Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 25, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #5,387 of 11,999
My blessing is at home, I am at work now, it came faster than the estimate day
Nice, can’t wait to read what you think of them, after you’ve had a chance to listen to them for a while.

May 25, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #5,389 of 11,999
11242237.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #5,394 of 11,999

That's confusing! The usual cable marking convention is red for right side and blue for left side?

Haha but the audiophiles that buy gear at that price range probably don't need cable markers and can fit an IEM in the ear with their eyes closed!

May 25, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #5,395 of 11,999
I like it, as that’s what I asked for, but Moondrop, please change it to Red = Right, Blue = Left. This is the standard configuration.

May 25, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #5,396 of 11,999
ok first impression of the Blessing 2 - the overall tonality is fairly neutral only the upper mids sound like they are a bit forward
bass have a small boost into the sub bass but it is coming out only when the song calls for it, on most music like jazz, acoustic and so on the bass sound very neutral like there is no boost at all, the attack is sharp and decay is short, so the bass is not full and rounded like in some slower sets with more quantity, it seems pretty detailed bass response but i have to listen more
midrange is linear in the lower part with a rise in the upper mids, the upper mids are forward but not overly so, because is not overly boosted the tone of the mids is smooth, there is no dryness to the mids, the male vocals sound natural, female vocals a bit more up front, the detail retrieval in the mids is high with very good resolution
treble has good amount of air in the upper treble but the cymbals sound a bit thin, not dry per say but not full and rounded, i suspect the depression between 9-17khz has something to do with that, however the tone is still natural and clean, the resolution in the treble is good but i have to make comparison later with Etymotic ER4S
soundstage has good size in all directions, is not only wide but it has good height, the dept is not very good, i suspect the forward mids are responsible for that
the imaging is indeed very good, precise positioning and separation of the instruments, even on fast tracks it stays composed
overall it is fast earphone close to neutral with minimal coloration that is pleasant, will take my time with this one for the review, one thing is for sure, i like them very much

May 26, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #5,398 of 11,999
May 27, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #5,400 of 11,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back