Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Sep 14, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #10,021 of 12,007
A lot of people complain about tires that come on a car though… Why should the 86 come with a set of Primacy HP when it could have a set of PS4S? Jokes aside, you still make a good point; the bonus cable isn’t the selling point of the IEM.
Hmmm. I bought my first car a few decades ago and since then I have never heard anyone make a car purchase decision based on the tires, but that’s just me! But, yeah, complaining is always there, no matter what! :)

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #10,022 of 12,007
Hmmm. I bought my first car a few decades ago and since then I have never heard anyone make a car purchase decision based on the tires, but that’s just me! :)
Car enthusiasts likely won’t make their decision based on tires, but they will complain if a car doesn’t come equipped with the right tire. The example I gave was a sports car that actually came with tires from a Prius. It really wasn’t a great match for a car that is considered one of the best handling cars around. Toyota later revised (along with Subaru on their BRZ twin) to offer a performance oriented tire for their performance car (though it doesn’t come with them standard).

Sep 14, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #10,023 of 12,007
I just bought this car today!!! Absolutely loving it so far.
IMG_20210914_175813.jpg

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #10,024 of 12,007
Moondrop Aria collab… 🥰
*Got it from my local online shop

Attachments

• A5390BFE-9468-4A31-9CD0-AD836495D98B.jpeg
    A5390BFE-9468-4A31-9CD0-AD836495D98B.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 6FD612FC-20CE-4D92-A676-AACD69F4C37D.jpeg
    6FD612FC-20CE-4D92-A676-AACD69F4C37D.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #10,025 of 12,007
Car enthusiasts likely won’t make their decision based on tires, but they will complain if a car doesn’t come equipped with the right tire. The example I gave was a sports car that actually came with tires from a Prius. It really wasn’t a great match for a car that is considered one of the best handling cars around. Toyota later revised (along with Subaru on their BRZ twin) to offer a performance oriented tire for their performance car (though it doesn’t come with them standard).
Complaining is universal, but I still stand by my original point— buy the KATO or don’t buy the KATO, and do so for whatever reason you want. But I will continue to believe that making the decision on the basis of a bonus cable does not make sense - to me, anyway - and buying cars based on the tires is also a bit outside of my experience. Complaining about cables, tires, the weather, the color of your neighbor’s house paint, etc., these are universal.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #10,026 of 12,007
It's just basically a SPC cable with plug of your choice.
Not much to say...

I say "not much to say" simply because I don't have anything to share about proven difference like different conductor types.
This SPC does have more strands than a standard one, comes from a different supplier with different braiding design, but that's the only difference I can tell you that how it differentiates with our stock ones.
Our stock cables are also thick coated SPC and with litz connection similar to this upgraded cable.
Thank you, this is the information I was looking for when I initially asked my question. Also thanks for taking the time to respond to our questions.
"This SPC does have more strands than a standard one, comes from a different supplier with different braiding design, but that's the only difference I can tell you that how it differentiates with our stock ones.
Our stock cables are also thick coated SPC and with litz connection similar to this upgraded cable."
This is what I wanted to know. I'm sure a lot of others would have appreciated knowing this too.
Folks - buy the KATO, or don’t buy the KATO. The bonus upgrade of the cable is just that, a bonus, but not the main draw. Would you buy a car because of the tires on it?
Idk if anyone is saying they won't or will buy it over the cable lmao. It's just a bonus for me, but I still wanted to know what the difference was so I know if I need to purchase another set of cable.

Imagine buying a computer with "an upgraded cooler" but they don't tell you anything about the stock cooler or how the upgraded one is better. Sure it's not something to base your purchasing decision around since coolers aren't expensive, but who doesn't want to be an informed consumer? Would still be annoying not to know.

As per your car example, good tires are expensive, but so is the car that you're probably buying, so maybe it's not a big deal since any hobbyist will spend extra to get better tires anyways if the stock ones are bad since having good tires is a big deal but it's still a nice to have if it's going to come with better tires, thats 1-2k saved. Like you said, about the cable, just a bonus. However I still think it would be annoying being told I'm getting better tires but not told which ones if I had to order the car and have it shipped. Most cars aren't ordered and shipped where you wouldn't know what tires you're getting until you finally get the car. In most cases you can literally just go see it at the dealer so I don't think this is a great example.

(Unrelated) Personally I'm a car enthusiast on a college student budget so I've only had cheap cars (gen coupe bk1, Altima coupe 3.5 se, Rx-8 gt), where good tires will cost at least half as much as any of the cars Ive had so I can't relate.

I don't know how you use your IEM? Mostly portable use? I have 5 KBear silver cable for under $50 and none of them fail yet. One has oxidized and turn greenish, but no impact on sound whatsoever other than appearance. I mostly use wired IEM on a desktop setting and use TWS (galaxy buds pro) for portable tho.

Just casually on the sofa here and there, then I store them in my desk. Not treated roughly at all. All my $15-25 kbear cables have been crap so I never went with kbear again. My nicehck cable was doa, and the support didn't want to help me at all so that's another brand I won't be buying from. I think my tripowin cables lasted a decent time, over a yearish. My **** cable has lasted an okay period, a little less than a year before going out. These were nice thick cables at least There are a few others I can't remember or just haven't used much cause I switched from 3.5mm to 2.5mm after a dac upgrade. My isn cable hasn't be used cause it's 3.5mm among a few others.

@MOONDROP I'm curious if there's any word on a blessing 2 Dusk successor. I'm assuming not for a while but wanted to try my shot asking anyways while I'm here.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #10,028 of 12,007
Thank you, this is the information I was looking for when I initially asked my question. Also thanks for taking the time to respond to our questions.
"This SPC does have more strands than a standard one, comes from a different supplier with different braiding design, but that's the only difference I can tell you that how it differentiates with our stock ones.
Our stock cables are also thick coated SPC and with litz connection similar to this upgraded cable."
This is what I wanted to know. I'm sure a lot of others would have appreciated knowing this too.

Idk if anyone is saying they won't or will buy it over the cable lmao. It's just a bonus for me, but I still wanted to know what the difference was so I know if I need to purchase another set of cable.

Imagine buying a computer with "an upgraded cooler" but they don't tell you anything about the stock cooler or how the upgraded one is better. Sure it's not something to base your purchasing decision around since coolers aren't expensive, but who doesn't want to be an informed consumer? Would still be annoying not to know.

As per your car example, good tires are expensive, but so is the car that you're probably buying, so maybe it's not a big deal since any hobbyist will spend extra to get better tires anyways if the stock ones are bad since having good tires is a big deal but it's still a nice to have if it's going to come with better tires, thats 1-2k saved. Like you said, about the cable, just a bonus. However I still think it would be annoying being told I'm getting better tires but not told which ones if I had to order the car and have it shipped. Most cars aren't ordered and shipped where you wouldn't know what tires you're getting until you finally get the car. In most cases you can literally just go see it at the dealer so I don't think this is a great example.

(Unrelated) Personally I'm a car enthusiast on a college student budget so I've only had cheap cars (gen coupe bk1, Altima coupe 3.5 se, Rx-8 gt), where good tires will cost at least half as much as any of the cars Ive had so I can't relate.

Just casually on the sofa here and there, then I store them in my desk. Not treated roughly at all. All my $15-25 kbear cables have been crap so I never went with kbear again. My nicehck cable was doa, and the support didn't want to help me at all so that's another brand I won't be buying from. I think my tripowin cables lasted a decent time, over a yearish. My **** cable has lasted an okay period, a little less than a year before going out. These were nice thick cables at least There are a few others I can't remember or just haven't used much cause I switched from 3.5mm to 2.5mm after a dac upgrade. My isn cable hasn't be used cause it's 3.5mm among a few others.

@MOONDROP I'm curious if there's any word on a blessing 2 Dusk successor. I'm assuming not for a while but wanted to try my shot asking anyways while I'm here.
Peace. As everyone here is expressing their opinion, so am I. No problem if yours differs from mine, I do respect your opinion - I may not share it, but I respect it.

Sep 15, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #10,029 of 12,007
Think of the Kato pre order deal as getting an extra pair of tires. Why are people complaining about something being given away for free? It makes no sense.

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #10,031 of 12,007
Think of the Kato pre order deal as getting an extra pair of tires. Why are people complaining about something being given away for free? It makes no sense.
I don't think people were complaining about the cable. Why would we complain about it. We just complained about the lack of details about it, which we have now been given by moondrop btw if you go back a page or two in the thread, so nobody has anything to complain about anymore.

Sep 15, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #10,032 of 12,007
Hey guy my Variations seem to come with 2 pairs of S-size silicone tips instead of M-size tips. Is there a way to get the stock M-size silicone tips. @MOONDROP 20210915_111912.jpg20210915_111435.jpg
I think the M size is on the iem,
is it not?

Sep 15, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #10,034 of 12,007
Wow, these look so good. Now I want a pair as well…

Where did you order them if I may ask?
Well local store, but you can try find it in aliexpress maybe..? previous one the moondrop stardust i saw it at aliexpress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back