser sub-bass (3dB+) and boost a little bit of mid-bass and push the EST a little. the treble extension is there but it's too polite. all my metal songs sound like city pop. it's... nice, but it's no metal. or I could say everything sounds like 2010's Coldplay.
Same. I'm looking at the Thieaudio Oracle/Excalibur/Clairvoyance as alternatives currently.

Jan 13, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #10,808 of 11,982
Thanks for sharing that you managed to fit the Spring tips onto the Blessing 2!
Knowing that, I also managed to get them onto the stem of the Variations, and yes, they work really well for them too!
But good luck getting these tips on with the dust filter on the nozzle. I don't us the filter, but cant imagine that anyone would get the tips over the nozzle without pulling off the weakly attached grid...
Yeah, that was more difficult than actually fitting the tips onto the nozzle. The Blessing 2 dust filters tear extremely easily, they almost never survive when I tip roll.

Fortunately, I have a lot of extras, but I went through two pairs before I managed to get the Spring Tips on. I had to be extra-careful about how I squeezed the Spring Tips when getting them over the nozzle.

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #10,812 of 11,982
With moondrop cables, how can I tell if I'm inserting the appropriate channel into the appropriate ear piece? They are not color coded (red, blue) and I can't find any letters (R, L).
with the logo on the splitter facing away from you the right and left should be on the proper side

Jan 14, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #10,813 of 11,982
Really enjoying some of my recent purchases, including the KATO, as well as Timeless and Oracle (and hoping to enjoy my incoming Yume Midnight). I am going to keep my powder dry to see what else comes out later this year, but if nothing else catches my eye I really want to get the Variations…!

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:47 AM Post #10,814 of 11,982
Really enjoying some of my recent purchases, including the KATO, as well as Timeless and Oracle (and hoping to enjoy my incoming Yume Midnight). I am going to keep my powder dry to see what else comes out later this year, but if nothing else catches my eye I really want to get the Variations…!
I got both the Oracle and Variations, they complement each other beautifully. Great pairing, can play anything without fault.

I got a Midnight coming in as well! Would you share your thoughts once you get them? :smile:

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #10,815 of 11,982
I got both the Oracle and Variations, they complement each other beautifully. Great pairing, can play anything without fault.

That‘s very interesting! Could you tell a bit more about how they compare, both in terms of sound and size/fit? And what sources are you using with them? Would be great to hear about your experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back