Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jan 15, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,591 of 1,752
So what is the lowest price for a brand new copper controltalk version through an authorized seller? I plan on calling onecall and J&R for their lowest price, but I'd like a reference point.

Jan 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,592 of 1,752

Quote:
So what is the lowest price for a brand new copper controltalk version through an authorized seller? I plan on calling onecall and J&R for their lowest price, but I'd like a reference point.

$220 when you ask for the best price from onecall.com for the non control talk, $270

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,593 of 1,752
Good ol' Turbine Pro Copper.  Mine are approaching a year of use already.  No issues yet.
I'm curious, what tips are you guys using lately?  I'm still using Sony hybrids.  I noticed the bore of whatever tips used on the Turbines can't be too wide or else the bass suffers significantly.  I think that might partly be why others may say the Coppers' bass lacks punch, quantity and/or depth.  With the hybrids they reach down very, very low and are kind of boomy at times, but never out of control.  Loads of fun.

I rotate between these and RE252 most of the time.

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #1,594 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:
Just ordered my Coppers today!!! Got them with ControlTalk, a feature I deemed essential if I'm spending this much. I got them for $277, shipping included-a good deal in my book!

I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I haven't gotten new 'phones in almost 18 months, and that was July of '09 when I got my Shure SRH840's. The March before that I got my Shure E2C's, so this will be the first IEM I've had in nearly two years-and I can't wait! They're going to be SO GLORIOUS!!! Hopefully just a few more days now......

Where did you order those from?  Last time I talked to Monster, they weren't actually making MTPC's with ControlTalk (despite having announced that variant at CES last year).  The rep who I spoke to a couple of months ago actually said that they had no plans to do so.  A quick check of the Monster website doesn't show that product available either.

All the Turbine models are now available with Control Talk from Monster.

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #1,596 of 1,752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey, you're back!
Awesome!

Every time you think your out, they pull you back in 
smile.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #1,598 of 1,752

Quote:
Via email, Onecall offered the coppers for $260 in response to my $200 offer. Should I try to call and get more or is that going rate now?
Thanks for any advice!

you gotta call them by telephone

Jan 24, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #1,599 of 1,752
So I wonder how many of you guys had issues with the coppers?
I constantly experienced problems with these phones and had to deal with the custom services for 4 times.
First time: the glue problem with the shell
2nd: left ear sound much louder than right ear
3rd: the phone mutes the vocal part and only presents background music
4th: they send me golds in a copper box
Finally, they've agreed to give me my money back.
I'm just so lucky that I have the lifetime warranty.
I had to say I liked the coppers when they are functioning fine, but with all these issues constantly popping up. I have to give them up.

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #1,600 of 1,752
Hey guys.  I have the golds, but I figure same thing in this case.

I have had my MTPG's for about 3 weeks now and the cable kink protector to the bud is already broken.  Should I just deal with it or is it something that could be covered under warranty without using up my 1 full replacement? 

Picture
http://i.imgur.com/jaZWu.jpg

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #1,601 of 1,752

Quote:
Hey guys.  I have the golds, but I figure same thing in this case.

I have had my MTPG's for about 3 weeks now and the cable kink protector to the bud is already broken.  Should I just deal with it or is it something that could be covered under warranty without using up my 1 full replacement? 

Picture
http://i.imgur.com/jaZWu.jpg

tell them the issue, and send them in, this is clearly a issue with build quality

Feb 3, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #1,602 of 1,752
So, I've now had my Coppers for several weeks. I'd recommend any new Copper/Gold owners to dweaver's burn-in thread here because the burn-in process really can give your Turbines entirely different character. Anyway, I do have one issue with my Coppers that I'd like to be PMed about if anyone has suggestions. I use an Android phone, and my ControlTalk doesn't work right. The play/pause and answering calls works fine, but the volume rocker does not change volume. Finally, even though the volume does work on Apple devices like my roommate's iPhone and my MacBook, I haven't found a way to change the song on any device-Apple or otherwise. So, does anybody have any suggestions on this? Please PM me if you do. Thanks!

Feb 3, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #1,603 of 1,752

Quote:
....Anyway, I do have one issue with my Coppers that I'd like to be PMed about if anyone has suggestions. I use an Android phone, and my ControlTalk doesn't work right. The play/pause and answering calls works fine, but the volume rocker does not change volume. Finally, even though the volume does work on Apple devices like my roommate's iPhone and my MacBook, I haven't found a way to change the song on any device-Apple or otherwise. So, does anybody have any suggestions on this? Please PM me if you do. Thanks!

My Turbine Pro Copper doesn't have the ControlTalk feature; but if what's on yours is a standard three-button controller, then I haven't found those to control my Droid, though it obviously does work with my iPhone.  On the newer Apple iPods/iPhones, to change a track, you double-tap the center button to move forward one, and triple-tap the center button to move back one.

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #1,604 of 1,752
anyone tried onecall recently?
I did the online 'myprice' and got a quote of 259...

also, does anyone know if the warranty is transferable if you sell or buy a used pair?
thanks

Feb 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #1,605 of 1,752
Woot, Amazon has MTPC in stock again, for the relatively low price of $277 (for the version with ControlTalk).  Totally worth it for me, since I have Amazon Prime, and use an Amazon credit card (so I get points back, and all that stuff)... mostly because it lets me return the phones, no questions asked, for up to 30 days.

Just throwing a heads up out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back