Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier
Mar 8, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,022 of 1,920

Your dealer will add in the DAC to your 430HA?

Yes, a local authorized dealer will install the DAC.
The process does not require soldering or any invasive stuff.

The dealers do have a special decoder ring though....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,024 of 1,920

ok
on another note, just got words mine was shipped today from Simaudio.  Looks like next week.

Congrats !  Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. 

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,025 of 1,920
I've had large sonic improvement with upmarket fuses from a variety of companies. My only concern with the 430HA is there are unique plastic covers over the fuses and I don't know how to safely remove them to access the fuses.

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,026 of 1,920
I've had large sonic improvement with upmarket fuses from a variety of companies. My only concern with the 430HA is there are unique plastic covers over the fuses and I don't know how to safely remove them to access the fuses.

why don't you call tech support and find out how to access the fuses.  The folks in the Canadian office are very nice.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #1,027 of 1,920

why don't you call tech support and find out how to access the fuses.  The folks in the Canadian office are very nice.

+1 to that.  Simaudio is very responsive.  If you do call they will patch you through to the appropriate person with the answers.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #1,028 of 1,920
it's here.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,029 of 1,920
Mar 14, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,030 of 1,920
Mar 16, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,031 of 1,920
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my 430HA, I have never tried the high gain before, but just recently I have switched it on and strange thing happened is only the right channel of all my headphones got boosted.

What could be the problem here? Any help would be highly appreciated...

Although I am happy with the normal gain of the 430HA... But still at times you know...

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #1,032 of 1,920
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my 430HA, I have never tried the high gain before, but just recently I have switched it on and strange thing happened is only the right channel of all my headphones got boosted.

What could be the problem here? Any help would be highly appreciated...

Although I am happy with the normal gain of the 430HA... But still at times you know...

Are you using the balanced out ?

Could it be a cable issue ?  Try calling Simaudio or drop them a line from the website, they are very responsive.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,033 of 1,920
My local dealer installed the DAC this morning 
biggrin.gif

So far sounds great and spacious exactly as the ESS Sabre BUT without the annoying bright treble. I believe this is part of the Moon's brilliant DAC chip matching with the 430HA. 

Here is the box

Here is the chip inside the static protection bag. Unfortunately, my dealer did not allow me to attend the installation process, due to the "Employees Only" policy at the their workshop. 

HELP: I am having a weird issue with the remote control. It is not working at all! This is the first time to use my remote control since I purchased the amp. Any suggestions???
I will contact SimAudio, but I thought that you might suggest a quick solution. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #1,034 of 1,920
My local dealer installed the DAC this morning :D

So far sounds great and spacious exactly as the ESS Sabre BUT without the annoying bright treble. I believe this is part of the Moon's brilliant DAC chip matching with the 430HA. 

Here is the box

Here is the chip inside the static protection bag. Unfortunately, my dealer did not allow me to attend the installation process, due to the "Employees Only" policy at the their workshop. 

HELP: I am having a weird issue with the remote control. It is not working at all! This is the first time to use my remote control since I purchased the amp. Any suggestions???
I will contact SimAudio, but I thought that you might suggest a quick solution. 

Congrats on your new Dac install. I am in love with my 430ha with dac. The best headphone amp I have owned and heard till today. As far as your remote issue, make sure you select AMP button on the top portion of the remote. When I received mine, I thought my remote was not working too. Hope that helps.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #1,035 of 1,920
Congrats on your new Dac install. I am in love with my 430ha with dac. The best headphone amp I have owned and heard till today. As far as your remote issue, make sure you select AMP button on the top portion of the remote. When I received mine, I thought my remote was not working too. Hope that helps.

THANKS!

It is working now :)

I hate the remote control, it is UGLY and CHEAP. 
They justify their decision of building this cheap remote by saying "we want to reduce cost for our customers"!!! 
It doesn't make any sense at all, increase the price by $50 and give us a decent remote. We paid $4500, we don't give a damn if you add extra $50
OR take 2 years out of the warranty and give me a better remote 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back