Montréal incoming 2012 Head-Fi meet!: *" Saturday 25th of August "* (status: done!)
Aug 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #106 of 180
Hi everybody,

No need to PM the address of the law firm where I work. It's not an industrial secret!

The meet will be held at BCF, 1100 René-Lévesque west (corner Peel). Most probably at the 21st floor.

I will wait for everybody at 13:00 in the lobby (in front of the security's desk). Be on time as you will have to be with me to be allowed to take elevators.

In any infortunate events you should be late, you can call me at 514-894-7755 (cell.)

So from now on, I will take the count from the people interested to attend. Please PM me.

P.S. Kim Laroux, you are sure to hear the LCD-2 as I will bring mine along with Bryston BHA-1 and Wyred4Sound DAC-2.

Steve

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #107 of 180
Is this the CIBC tower? Which metro station is the best to access this place, Bonaventure? Though I'll probably use Peel since it'll save me one transfer. Is this place linked to the underground network? 

As you can see, I've never been downtown Montreal, so getting there will be a first for me. Glad I have a phone number in case I get lost! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #108 of 180
Quote:
Is this the CIBC tower? Which metro station is the best to access this place, Bonaventure? Though I'll probably use Peel since it'll save me one transfer. Is this place linked to the underground network? 

As you can see, I've never been downtown Montreal, so getting there will be a first for me. Glad I have a phone number in case I get lost! 
biggrin.gif

No, it's just in front of the CIBC tower on the south side of René-Lévesque. You should see some BCF signs on the building.  Peel station will be good. It's a 5-7 minutes walk not linked with the underground network.

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #109 of 180
Awesome! If someone needs a pick up from near Cote-des-Neiges or Namur I'll be driving there. :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #110 of 180
Great, you work right next to where I work Steve. Oh, but I get to play around with headphones all day... not really!
tongue_smile.gif

Count me in... but with no amp as of yet :/

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #113 of 180
What store do you work at? Places to try out quality headphones in montreal are pretty rare.

He works on the big one on St Catherine (not sure if he's trying to keep it a secret online so I'll avoid saying the name).
Shouldn't be too hard to spot with the green sign.
They have lots of headphones and serious customers would probably be allowed to try the higher end ones while they have lots of lower end demos like the shures (840, 940 and maybe the 440 if I remember correctly), senns, akgs and whatnot. They even have some hifiman which seems pretty rare in Canada >.<

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #114 of 180
that's great! I'll be there!
since there will be (at least) 2 LCD 2's for the meet - which revision do you guys have? I noticed none of you actually posted this. I'm really curious to compare the two (and LCD-3 if these show up too!)

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #115 of 180
Quote:
since there will be (at least) 2 LCD 2's for the meet - which revision do you guys have? I noticed none of you actually posted this. I'm really curious to compare the two (and LCD-3 if these show up too!)

I will be bringing the following to the meet:

- HiFiMAN HE-6 (with 3 aftermarket pad pairs)
- Audez'e LCD-3 (newest driver iteration)
- HiFiMAN HM-801 (with Game amp module)
- V-Link 192 USB-SP/DIF converter
- 2TB of music (exclusively FLAC 16/44.1 and up, mostly Jazz, Classical & Folk, although almost every genre is represented)

The LCD-3's have a TWag V2 cable, and I will try making one for the HE-6 to bring to the meet as well. I will also bring an SAA Endorphin cable for Audez'e headphones if it's not sold/traded by then.

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #117 of 180
Quote:

I will be bringing the following to the meet:

- HiFiMAN HE-6 (with 3 aftermarket pad pairs)
- Audez'e LCD-3 (newest driver iteration)
- HiFiMAN HM-801 (with Game amp module)
- V-Link 192 USB-SP/DIF converter
- 2TB of music (exclusively FLAC 16/44.1 and up, mostly Jazz, Classical & Folk, although almost every genre is represented)

The LCD-3's have a TWag V2 cable, and I will try making one for the HE-6 to bring to the meet as well. I will also bring an SAA Endorphin cable for Audez'e headphones if it's not sold/traded by then.

Looking forward to hear the HE-6 well amped. I've heard them 3 times on different occasions and was always underwhelmed :/

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #118 of 180
Quote:

LCD-2 rev. 2

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #120 of 180
Wow! We'll have both the LCD2.1, LCD2.2 and LCD3. Add to that the HiFiMANs and the HD800 and it'll be the best first meet I could hope for. 
k701smile.gif
 Now if DevouringOne3 end up showing up with his collection of Grados, I'll have a hard time trying not to grin all afternoon.

But what high end DAC and amplifiers will be there to try all those headphones with? I read somewhere that two Schiit combos will be there, is that confirmed? Anything else?

Anyways, I'll probably use my NFB-12 for my serious listening, since this way I'll have only variable in the chain. My ears are "used" to the NFB-12's sound, so using it as a source will allow me to have a better idea of the differences between headphones. I'll also bring my MSSH just for the fun of it.

Lappy27, what is the state of power outlets at the conference room we will be using? Since I'll be traveling with public transport and that I'll walk with all of my stuff, I would prefer not packing a power bar and extension cord if I end up not needing it. I need 3 sockets, and the power cords I'll bring are 2 meters long or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back