Monster's warranty service is amazing... A+ customer service.
Sep 2, 2010 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FliGuyRyan

Head-Fier
First off, no, I'm not affiliated with Monster in any way. I'm just an average Joe 25-year old who likes quality audio. After purchasing my Monster Turbine Pro Copper in-ear monitors back in the Spring, I was amazed by their sound, thus ending my IEM search. I was lucky that I hit my "best" per se on the first try. There is nothing more I want out of an IEM than the Pro Copper. Needless to say, one day when I removed one of the IEMs, it separated in the middle of the body which I thought was strange. After calling Monster and confirming with them that this must be a defect and that it would be covered under such warranty (and not the Lifetime one-time replacement - as I didn't want to use that up if it wasn't my fault), they sent me a return authorization number and I sent them in.

Well, today I see the FedEx truck pull up to my house thinking it was another order of mine. To my pleasant surprise, it was from Monster. I had also received a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones and a FiiO E5 portable amp which made the day even better. After opening the box from Monster, I was shocked to find that they didn't just send my replacements in a Zip-Lock baggy, but sent a brand new plastic-wrapped box containing two more cases, another 1/8"-1/4" adapter, ear-tip case and a few new things. And it's the new items that has made my opinion of Monster go through the roof! They included no less than 15 sets (FIFTEEN SETS!!!) of ear-tips. These are of different variety, sizes and materials including their new SuperTips. After about 45 minutes of trying the new tips vs. my old pair from Auvio, I found a set of small gray SuperTips that are far beyond miraculous. The bass they added because of the seal has enhanced the Pro Copper to the point that I am now returning my headphones from Audio Technica. I was so happy that I explained all this to my wife who was kind enough to listen to my giddy demeanor. In addition to the tips was a cleaning cloth for the IEMs which adds a level of professionalism that I appreciate very much. 

Add the end of the day, it makes you appreciate a company such as Monster for their dedication to customer satisfaction. There wasn't the usual runaround of, "Where were you on the night of the 22nd with your headphones?" or "Why were you listening to this music, that voids the warranty..." or any other BS that companies give you. Not so with Monster. Andy Chan - who handled my issue - just said, "We'll take care of that, send them in and have a great day!"

+1 satisfied customer... and to think, if I do ever jack these up by accident, they're covered there too...

Thanks for listening,
-Ryan

P.S. The FiiO amp is definitely worth the $22 on Amazon... it's amazing for the money. 

Sep 3, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Glad to hear it worked out for you

Quote:
First off, no, I'm not affiliated with Monster in any way. I'm just an average Joe 25-year old who likes quality audio. After purchasing my Monster Turbine Pro Copper in-ear monitors back in the Spring, I was amazed by their sound, thus ending my IEM search. I was lucky that I hit my "best" per se on the first try. There is nothing more I want out of an IEM than the Pro Copper. Needless to say, one day when I removed one of the IEMs, it separated in the middle of the body which I thought was strange. After calling Monster and confirming with them that this must be a defect and that it would be covered under such warranty (and not the Lifetime one-time replacement - as I didn't want to use that up if it wasn't my fault), they sent me a return authorization number and I sent them in.

Well, today I see the FedEx truck pull up to my house thinking it was another order of mine. To my pleasant surprise, it was from Monster. I had also received a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones and a FiiO E5 portable amp which made the day even better. After opening the box from Monster, I was shocked to find that they didn't just send my replacements in a Zip-Lock baggy, but sent a brand new plastic-wrapped box containing two more cases, another 1/8"-1/4" adapter, ear-tip case and a few new things. And it's the new items that has made my opinion of Monster go through the roof! They included no less than 15 sets (FIFTEEN SETS!!!) of ear-tips. These are of different variety, sizes and materials including their new SuperTips. After about 45 minutes of trying the new tips vs. my old pair from Auvio, I found a set of small gray SuperTips that are far beyond miraculous. The bass they added because of the seal has enhanced the Pro Copper to the point that I am now returning my headphones from Audio Technica. I was so happy that I explained all this to my wife who was kind enough to listen to my giddy demeanor. In addition to the tips was a cleaning cloth for the IEMs which adds a level of professionalism that I appreciate very much. 

Add the end of the day, it makes you appreciate a company such as Monster for their dedication to customer satisfaction. There wasn't the usual runaround of, "Where were you on the night of the 22nd with your headphones?" or "Why were you listening to this music, that voids the warranty..." or any other BS that companies give you. Not so with Monster. Andy Chan - who handled my issue - just said, "We'll take care of that, send them in and have a great day!"

+1 satisfied customer... and to think, if I do ever jack these up by accident, they're covered there too...

Thanks for listening,
-Ryan

P.S. The FiiO amp is definitely worth the $22 on Amazon... it's amazing for the money. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #4 of 6
I would never do this and I don't condone this, but my friend bought some fake Monster in-ear beats, sent them to Monster after they broke, and got a brand new real pair. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I would never do this and I don't condone this, but my friend bought some fake Monster in-ear beats, sent them to Monster after they broke, and got a brand new real pair. 

but don't you need a receipt from an authorized seller so that they will honor the warranty claim?

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

Quote:

but don't you need a receipt from an authorized seller so that they will honor the warranty claim?

Apparently not. He told Monster he just got them and he has been known to get what he wants, so I am sure he argued with customer care (he once found a broken pair of probably fake Gucci sunglasses in a Taxi cab and was able to go to Gucci and argue his way into them giving him a brand new real pair). But as I said, I don't condone this and would never do it myself. Although I would never buy anything fake, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back