Moon Audio Reviews
Jan 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #76 of 328
I purchased a pair of Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm headphones from Moon Audio several months ago. Drew was very prompt on both replying to questions and shipping. He was also kind enough to mark it as a gift which meant no duty fees. Excellent service, highly recommended!

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #77 of 328
A+++++++++++++++, very fast and good service, could not be happier! Love my new Blue Dragon DIY cable for my Senn.

Best regards L. Sweden.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #78 of 328
I contacted Drew over the holidays (xmas eve I think) for some advice on selecting a replacement xlr interconnect. I was reconfiguring my audio system to accomodate a new wall mounted tv. Old interconnects (AQ Lapis)were too short for the new arrangement. I needed something about 5 meters long between my amp & preamp. Lapis cables are old but a great solid silver design. Replacing this cable with a current AQ silver offering would have been very expensive. Drew responded very quickly and admitted right away that he had never heard the Lapis but gave me quotes for his silver cables. I decided to get the Blue Dragon with Furutech connectors.

The cables have about 150 hrs on them now & work great. No harshness in the highs which can be a problem with silver. Very smooth yet the detail is there. Are they better than the Lapis? I can't say for sure but I think that's a good thing. I'm not missing my old cables & that was the goal of this purchase.

Nice job Drew! It's a great cable & you know how to take care of your customers.

Jeff C

Feb 16, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #83 of 328
I have just received a package containing numerous DIY parts. Drew was very comprehensive and concise with his replies, although I would have liked quicker replies regarding some of my inquiries, doing business with him was very smooth. I recommend buying from him and will hopefully stay a loyal customer. Thank you Drew!

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #85 of 328
Just recieved my Cardas Blue USB cable thanks to Drew who was extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with.

I have been running the Cardas USB cable for a few days now and, though it is not fully broken in yet, it sounds very detailed and transparent with a very nice top end and a very quiet background.

Though not fully broken in, I do overall prefer the sound and the presentation of the Cardas to my current cable which is the Belkin Pro USB cable. However, the one area I prefer the Belkin in is in the sound of the midrange (voices) which comes across more full bodied and more solid than on the Cardas. I think this is because the Cardas is not fully broken in and I am sure its midrange will improve after break in.

I have also heard the Kimber USB Cable (the blue coloured one - I think made of silver) at a dealer but I found this to sound too sibilancy - the cheap standard USB cable sounded better overall to my ears.

Once again, Thanks Drew for your excellent service.

VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Feb 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #86 of 328
I just received a pair of Cardas HD650 connectors from Moon Audio.
Thanks!

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #87 of 328
Received my Beyerdynamic T1 with the Black Dragon Cable. Very Nice! Thanks Drew!

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #88 of 328
I've bought a few items from Drew separately over recent months.
A stock DT-880 600 ohm, a DT-990 600 ohm with Black Dragon cable / dual entry, 2 pairs Cardas Crosslink balanced interconnects (XLR) with special request to swap hot/cold on 1 pair for Stax amps, and finally, Black Dragon balanced XLR cable for my Senn HD600/650 phones.

Each time Drew was quick to respond to emails, and shipped the items very quickly, with tracking info. The workmanship/quality of headphone mods and cable builds is top notch!

I used to always ask first if he could do something, his reply was always "of course, I do it all the time!", so I stopped asking and now just order what I want!

Highly recommended! Thanks a lot Drew!

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #89 of 328
I contacted Drew through Audiogon to purchase an HR Technologies Music Streamer II+. Even though it was pretty late on the east coast, he replied quickly, confirmed payment received the same night and I had a tracking number by noon the next day with the product already en route.

This is a sweet little DAC that is both extremely practical for my computer rig and an astounding performer at the price.

Thanks Drew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back