Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 22, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #6,556 of 12,007
Does anyone have comments for the bort cable on 4.4mm? Or any good entry upgrade cables as there is a sale happening for Double 11.

Upgrading cable for blessing2

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #6,557 of 12,007
Does anyone have comments for the bort cable on 4.4mm? Or any good entry upgrade cables as there is a sale happening for Double 11.

Upgrading cable for blessing2
Tbh you can get better cable with even cheaper price like from banned yiny**, nicehck or kbear or tanchjim black

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #6,560 of 12,007
Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #6,561 of 12,007
Are there any differences between the Blocc 5N and the Tanchjim 5N cable?

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #6,562 of 12,007
Which one of these would be better for the Blessing 2 or it's mostly snake oil? Just that the cake I own right now feels flimsy and I want a sturdier one

NICEHCK
Tanchjim

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #6,563 of 12,007
Which one of these would be better for the Blessing 2 or it's mostly snake oil? Just that the cake I own right now feels flimsy and I want a sturdier one

NICEHCK
Tanchjim
I'd rec getting some $20 16-core cable, should be sturdy enough. NiceHCK and KBEar cables are nice and cheap. It'll sound different only if you want it to sound different.

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #6,564 of 12,007

NICEHCK
Tanchjim
I'd recommend the Tri Through cable. It should go nicely with the B2, visually-speaking.

Oct 24, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #6,565 of 12,007
I don’t usually post here, in fact rarely do I but I do feel it necessary to make a comment about the set of SSR’s I received yesterday.

I’m in my 50’s… have treble sensitive hearing… and hate sibilance!! I love a listening experience of being in the front row… an intimate setting if you will as opposed to sitting at the back of the hall. I don’t blast things anymore… I like low volume listening. But there is an issue with that… it’s very hard to achieve… details get lost... vocals fade… it’s not the easiest thing to accomplish in 2 channel setups. So I’ve tried many headphones over the years to compensate. It faired ok but not really became a thing with me. These last few months… more than likely due to the covid living… I’ve been researching iem’s. Something lighter on the head… they don’t mess up your office look LOL… prices have come down and technology has been on the rise.

The Ikko OH1’s and the Blon BL-03’s were my first taste… I struck it lucky with one. I was blown away by the Ikko’s… I literally smile every time I listen to them!!

The Blon’s on the other hand… I just can’t get into them… I guess I don’t fall in that camp… they are sitting on my desk looking for a new home… in their pretty little packaging.

Following a bunch of threads here… it’s kinda like a rabbit hole now this whole Chi-fi thing… the SSR’s popped up as a solution to low level listening. I liked the curve… I like forward sound… so I took a chance. They arrived yesterday and after an initial listen I was pretty sure these things are special. So after a night of random music playing through them, I’ve been sitting here this morning for the last few hours gobbling up every little ounce of music I have. After 35 years of playing in the audio world, every now and then you come across a gem... this is one of those times!

I’ve been trying to write this post for the last half hour getting really distracted and utterly getting pulled in to an energetic and emotional listen that I’m getting from these. I dare you to try to do some work while Paul Simon’s 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover is playing… you’ll stop and finish the song guaranteed!! The clarity and the detail are all there… and I’m going to guess it’ll improve over playing time.

To clarify I equate bright to be treble tipped… treble that makes my ears bleed. These are not bright they are forward in their presentation. Yes they can be a bit brash or splashy if the song has been poorly recorded (again Paul Simon or Bruce Cockburn or even Gordon Lightfoot) if used at low volumes all that does is add to the engagement not distract or take away. And jazz… the new Melody Gardot is wonderful!! Use them for what they are made for and I’ll bet you’ll be rewarded just like I have been this morning.

Thanks to this forum for giving a guy like me a chance to continue enjoying the music :)

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #6,566 of 12,007
Thanks to this forum for giving a guy like me a chance to continue enjoying the music

Thanks for writing about the SSR and I'm glad to read about your positive experience with them. Outfitted with foams and paired with my Walkman, they have quietly become my go-to pair for relaxing and home listening. At the price they go for, I can hardly come up with anything else that is as natural, detailed and tonally accurate. They really benefit from a dedicated source and well-mastered material (regardless of codec). A very underrated set in my opinion.

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #6,567 of 12,007
You're welcome and agreed!! I read your post on foam and took your advice... for the $50.00 CAD I can barely have this kind of enjoyment out of a decent bottle of whiskey LOL!!! Very underrated indeed!!

My guilty pleasure this morning has been the new Yello album Point :thumbsup:

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #6,568 of 12,007
I don’t usually post here, in fact rarely do I but I do feel it necessary to make a comment about the set of SSR’s I received yesterday.

I’m in my 50’s… have treble sensitive hearing… and hate sibilance!! I love a listening experience of being in the front row… an intimate setting if you will as opposed to sitting at the back of the hall. I don’t blast things anymore… I like low volume listening. But there is an issue with that… it’s very hard to achieve… details get lost... vocals fade… it’s not the easiest thing to accomplish in 2 channel setups. So I’ve tried many headphones over the years to compensate. It faired ok but not really became a thing with me. These last few months… more than likely due to the covid living… I’ve been researching iem’s. Something lighter on the head… they don’t mess up your office look LOL… prices have come down and technology has been on the rise.

The Ikko OH1’s and the Blon BL-03’s were my first taste… I struck it lucky with one. I was blown away by the Ikko’s… I literally smile every time I listen to them!!

The Blon’s on the other hand… I just can’t get into them… I guess I don’t fall in that camp… they are sitting on my desk looking for a new home… in their pretty little packaging.

Following a bunch of threads here… it’s kinda like a rabbit hole now this whole Chi-fi thing… the SSR’s popped up as a solution to low level listening. I liked the curve… I like forward sound… so I took a chance. They arrived yesterday and after an initial listen I was pretty sure these things are special. So after a night of random music playing through them, I’ve been sitting here this morning for the last few hours gobbling up every little ounce of music I have. After 35 years of playing in the audio world, every now and then you come across a gem... this is one of those times!

I’ve been trying to write this post for the last half hour getting really distracted and utterly getting pulled in to an energetic and emotional listen that I’m getting from these. I dare you to try to do some work while Paul Simon’s 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover is playing… you’ll stop and finish the song guaranteed!! The clarity and the detail are all there… and I’m going to guess it’ll improve over playing time.

To clarify I equate bright to be treble tipped… treble that makes my ears bleed. These are not bright they are forward in their presentation. Yes they can be a bit brash or splashy if the song has been poorly recorded (again Paul Simon or Bruce Cockburn or even Gordon Lightfoot) if used at low volumes all that does is add to the engagement not distract or take away. And jazz… the new Melody Gardot is wonderful!! Use them for what they are made for and I’ll bet you’ll be rewarded just like I have been this morning.

Thanks to this forum for giving a guy like me a chance to continue enjoying the music :)
I also got the SSR earlier in the week, and my thoughts are the same. I actually prefer them to the Starfields. Great little IEMs.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #6,569 of 12,007

After 35 years of playing in the audio world, every now and then you come across a gem... this is one of those times!

At the price they go for, I can hardly come up with anything else that is as natural, detailed and tonally accurate.

A very underrated set in my opinion.

I also got the SSR earlier in the week, and my thoughts are the same. I actually prefer them to the Starfields. Great little IEMs.

It’s too bad that interest in this set got immediately killed off due to the catchy nickname given to it by a popular reviewer.

Oh well, people who miss out on a diamond in the rough based on the opinion of 1 single person in over 7 billion people is their loss.

Oct 24, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #6,570 of 12,007
It’s too bad that interest in this set got immediately killed off due to the catchy nickname given to it by a popular reviewer.

Oh well, people who miss out on a diamond in the rough based on the opinion of 1 single person in over 7 billion people is their loss.
That's why you should trust your own ears and not some popular reviewer on the internet.

I have seen these called "shouty" and "bass-free". However, I don't find them shouty and they definitely have bass - it's just not the main characteristic of the sound.

Everyone's ears are different and different IEMs suit different people. A review is just someone's opinion.

Of course, if something gets a lot of unanimously bad reviews then it's probably better to heed the warning. However, it's often better to trust your own ears and make up your own mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back