Monster Turbine PRO's better than Denon AH-C710's?
Sep 19, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #46 of 56
Hmm, I didn't read all the post. But one thing though, you can't just say the bass on armature earphones is inferior or less in quantity than dynamic earphones. Well, even if it might be so, quantity does not equal quality.

Well since you like bass, I'd suggest taking a look at the FX 700 too, but isolation with that is a bit of a problem. At least for me, it sounded better than the Senn's IE8 when I had it. But if isolation and deep bass is what you want, I'd suggest the Monster Copper. It sounded incredible when I tested it a long time ago. I have not heard the rest, your best option would be to test all of them out before buying any.

Sep 19, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #47 of 56

Quote:
Hmm, I didn't read all the post. But one thing though, you can't just say the bass on armature earphones is inferior or less in quantity than dynamic earphones. Well, even if it might be so, quantity does not equal quality.

Well since you like bass, I'd suggest taking a look at the FX 700 too, but isolation with that is a bit of a problem. At least for me, it sounded better than the Senn's IE8 when I had it. But if isolation and deep bass is what you want, I'd suggest the Monster Copper. It sounded incredible when I tested it a long time ago. I have not heard the rest, your best option would be to test all of them out before buying any.

-FX700's = will have problem buying + warranty from the UK
-IE8= hated them with a passion
-Coppers = Will have warranty problems in sending them to Monster, let alone them replying to my damn emails...so unless a UK company can sort warranties for me, then the coppers are a no go for me.
-Dynamics > BA's in terms of bass - Unless you spend over £250 for earphones, will BA's sound as rich and as strong in the bass department.
This is (as i learnt last year) that BA's don't move air like dynamics do.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #48 of 56
se535's weren't for me due to the lack of bass - identical feeling I had with the W2's 1 yr ago.
BA's not for me then, I will try and demo the W3's at one stage, but I have updated the OP, about the monsters.

Main problem with the monsters is warranty.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #49 of 56

Quote:
se535's weren't for me due to the lack of bass - identical feeling I had with the W2's 1 yr ago.
BA's not for me then, I will try and demo the W3's at one stage, but I have updated the OP, about the monsters.

Main problem with the monsters is warranty.

I just bought the MTPC's a few days ago(pretty impressed with them), as for the warranty, according to the manual you'll have to call up Monster and then ship the product back to them.

It's a one-time use lifetime warranty, they will send you new ones even if you break them.

I think they pay for the shipping too(?), someone confirm this because I might have misinterpreted the instructions in the booklet.

P.S If you're buying a used one with the warranty unclaimed, you'll need the original receipt for Monster to authorize it(but duh)

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #50 of 56

Quote:
I just bought the MTPC's a few days ago(pretty impressed with them), as for the warranty, according to the manual you'll have to call up Monster and then ship the product back to them.

It's a one-time use lifetime warranty, they will send you new ones even if you break them.

I think they pay for the shipping too(?), someone confirm this because I might have misinterpreted the instructions in the booklet.

P.S If you're buying a used one with the warranty unclaimed, you'll need the original receipt for Monster to authorize it(but duh)

Thanks for the info.
Well if i purchase them from iheadphones/amazon, they cover 1 year warranty. The rest is up to Monster to provide me with the rest as in the "even if you break them" warranty.

I'll call them tonight (afternoon in the US)

Mind me asking what other earphones have you owned?
So as to know why you like them or could see better in them?
And why the coppers not golds?

I know the golds hold better bass, but the coppers are better overall

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #51 of 56

Quote:
Thanks for the info.
Well if i purchase them from iheadphones/amazon, they cover 1 year warranty. The rest is up to Monster to provide me with the rest as in the "even if you break them" warranty.

I'll call them tonight (afternoon in the US)

Mind me asking what other earphones have you owned?
So as to know why you like them or could see better in them?
And why the coppers not golds?

I know the golds hold better bass, but the coppers are better overall

I had the FA Eternas before this, and the Coppers were much better in terms of clarity, clearer mids and treble extension, producing a much more balanced sound in general.

Though the soundstage is average in comparison(width is good, depth slightly lacking), and insertion is pretty annoying, since they are really sensitive to insertion depth and tips used - I spent a few good couple of days before settling on the medium foam supertips and even those don't fit me completely well.

Bass wise, they still pack a good punch coming from the Eterna(which all of us can agree are true bass monsters), along with far better control . I tried the MTPGs too, they have a greater mid bass hump which warms up the mids, giving a slighty thicker sound- rather reminiscent of my old eternas.

However, I wanted something slightly different, and hence I settled on the coppers which I believe were the better all-rounders.

Sep 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #52 of 56

Quote:
I had the FA Eternas before this, and the Coppers were much better in terms of clarity, clearer mids and treble extension, producing a much more balanced sound in general.

Though the soundstage is average in comparison(width is good, depth slightly lacking), and insertion is pretty annoying, since they are really sensitive to insertion depth and tips used - I spent a few good couple of days before settling on the medium foam supertips and even those don't fit me completely well.

Bass wise, they still pack a good punch coming from the Eterna(which all of us can agree are true bass monsters), along with far better control . I tried the MTPGs too, they have a greater mid bass hump which warms up the mids, giving a slighty thicker sound- rather reminiscent of my old eternas.

However, I wanted something slightly different, and hence I settled on the coppers which I believe were the better all-rounders.

Thanks for the comment!
I think golds seem to be more for me + are much cheaper than the coppers.
Currently looking in the UK and US (as my aunt in the US) could buy the golds and ship them over.

Would have to calculate costs etc.
But over here golds:
£190 = amazonUK (not sure about it, but don't know if they are an authorised dealer or not)
£125 = In the US from amazon.com (authorised dealer)
Ad shipping to that, which would be around £10 MAX = £135

Meaning a saving of around £55.
I'll have to try the MTPG first in the UK before sourcing out to the US.

Sep 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #53 of 56

Quote:
After having used all of the following earphones, I can definitively say that the Monster Turbine Pro Gold, the Monster Turbine Pro Copper and the Monster Turbine are considerably better than the Denon AH-C710 in almost all aspects of sound quality.

Excellent post!
So in what way do the golds for example beat the denon's?

As my denons do lows highs and maybe are just a little shy on the mids.
Using Comply tips for me is a MUST or else the 710's sound tinny with uncontrolled bass.

Main thing i didn't like about the 710's was the fact that the wire was in 2 separate parts, as in it was either way too short or way too long.

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #54 of 56
Funny how we all hear things differently , i recently got the denon 710 and think the upper mids/lower treble is there most prominent feature ,(enhanced as they are )of there sound signature,and backed up by there ample quantity of very good quality bass ,if you are concerned about the quality of your bass ,the denons have much better  timbre,clarity and texture and shape to there bass than either the monster golds or coppers ,to my ears ,and the denons are less warm than the monsters ,both of which i own . Out of the three the coppers have the most extended upper treble although i always feel that the midrange is kinda stretched and a bit artificial sounding somehow to avoid the warmth from the mid bass that the golds suffer from .The golds have the most natural sounding midrange out of the three but are also the warmest sounding .

I also own w3 and sm3 , w3 a bit more bass in terms of quantity than sm3 but it is mid bass dominated the sm3 bass has much better timbre to it and has some sub bass to it 

If you are looking for a iem with more bass than the denon's you may wish to look into the Thin Film Technology's TFTA-2100-3V2B extra heavy bass ! high definition iem ,or there normal bass model , i currently have the 3v2b heavy bass model and have to say they are very good indeed ,which is tuned for extended sub bass and treble ,very good bass impact that hits way down low and terrific clarity and detail in the treble and a natural sounding engaging midrange                                                                                                                                                                                                                          british company i believe . 
Easy to drive 
1.2m cord

Check out there Web site , tfta.eu

Sep 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #55 of 56
I haven't heard the Denons but if you want a good bass IEM get the Golds.
Not sure what the issue is with Monster's warranty, have you ever used it before or are you basing it solely on that they didn't email you back?  Their warranty is the best out there if you ask me.  What other company would just replace it with new ones even if you're at fault?

Sep 20, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #56 of 56

Quote:
I found that the highs of the Denon AH-C710 were considerably harsher and shriller than the highs of the Monster Turbine Pro Copper/Gold.

Furthermore, the sound signature of the MTPC/G seemed weightier and fuller than that of the C710, especially in the bass region.

In terms of build quality, any Monster Turbine earphone will crush the C710.

I wouldn't use crush :wink:
I'll have to see the MTPG's myself - will report back soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back