Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 23, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #5,356 of 12,007
I think these new faceplates may have just convinced me to get the B2. I wonder if they will be available with a red faceplate for the right side, and blue for left?

May 23, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #5,357 of 12,007
I think these new faceplates may have just convinced me to get the B2. I wonder if they will be available with a red faceplate for the right side, and blue for left?

Contact Moondrop directly?

May 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #5,358 of 12,007
I don't think they will have such option

May 23, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #5,359 of 12,007
I don't think they will have such option

Unless two peers bought one each and exchanged their respective half set! I'm a genius! 😅

May 23, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #5,360 of 12,007
Unless two peers bought one each and exchanged their respective half set! I'm a genius! 😅
But someone would get stuck with red on the left on blue on the right, which is frankly unacceptable! :)

May 23, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #5,363 of 12,007
May 23, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #5,364 of 12,007
I was watching a Studio Ghibli film (Only Yesterday) the other day and it's been on my mind, and I think color schem pattern face design just gives that subtle feel to it. I was stunned at the water coloring of the backdrop of the animation. They don't make em like they used to. It's like Moondrop has a certain character they are expressing with their designs as time goes on. I think it shows in their sound tuning as well

Question, do any of you guys look into Chinese blogs and forums, etc.. which ones are good for discussions on the latest Chines iems?

How did Moondrop become well known? Was it through a Chinese forum?

From my vantage, Moondrop came on the scene midway into the BGVP DMG hype train. I remember asking about the KPE several times on several threads but there were little reviews and not many had the DM6 and KPE. About that time, late 2018, early 2019 the KPE put them on the map, made them popular to westerners, and then people started acquiring all their IEMs.

I don't follow Chinese forums but I really think the KPE and KP drove their popularity. It was like the return of the DD after so IEMs stuffing so many drivers into a housing.

My two cents.

May 23, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #5,365 of 12,007
From my vantage, Moondrop came on the scene midway into the BGVP DMG hype train. I remember asking about the KPE several times on several threads but there were little reviews and not many had the DM6 and KPE. About that time, late 2018, early 2019 the KPE put them on the map, made them popular to westerners, and then people started acquiring all their IEMs.

I don't follow Chinese forums but I really think the KPE and KP drove their popularity. It was like the return of the DD after so IEMs stuffing so many drivers into a housing.

My two cents.
I was also looking at Korean blogs as well, and it seems to be really popular in those countries. However, I don't know if it was much distinguished with other Chifi stuff. I know FastnClean started this thread, but I don't believe it was Headfi where the notoriety really started, and I'm looking for the spot where people actually discovered it. If Headfi can't do this anymore I need to start looking elsewhere for better recommendations from people that can find good stuff out there. It seems like certain brands are just marketted here and other stuff that are mentioned can be buried. This doesn't help discover what needs to be discovered.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #5,367 of 12,007
Interesting point about Polaris. I listened the Jupiter and my thoughts were, what a waste of money. How can CA do this? Charge that much and tune it so badly like that? Is it because their TOTL being sold that needs the lower priced offering to sound that much worse? I'm just glad I got rid of Andromeda. Didn't think it was really worth the high cost.

May 23, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #5,368 of 12,007
Interesting point about Polaris. I listened the Jupiter and my thoughts were, what a waste of money. How can CA do this? Charge that much and tune it so badly like that? Is it because their TOTL being sold that needs the lower priced offering to sound that much worse? I'm just glad I got rid of Andromeda. Didn't think it was really worth the high cost.

Need your blunt input on the Andy, were the mids hollow sounding? What was wrong with it?

May 23, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #5,369 of 12,007
Need your blunt input on the Andy, were the mids hollow sounding? What was wrong with it?
It was actually the upper-mids from what I recall, and it was recessed. I remember even when I first listened to the Andromeda. Initially impressions was treble emphasis, and I had to get used to the sig, and the lower-mids were thick and cause too much warmth on certain tracks. Several of us pointed it out in the thread. One solution was to add impedance to the line 3-4 ohms to lower it, but we got to think about the tuning. It was how CA tuned the Andromeda in the first place right? Unacceptable at the price.

May 23, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #5,370 of 12,007
It was actually the upper-mids from what I recall, and it was recessed. I remember even when I first listened to the Andromeda. Initially impressions was treble emphasis, and I had to get used to the sig, and the lower-mids were thick and cause too much warmth on certain tracks. Several of us pointed it out in the thread. One solution was to add impedance to the line 3-4 ohms to lower it, but we got to think about the tuning. It was how CA tuned the Andromeda in the first place right? Unacceptable at the price.

Yeah. I'm at a point where I've amassed enough gear so to not take any more risk with gear >1k cad$. I'd panic if they got lost, and second, what's the point of owning 2-3 TOTL??? It sounds self defeating, especially for the price. Bah. I digress! I'm still in this hobby after all.

I'd be real curious as to how the S8 differs that much from the Blessing 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back