Monster Turbines Pro Gold Vs Beats By Dre Studio
Dec 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #4 of 8
I actually think that if you want a lot of bass you should go for the Beats By Dre. The Turbines left me wanting more in the lower end and I do not like a lot of bass in my headphones. I think you should go with a pair of Sony instead of the Studio though but that is just my opinion.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 8
Definitely the monster turbine hands down. they have a sound that i would describe as very smooth. The bass is better but not more than the beats. I wonder why so many people here hate anything from Bose, Skullcandy and Monster. They make some great stuff just overpriced on some of them...

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 8
Sound (overall): Well, depends on what you listen to. During my short experiences with the Studios, I found them to be good with music that are represented as a cube with very sharp edges: The Police kind of rock. Not too fast, clear and hard-hitting notes.
Bass: The Golds have more smoothness and depth, while the Studios have harder impact, which is why they are good for said cube music.
Isolation: Golds.
Clarity: This I sincerely cannot say. However the Golds are not really clear: That's the Coppers.

Dec 21, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 8
I own the MTPG's, and I have tried friends beats. I can say with no bias that my Gold's are supremely better. Beats' bass is just overwhelming compared to the Golds because the beats are geared towards the mass market which has been convinced that
BASS = QUALITY.

Admittedly, if bass is all you're looking for then I'm sure there are other solutions that are better for you than beats, but when you factor in clarity, then its simply no contest, Golds win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back