Monster Turbine Pro - Gold (Fakes?)
Jun 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jonathan83

New Head-Fier
So I've recently decided to by and upper end pair of headphones, I had been debating this for a long time, my new job lets me listen to music so I'll likely be listening to music 50+ hours a week, I figured now is as good as time as any to pick up a new pair of headphones.

After a few hours of reading this forum, watching reviews etc I'm thinking about picking up the Monster Turbine Pro Golds. I've been searching around and looking at prices. There are a few on ebay for < $200, I'm always one of those who try and shy away from the "too good to be true" deals. I know there are fakes for the Dre headphones, I'm wondering if I should shy away from the pairs on ebay and pay the extra $100.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 10
I would recommend buying them from an authorized dealer. That way you get the lifetime warranty. Sound stopped coming out of the right earpiece of my Gold's only after a few months. Monster replaced them and I would have been stuck with a faulty set if I didn't get them from and authorized dealer.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 10
If you don't buy from a certified Monster reseller you won't get the amazing Monster warranty if that matters to you.  Email Onecall and offer them a price match request and see what they will give u the Golds for.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=101211

Click the my price tab and see what happens....

Damn, you guys are FAST!!

Jun 8, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 10
If they don't want to give you $250 for it, then you should consider getting the Monster Gold or Monster Copper. I believe you can get the Gold for under 200, and the Copper for 250. Neither of them is really superior than each other, just variation in sound signature.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 10
onecall just got back to me, they offered them for $180, $10 more than the pair I was looking at on ebay, was definitely worth sending them a message. Thank you for the reference ddrddrddrddr and Anaxilus, it's definitely appreciated!

Edit: I imagine it's for the open box ones, which I was going to pick up anyways if they didn't get back to me, either way, I'd rather buy them from there than ebay.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #9 of 10
The sales rep assured me they were factory sealed. Apparently linking the ebay add was a good idea according to him. If anyone is looking to pick these up it can't hurt to take that route.

Thanks again for the help folks!

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
If they don't want to give you $250 for it, then you should consider getting the Monster Gold or Monster Copper. I believe you can get the Gold for under 200, and the Copper for 250. Neither of them is really superior than each other, just variation in sound signature.

No, the copper is superior (faster, better detail, more extended treble, totally free of bass bleeding into the mids) to the gold AND the sound sig is different. However, opinions differ on how superior and whether it's worth the extra price. The mtpgold is a very nice sounding earphone with more of a bass emphasis than the more balanced coppers. For a lot of people out there, the golds are great and there's no need to look further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back