Monster Turbines Question
Aug 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrMcOwn

New Head-Fier
Ok I just recently bought a pair of Monster Turbines from Amazon (not a third party seller selling through amazon) and I noticed something a little weird. The model that I got in the box have some distinct differences than the ones that are on the box. For example, on the box it says that the headphones include a cable slider, this is not the case for these headphones. Also, they also claim that they have a right angle connector, while the one in the box has a straight connector. Has this ever happened before? Where you get a different model that is in the box than is advertised on the box cover? Or are these a possible fake? Thank you for responding.

Aug 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Did you buy the Pro's? If so, then the info should be right. If not then please put an actual link so we can further assist you. 

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 7
MrMcOwn, I believe you ordered the Monster Turbine High Performance, right?
This happened to me, too. I took pictures of the packaging and emailed to Monster Cable. Here is the response.

Subject: RE: Monster Customer Support
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:36:57 -0700

The packaging is fine.

Thank you,

Denisha Willis
Customer Technical Support

MONSTER CABLE
455 Valley Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005
877 800 8989

Subject: RE: Monster Customer Support Email: CHINWEI LEE
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:36:57 -0700
To: sopp06@hotmail.com

The packaging is fine.

Thank you,

Denisha Willis
Customer Technical Support

MONSTER CABLE
455 Valley Drive
Brisbane, CA 94005
877 800 8989

Aug 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 7
K, the youtube vids I'm seeing show the regular turbine has a straight plug, not a 90.  Older phones have red stitching, new ones dont.  Lack of a slider is terrible.  Can you get some Golds for close to what you paid?

Aug 26, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Ok I just recently bought a pair of Monster Turbines from Amazon (not a third party seller selling through amazon) and I noticed something a little weird. The model that I got in the box have some distinct differences than the ones that are on the box. For example, on the box it says that the headphones include a cable slider, this is not the case for these headphones. Also, they also claim that they have a right angle connector, while the one in the box has a straight connector. Has this ever happened before? Where you get a different model that is in the box than is advertised on the box cover? Or are these a possible fake? Thank you for responding.

I have a different, and I think newer, box on my Turbines that accurately shows the unit that is in the box. Mine also came from Amazon. I believe the box photos Sopp posted show either very early production, or a pre-production sample, and may be out of date packaging.  My Turbines have straight plug, and do not have that long segmented strain reliever on the earphones, and do not have a cable slider. They appear to be just like MrMcOwn's description of his set. They do match the photos of samples on Monster's website, as do my Gold and Copper Pros. On the same website, though, you can see some photos showing the early versions (pre-prod?) of both of the Pros that are a little different.

I think MrMcOwn (and Sopp)  just got an early box printing. My box looks to be a newer printing like that now on Monster's website.  I noticed that the very early Turbine Pro photos also show that same long segmented stain reliever as well, and that is what is in the photos on the box of both my Golds and Coppers, but the units themselves have the current strain reliever, with  wider cable gauge as well. The standard Turbine photos also show a carry case with a metal emblem on the closing flap, but the one in the box did not (mine doesn't, but the box shows it!). 

I think Monster's packaging has not kept up with the actual production units, furthering all the counterfeit speculation. Check their website photos to compare. All of these photos come from there. The box photo and the image samples on Monster's website all show straight plug, no slider and the absence of the early strain reliever.  All my Turbines, Regular, Gold and Copper, do look just like the sample images on the tabs for each product currently on the website, despite what might show on the box.

Current Turbines & boxing, (all photos from Monster's website):

Current Copper Pro vs.
Early or pre-production (inset):

turbinepro_frnt-side_copper.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back